/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi from England :)

MEG
09-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Hello!

Thank you to the administrators for letting me on this forum. I am an English Catholic and am fascinated by God so find it really interesting to learn how other people view Him. I will probably be making a few threads and keep asking questions, but please bare with me! :P

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
09-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Greetings,

Welcome to the Forums. hope you have a good stay.

Asiyah3
09-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the forum Meg. :) We're pleased to have you here. :) Hope you'll enjoy and benefit from your stay here insha'Allah (God willing).

Please feel free to ask questions. :)

MEG
09-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Thank you very much for your welcome!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.

~Raindrop~
09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Hello, Meg.

Welcome to LI.

I hope you enjoy and benefit from the time you spend here :)

abdussattar
09-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the Forum and hope that you may enjoy yourself here

And find it extremely Beneficial

glo
09-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the forum, MEG. :welcome:

Catholics in the UK must be feeling quite a buzz at the moment. :)

MEG
09-11-2010, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Welcome to the forum, MEG. :welcome:

Catholics in the UK must be feeling quite a buzz at the moment. :)
Thank you!

Yes. I can't wait to go to Hyde Park, but I'm worried about the anti-Catholics protesting at the train station :o

tango92
09-11-2010, 02:47 PM
hello meg

is something going down at hyde park?

Cabdullahi
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
hello meg

is something going down at hyde park?
Its going down! brother im going down!

i think there might be an eid thingy Allah u allem....but its not for me

~Raindrop~
09-11-2010, 03:25 PM
isnt their pope supposed to be coming or something? :><:

PouringRain
09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Sawdah
09-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Meg, welcome to the forum. :)

tango92
09-11-2010, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Its going down! brother im going down!

i think there might be an eid thingy Allah u allem....but its not for me
dont gas me, i know you dont live there!

edit: i could swear your previous location was coventry

MEG
09-11-2010, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
isnt their pope supposed to be coming or something? :><:
You are correct. He is visiting the UK, but the media in Britain is very atheist and especially attacks Christianity. There is a group of extremist humanists who are against all religion and will be causing problems there. There are also many anti-Catholics (this is a Protestant country) who will be protesting against this visit.

Joys...

Muslim Woman
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Salaam/Peace to you

format_quote Originally Posted by MEG
but I'm worried about the anti-Catholics protesting at the train station :o

why is that ?? who are protesting ? ( ok , just saw ur ans )

btw Welcome to the forum :)

MEG
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace to you

why is that ?? who are protesting ? ( ok , just saw ur ans )

btw Welcome to the forum :)
Thank you very much! :)

marwen
09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forum sister !

hope you find something beneficial to learn from here, and I wish you share your knowledge and experience with us too.

have a nice stay .

LauraS
09-11-2010, 08:52 PM
^^^^People are protesting because they don't see why tax payers should have to finance a visit from the Pope when most of them really aren't interested in him. They are saying the Catholic Church should pay instead.

Welcome Meg! :)

Misz_Muslimah
09-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

MEG
09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
^^^^People are protesting because they don't see why tax payers should have to finance a visit from the Pope when most of them really aren't interested in him. They are saying the Catholic Church should pay instead.

Welcome Meg! :)
Thank you very much!

We have forked out millions for the visits of corrupt leaders who have been responsible for deaths and poor human rights. The Church decided to pay half. I don't believe that money is the issue.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello Meg

Welcome to the forum and hope you have a wonderful stay here

Feel free to ask questions and we will try our very best to answer you

Also hope you learn loads about the beautiful religion!

PEACE

LauraS
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you very much!

We have forked out millions for the visits of corrupt leaders who have been responsible for deaths and poor human rights. The Church decided to pay half. I don't believe that money is the issue.
True, there are many more issues people have with the Pope.

MEG
09-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I will shake the dust off my feet and return the welcome because sadly I have not felt it. Obviously, some people on here feel that all Christians work for the American government or are evangelists and I refuse to be labelled in that way.

I have heard that Islam is called the religion of peace and that this forum was about promoting that, but I have never known a religion to be insulted so much. Maybe the stereotype that Muslims believe that non-Muslims are to be oppressed is true? :/

MEG
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
And forgot to add:

S: (n) peace (the state prevailing during the absence of war)
S: (n) peace (harmonious relations; freedom from disputes) "the roommates lived in peace together"
S: (n) peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, repose, serenity, heartsease, ataraxis (the absence of mental stress or anxiety)
S: (n) peace, public security (the general security of public places) "he was arrested for disturbing the peace"
S: (n) peace, peace treaty, pacification (a treaty to cease hostilities) "peace came on November 11th
Farewell.

Zafran
09-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I will shake the dust off my feet and return the welcome because sadly I have not felt it. Obviously, some people on here feel that all Christians work for the American government or are evangelists and I refuse to be labelled in that way.

I have heard that Islam is called the religion of peace and that this forum was about promoting that, but I have never known a religion to be insulted so much. Maybe the stereotype that Muslims believe that non-Muslims are to be oppressed is true? :/
Forums are not the best place to learn about anything including Islam - people on forums most of the time hide behind the computer screen - and in real life are radically different.

By the way nobody oppressed you to come on a forum that was your choice - I would actually advice you to meet real muslims if you want know and learn about Islam.

peace

IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Maybe the stereotype that Muslims believe that non-Muslims are to be oppressed is true? :/
Far from it. Welcome to the Forum.

Ramadhan
09-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Fact 1:
American government are made up mostly by christians
Fact 2:
Many, if not most evangelist christians are very agressive and have no qualms in using unethical tactics to get people to convert, including lying. One can only look at how evangelist christians operate in developing or poor countries.

And if you are neither one (nor share their views), you should have no worries being in this forum :statisfie

sabr*
09-17-2010, 09:53 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Welcome MEG. If you haven't had the opportunity to read the rules of the forum it will assist you in acclimating sooner. Insha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?..._liforum_rules

Then the basics of Islam if you are not familiar.

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!