/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is more worse.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
What is more worse, listening to music or free-mixing of men and women?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Isn't that like asking What is more worse, drinking beer or eating ham? Well, both are Haram.

A respected elder once said, do not commit any sin thinking it is small, it maybe that that very sin might lead you to Fire.
And do not leave any good deed thinking it is small, it maybe that that very good deed might lead you to Jannah.

Snowflake
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
^mashaAllah!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Isn't that like asking What is more worse, drinking beer or eating ham? Well, both are Haram.

A respected elder once said, do not commit any sin thinking it is small, it maybe that that very sin might lead you to Fire.
And do not leave any good deed thinking it is small, it maybe that that very good deed might lead you to Jannah.
Masha`Allaah

I agree with brother AabiruSabeel
They are both as wrong when commited!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Jazakallah! I thought I could justify the act of listining to music as I was not much into the inter-mixing thingy and many things such as smoking, drinking...:ermm:

aadil77
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

Jazakallah! I thought I could justify the act of listining to music as I was not much into the inter-mixing thingy and many things such as smoking, drinking...:ermm:
how can you justify any wrong just cause you avoid other haram things?

its like saying you can justify commiting zina because you don't disrespect your parents, or you don't murder people...

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Please understand, I am going through really hard times these days.:cry:

aadil77
09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
bro I'm goin through hard times as well - you're not the only one, I used to turn to music when I'd feel low, but its all fake - kind of like some intoxicant that changes your emotions,

what you need is a real alternative - theres so many beautiful nashids and quran recitations available these days, you'll never need to listen to music again!

listen to some mishary al afasy or choose a recitor of the Quran that you like www.QuranicAudio.com

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
bro I'm goin through hard times as well - you're not the only one, I used to turn to music when I'd feel low, but its all fake - kind of like some intoxicant that changes your emotions, ...
Yeah, some music are deviously created which release dopamine and which actually makes a person feel good, when i'm sad, angry, bored....
I know all this but I cant help...I try to stop it forever and after a day or two I go crazy for not listening to it. Eventually giving up. It happened several times before.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
what you need is a real alternative - theres so many beautiful nashids and quran recitations available these days, you'll never need to listen to music again!

listen to some mishary al afasy or choose a recitor of the Quran that you like www.QuranicAudio.com
Jazakallah, I'll try it.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Aslaamu`ALaaykum

Music is NOT hard to stop listening to, i read somewhere well a lecture i remember, where said that the heart loves one thing so if you feed in music it will have no love for the Quraan, and if you listen to Quraan you will hate music (you may think thats impossible but it certainly is not), and i can 100% agree with this from experience.

I can see according to some Music is like smoking, if you dont stop smoking you will harm yourself same goes for music and when a shiekh once said "If only they knew!"

So Quraan is definetly something you should listen to, and if you have any music delete it. This is like Jihaad doing it for the saake of Allaah, to struggle for the saake of your creator Subhaan`Allaah.

Also something awesome i heard in a lecture i recall hearing it on thedeenshow i duno if anyone watches that show, but anyway, Allaah rewards those in Jannah for those who kept their ears away from listening to music for Allaahs sake, and Allaah will make you hear the most beautiful of recitations of the Quraan, which is of Davood (AS) , and then Allaah says there is a more beautiful voice than this he will let you hear which is of Rasoolallah Saw and then Allaah SWT says he will let you hear of another beauiful voice better than his SAW, and it is Allaah SWT who then recites himself. However i dunno how authetnic this story is, if someone has any source inshaAllaah please do provide. . . .but its something that motivated me to stop listening to music.

Forgive me if ive said anything wrong and bad and i also hope that i made sense.

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Woodrow
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
There are some excellent substitutes to music. Nasheed have already been mentioned. Listen to these for instance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-GOHa5-YQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGe2T...eature=related

There are also the beautiful sounds of nature. Man made music can not compete with these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXOo68SDTdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EMZ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGEHYY8c8VM

tango92
09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
if you were in london id recommend a long walk in the rain

or something else i do is get on my bike and cycle for hours places ive never been deliberately trying to get lost, that releases stress pretty good.

IslamicRevival
09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
What is more worse, listening to music or free-mixing of men and women?
Does it matter which one is worse, (if there is such a thing)? We as Muslims cannot justify doing any sin by claiming its not as bad as another sin. A sin is a sin. A Haram act is a Haram act. All sins whether small or big will lead us towards the hellfire.

Asiyah3
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
:sl:
Turn to Allah. Why do you make yourself dependent on Satan's instruments while he is an enemy to you?

"He said: I expose my distress and anguish only unto Allah, and I know from Allah that which ye know not. " (12:86)

Yahya ibn Mu`adh al-Razi said, “Glad tidings to the one who leaves the dunya before it leaves him, prepares for his grave before he enters it, and pleases his Lord before he meets Him.”

It was said that Allah revealed to Prophet ‘Uzayr (`alayhi sallam), “O ‘Uzayr! If you committed a small sin, do not look at its smallness; rather look at Whom you have sinned against. If you are granted a small blessing, do not look at its smallness; rather look at the One who has granted it to you. And if a calamity befalls you, then do not complain against Me to My creation, just as I do not complain against you to My angels when your bad deeds are raised to Me.”

A man once came to Hamid al-Laffaf and said to him, “Advice me.” He said, “Have for your Religion (din) a cover, just like a copy of the Qur’an (mushaf) has a cover.” The man asked, “And what is the cover of the din?” He replied, “Leaving speech except that which is necessary, leaving the dunya except that which is necessary, and refraining from mixing with people except when it is necessary. Also know that the essence of asceticism is refraining from the prohibitions be they minor or major, fulfilling all the obligations be they easy or difficult, and leaving the things of this world for its people be they great or small.”

Sawdah
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
After reading everyone's post, it makes me think how music truly is the shaytaan's instrument. It's so evil. It's crazy how music can control a person's feeling and make them feel in a certain way, subhanAllah. It makes people smile, laugh, dance, sad, cry, angry, calm, sleep. So devious, a'oudubillah.

Music is just another technique of Shaytaan to lead you astray if you think about it. Some people don't realize what they're listening to. They find the beat of the song amazing, but what they don't know is that the songs is calling on to zina, astaghfirullah. They don't realize this, they're too caught up with the beat or they do listen to the lyrics but sort of 'space out'. I know that saying "don't listen to music" is easier said than done, but if you truly wish to stop listening to music, make dua to Allah to help you stop.

Yeah, some music are deviously created which release dopamine and which actually makes a person feel good, when i'm sad, angry, bored....
I know all this but I cant help...I try to stop it forever and after a day or two I go crazy for not listening to it. Eventually giving up. It happened several times before.
I wouldn't do that because you would need to busy yourself with something else. Try listening to Qur'an recitations or nasheeds instead. Also, if I were you, I'd delete all those songs off my iPod/MP3 player and replace it with that. If you just cut yourself off of it completely, you'll start thinking about listening to music and next thing you know, you're back at it again.

May Allah swt make things easy for you akhi, ameen.

Hamza Asadullah
09-19-2010, 02:41 AM

Asalaamu Alaikum wr wb, Jazkallahu khayran for sharing your issue with us. What we must realise is that one just has to look into the lives of those who create music, rap and sing and one will clearly notice what pathetic and miserable lives they really lead. We should think to ourselves "Why should i listen to the music of scum like that? When all they are talking about in their songs is about their desires and how others should also follow their desires." Once we have internalised in our minds what Music is really about and the evil that goes on in the industry then it will prevent one from going near Music.

Most of these singers, rappers etc end up getting rehabilitation because of the kind of lifestyle they lead. They sell their souls to shaythan for money, women, cars etc and Shaythan helps them in their music because shaythan was the first to sing. Once shaythan gives them success in their music he ends up gradually ruining them! He promises them everything and when they have achieved worldly success then they end up feeling suicidal and trapped.

We should NEVER Don't think to ourselves that these people are happy, because only Allah knows what they are feeling in their hearts and reading and hearing the stories from a lot of these singers, rappers and celebrities lives they lead a life of misery, anguish and depression because they end up not knowing who they really are and lose their identity.

They become like products of their industry who does not care for them at all. When they hit this all time low Shaythan then suggests that they turn towards intoxication and that is when the downhill spiral gets worse and many of them feel suicidal and unable to help themselves out of ther situation they have got themselves in.

My brother what you should realise is there is no cure in anything that is haraam. Some people say that a cigarette relieves stress. I say it gives you more stress because if you don't have a cigarette then you feel even more stressed. Allah tells us in the Qur'an how to find peace in our hearts:

"Those who believe, and whose hearts find comfort in the remembrance of Allah! " Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction." (13-28)

Therefore without a doubt the cure to whatever stress any of us go through in life is through the remembrance of Allah. Remembrance of Allah could be through listening to beautiful Qur'anic recitation and if one listens to Qur'anic recitation then one will actually gain similar rewards like one is reciting the Qur'an Subhanallah!

If you are ever feeling stressed then you can do the dhikr of Allah and imagine the greatness of Allah and you will feel your stress seeping out of you like water comes out of a bottle. Here are some Dhikr you can do everyday wherever you are no matter what you are doing:

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...-on-the-scales!

Nowadays you get these catchy tunes of rappers and singers talking about haraam and forbidden evil and you see a lot of our own brothers and sisters repeating those evil words and blasting it in their cars with pride and arrogance, singing wholeheartedly the evil words of the song not realising that they are in fact singing about evil and that which is contrary to the teachings of Islam.

Nowadays there is also a craze of our youth walking around with music pumping from their mobile phones. We as Muslims need to try and prevent this from happening and the best way to do this is spread the message that Music and the music industry is pure evil and it should be rejected by Muslimms. So let us not listen to the Music of shaythan for he is our eternal enemy.

Remember if we were to die whilst hearing evil words from Music what would our fate be? We have to think reality and we have to gain hatred in our hearts for ALL evils especially Music because music causes hypocrisy in the heart and a person who listens to music will have shaythan in thir blood stream! Those people who love music will also be the followers of the AntiChrist Dajaal who will play beautiful music and the lovers of music will follow him like a swarm of bees!

So let us listen to the beautiful recitiation of the words of Allah and give up the evil Music of shaythan whose words are ONLY of lies and deception for our ears and who's words are contrary to the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah. Shaythan only wants to make people follow their desires and music is his most powerful weapon. Therefore let us build hatred in our hearts for music and let us build love in our heart for the remembrance of Allah.

May Allah save us from ALL evil and surround us with goodness and may we do eevrything to please Allah and everything to refrain from that which Allah has forbidden! Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!