/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What personality do Muslims believe Christ has?

MEG
09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Christians believe that Christ condemns all violence and expects us to love everyone unconditionally. He taught us that if we only love those who love us, then we are no better than the Pharisees. There is so much more to describe His love, but it would go on for ages :p

Is this what Muslims believe?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Greetings MEG, and welcome to the forum.

Muslims believe the personality that Christ (peace be upon him) had, is that of an obedient and humble servant of Allah and His Messenger. He taught people, as he had been commanded to by Allah, to worship one God, the same as Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) had done before him, and same as Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did after him.

"The Messiah will never scorn to be a slave unto Allah, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorneth His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him;" (4:172)

"The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a woman of truth. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!" (5:75)

And when Allah will say: "O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah?" He will say: "Be Glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then You knew it. You know what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! You, only You, are the Knower of Things Hidden."
I spoke unto them only that which You commanded me, (saying): Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was a witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when You took me, You were the Watcher over them. You are Witness over all things. If You punish them, lo! they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them (lo! they are Your slaves). Lo! You, only You, are the Mighty, the Wise. (5, 116-118)

Peace.

Muslim Woman
09-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Salaam/Peace

if love means turn other cheek to the tyrant , then no , Muslims don't believe in that love.

Muslims must love and respect other human being ; but when there is unjust , Muslims must protest .

Tilmeez
09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Folks this section is for learners only not for debators.

Our christian members, specially, may not take this to their hearts as I don't doubt their intentions.

We are here to help you find / learn about Islam. We willkeep serving you, in our limits, until you abide by the forums' rules set by management without askin any reward as its preserved with Allah SWT, Inshallah.

For comparasion of religions/debaits etc wait a day or two as these sections will be open for posting shorty.

Other threads will also undergo a cleanup operation shortly. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't believe any prophets of Allah were pacifists, if they were then they would be going against the command of Allah to defend ourselves and our families

prophet Muhammad would always 'turn the other cheek' but he was commanded by Allah to tell the believers to defend themselves, so I highly doubt Jesus (peace be upon him) was a pacifist himself or he'd be going against Allah's commands

Ramadhan
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
It is not true that Jesus pbuh condemned all violence.
exhibit 1: he was so angry and kicked out the people who were doing commerce inside a temple and trashed their goods
exhibit 2: he sent demons to thousands of pigs, sending them to violent death
exhibit 3: he will be sent back to earth to lead the final war and he will kill dajjal al maseeh (the antichrist).

Jesus pbuh was a very loving person, but he was also very just.

MEG
09-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone for your answers.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Folks this section is for learners only not for debators....
Please don't think that I intend on debating. I gave examples of what I believe so that posters will know what type of reply I am looking for.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!