/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Earth and The Seven Heavens

khalid2
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Asalamu Alaykum

I would like to ask you a question concerning the seven heavens.
Firstly, are the seven heavens like universes that are one above the other? Or even like dimensions?

"It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things."
(The Qur'an, 2:29)

"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate."
(The Qur'an, 41:12)

"Then He completed and finished from their creation (as) seven heavens in two Days and He made in each heaven its affair. And We adorned the nearest (lowest) heaven with lamps (stars) to be an adornment as well as to guard (from the devils by using them as missiles against the devils). Such is the Decree of Him the All-Mighty, the All-Knower." (The Qur'an, 41:12)

"So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge."( The Qur'an, 41:12)

So with these verses of the quran I have a few questions.

Allah (swt) is above all of the creation and the paradise. The paradise is above all seven heavens and the earth. Are the angels throughout the heavens?

Is the earth part of the lowest heaven? because we are "adorned with stars"? or is the first heaven above earth adorning it with stars? Allah knows best. If anyone has knowledge to pass on please do Jazzakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Allah (swt) is above all of the creation and the paradise. The paradise is above all seven heavens and the earth. Are the angels throughout the heavens?

Is the earth part of the lowest heaven? because we are "adorned with stars"? or is the first heaven above earth adorning it with stars? Allah knows best. If anyone has knowledge to pass on please do Jazzakallah
I agree with the part where you asked if the Earth's heaven was the lowest heaven because you have quoted an important verse which says "adorned with stars" to guard against the evil among the Jinns (Invisible beings) lending ear to hear the conversation taking place above this heaven, i.e in the above heavens where Allah (swt) decisions are being declared...

(15:16) We have indeed set constellations in the heavens and have beautified them for the beholders

(15:17) and have protected them against every accursed satan

So the nearest heaven is our worldly earth's heaven.

And yes the Angels are spread throughout these Heavens ...

There is a Authentic Tradition recorded in the Books of Hadith where Prophet Muhammad (Saw) said...

Sayyidina lbn Abbas (RA) reported that while Allah’s Messenger (SAW) was sitting with some of his sahabah, a star shot down and there was a bright light (in the sky). Allah’s Messenger (SAW) asked, “What would you have said during the jahiliyah if such a thing had happened then)?” They said, “We would have remarked, A great man will die’ and great man will be born:” He said, “It does not shoot at the death of anyone or life of one. But when our Lord, blessed is His name and Exalted is He, decrees an affair, the bearers of the Throne hymn (His) glory. Then the dwellers of the heavens (the angels) hymn his glory, they being nearer to them, then those nearer to these (and so on) till the tasbih (glorification) resounds on the heaven. Then the angels of the sixth heaven ask those of the seventh heaven, ‘What has your Lord said?” They inform them. Then the dwellers of every heaven are informed till news goes out to the heaven above earth, and the devils try to eavesdrop, but are hit. They disclose it to their friends (the soothsayers). What they come out with is true, but they change it and add to it.’

[Ahmed 1882, Muslim 2229]

so yes throughout the Heavens, there are Angels spread who are busy praising their Lord and obeying His commands.

islamirama
09-13-2010, 09:30 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

Allah created 7 heavens and then paradise and hellfire above them. We are living in the first heaven which has stars hanging like adornments. This vast universe that is expanding since its creation is in the first heaven. Each heaven is mighter than the first heaven. You may have seen pictures on the web or on this forum somewhere showing the size comparison of Earth to planets like Jupiter and Saturn then comparison of that to the Sun, the Sun to a red giant and so on till the biggest known star is shown. All showing the magnificent of creation and the insignificance of us and our size.

Now imagine the vastness of this heaven and how large it is. In comparison to the 2nd heaven, this heaven is like a ring thrown in a desert. So imagine how large the 2nd heaven is. In comparison to the 3rd heaven, the 2nd heaven is like a ring thrown in the desert, and so forth for each heaven up to the 7th heaven. Then there is a tree at end of the 7th heaven and I believe a river across from which is paradise and hellfire, which are even bigger than the 7th heaven. And above all that vast incomprehensible size is the Kursi (foot stool) of Allah.

Anwar Al-Awlaki explains all this very beautiful in one of his lectures.

The previous prophets are stationed in all these heavens waiting for J_day to start. It was in these heavens that the Prophet (S) met the prophets as he ascended to meet Allah in the miraj and siraj. The angels are stationed in each heaven as they had to open the door to let the Prophet (S) and Archangel Jibril pass through each heaven after verifying they had permission to pass or not.

khalid2
09-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Jazakallah Khayran my brothers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
11-29-2010, 10:06 AM
The earth and the creation of seven heavens show that |ALLAH is the more powerful and he is the only one who can do this. He is beyond this world.

nutty
12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
just to clarify in my mind...the seven heavens are layers one on top of another....than paradise......subhanAllah....i always thot that the seven heaven were paradise....now i no differently...SuhanAllah how vast these must be and the power of Allah is unimaginable...

gohar98
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
It really shows how much powerful Allah is.

It really shows the power of Almighty Allah.

Saad17
12-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Harun Yahya say that this is referring to the seven atmospheric layers ( on his website of miracles of the quran, scientific_19)

1. Troposphere
2. Stratosphere
3. Ozonosphere
4. Mesosphere
5. Thermosphere
6. Ionosphere
7. Exosphere

Ramadhan
12-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, Harun Yahya got it completely wrong.
The majority opinion is the first heaven is our known universe, each layer of heaven with its own mandate (laws)

ardianto
12-28-2010, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saad17
Harun Yahya say that this is referring to the seven atmospheric layers ( on his website of miracles of the quran, scientific_19)

1. Troposphere
2. Stratosphere
3. Ozonosphere
4. Mesosphere
5. Thermosphere
6. Ionosphere
7. Exosphere
According to DR.Thomas Djamaluddin, those Seven Heavens are not places that we can see with our eyes, are not places where we can visit with Space Shuttle. Those Seven Heaven are not physical layers, but something that "ghaib", something that become the secret of Allah.

He made this conclusion after he made research on Isra Mi'raj event and also from Qur'an.

Maybe DR.Thomas Djamaluddin is not a Mufasir (interpreter), but he is an astronomer from LAPAN (National Aviation and Astronomy Institute) Indonesia.

ayesha.ansari
07-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Obviously, you are right about it

Just_A_Girl13
07-17-2011, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
According to DR.Thomas Djamaluddin, those Seven Heavens are not places that we can see with our eyes, are not places where we can visit with Space Shuttle. Those Seven Heaven are not physical layers, but something that "ghaib", something that become the secret of Allah.
SubhanAllah! It is so amazing to think that there are six other Heavens that are a complete mystery to us. I'm speechless :omg:

ayesha.ansari
07-18-2011, 06:59 AM
I read some where that we can see paradise n NASA picture is available too i asked many people to show that picture but i am not able to find it. To proof that these paradise exist and they are heaven i am still on this belief that these are secrets of ALLAH that will be revealed at the day of judgment.

Ramadhan
07-18-2011, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha.ansari
I read some where that we can see paradise n NASA picture is available too i asked many people to show that picture but i am not able to find it. To proof that these paradise exist and they are heaven i am still on this belief that these are secrets of ALLAH that will be revealed at the day of judgment.
No one alive in this world today has never imagined what jannah/paradise looks like, let alone seen it, and no one ever will (well, except for prophet Isa a.s. who will return to earth). When Hubble telescope has not even been able to to take picture of the edge of this known universe (ie. within the first sky), how is it possible that it has captured the sight of paradise?
Anyone who believes otherwise are non-muslims or misguided muslims.

"So no soul knows the delights of the eyes which is hidden for them; a reward for what they did."
[QS. 32:17]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said:
"I have prepared for my righteous slaves what no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and the mind of no man has conceived."

The Prophet [pbuh] said:
"Never mind what Allah has told you {about Paradise}, what He has not told you is even greater." {Sahih Muslim}.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!