/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj 2010

S_87
09-13-2010, 12:51 PM
:sl:

With Ramadhan over, Hajj is just around the corner.

So was wondering if any brothers or sisters were planning on making Hajj this year

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Walaykum as Salaam

Those who are going this yr , pl. remember us in your dua.

manaal
10-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Insha Allah, will be going this year. It's my last chance before I leave Jeddah for good, so I have t take my baby (she'll be 11 months old). I know it would be tough with a child, but only Allah knows when I'll get another chance to perform hajj after this.

Insha Allah I would be performing Hajj Al-Ifrad so it would take only 4 days. The Makkah metro service would also be ready by then Insha Allah, making it much easier.

I'm only worried about the farewell tawa'f. I might have to do a big round and it would take about 3 hours to complete.

Darth Ultor
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
To all those going, may God hear your prayers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
10-04-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
Insha Allah, will be going this year. It's my last chance before I leave Jeddah for good, so I have t take my baby (she'll be 11 months old). I know it would be tough with a child, but only Allah knows when I'll get another chance to perform hajj after this.
May your haj accepted and your haj mabrur. amiin
Also please keep me in your dua so I can fulfill my haj obligation soon. Thank you.

My brother, his wife, my aunt and uncle are also going haj this year, but they will spend between 18 days to 30 days there, because they will also be spending time in Madina.

Darth Ultor
10-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I have a question: Why do many pilgrims go to Medina after the Hajj? I know that's where Muhammad was buried, but is it written in the teachings that it's recommended?

manaal
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
^ It is not part of the Hajj obligation. The total Hajj ritual takes between 4 to 6 days depending on what rituals you perform.

People go to Madinah because it is the second holiest city in Islam. When the Saudi Govt. gives out the Hajj visas the pilgrims are restricted to visiting Just Makkah, Madinah and Jeddah (as it is the closes commercial city to Makkah and the closes Int'l airport is located there) The drive from Makkah to Madinah takes just 2 1/2 hours.

When pilgrims spend a lot of money for the plane ticket, visa fare, board and lodging etc. (many people save all their lives for this opportunity) they want to make the most out of their visit as it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit the Holy Mosque and Grave of our Beloved Prophet (SAW) and other sahabas. There are also many historical masjids that they visit in Madinah, mainly Quba and Qiblatain.

Also prior to 1967, a great many Muslims made it a point to visit Al Aqsa, the third holiest masjid in Islam, upon the completion of pilgrimage in Makkah and Madinah.

manaal
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
More reasons to visit madinah are discussed in this thread.

AabiruSabeel
10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
:sl:

@thread title,
Hajj 2010? That's a long way to go. Don't think I will live for 579 years.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!