PDA

View Full Version : Stay Away From Watching Soaps, Movies, Bollywood Dramas, Gameshows And TV In General



IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 01:59 AM
As per title

Stay away from shaytans ultimate tool. Stick with the Islamic channels and avoid everything else, Even the news, best to avoid it as majority of the time, purposely there's a woman presenting the latest headlines. The only News channel that i know of that values women is Press TV. The rest deliberately put women on their channel just to pull viewers in, (Mainly men of course) May sound Insane to some but its true.

Gameshows, They may seem harmless but think again, Ever watch Deal or no deal? Men pecking each other on the cheek. All this lovey dovey crap between males and females. AstaghfirAllah, Stay away

Even cartoons, Do Not allow your kids, brothers, sisters to watch programmes such as 'Horrid Henry'. If you have a child, brother or sister who are disobedient and a bit hyper, now you know why. Such cartoons should not even be on air as they really are a nasty piece of work

As for Soaps, Its the norm for your average westerner to watch a bunch of people drinking urine in a pub and Following beyghayrat/shameful story lines. But for us as Muslims, Its a massive No No. Dont think i need to say much about movies, Total indoctrination and a waste of time

If i was to recommend an Islamic channel to watch, It would be Madani Channel, SKY 838. Alhamdulillah, A gem of a channel.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DavidK565
09-15-2010, 02:25 AM
I sincerely hope that this is a joke of some kind. I don't get it though, honestly.

As my knowledge grows, it seems the "restricted list" grows longer and longer. Not watching the news because there is a female anchor on TV is silly. The game show thing is also silly. Its a game show for goodness sakes! Nothing happens on game shows! You win prizes, answer questions, and stupid crap like that.
Reply

CosmicPathos
09-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
I sincerely hope that this is a joke of some kind. I don't get it though, honestly.

As my knowledge grows, it seems the "restricted list" grows longer and longer. Not watching the news because there is a female anchor on TV is silly. The game show thing is also silly. Its a game show for goodness sakes! Nothing happens on game shows! You win prizes, answer questions, and stupid crap like that.
that narrow-mindedness is exactly the reason for the moral fall of children and teenagers of the 21st century. behaviors are learnt by imitating what others do particularly when "others" are accepted as "cool" by the society. When children watch these "innocent game shows" on which "you win prizes, answer questions and stupid crap like that," they pick up behaviors, attitudes, fashion ideas and thoughts from the ill-educated and venom spewing hosts and visitors to the show. If its moral obligation to protect children from sexual abuse then its our moral obligation to protect them from behavioral and psychological abuse!
Reply

DavidK565
09-15-2010, 02:44 AM
If you were to watch a show like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" what kind of behaviors, attitudes and ideas do you think can possibly be picked up? If you're watching a trivia show, its questions about knowledge, not politics, religion, or other personal opinion stuff.

If you're watching "The Price is Right", people win prizes, they aren't going up there sharing their views on the world. There is no trace of "abuse". And if you do somehow find something that can damage a child in shows like that, then my humble suggestion would be to never leave your home again, because I can come up with 100 other things that you probably shouldn't do.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
CosmicPathos
09-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
If you were to watch a show like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" what kind of behaviors, attitudes and ideas do you think can possibly be picked up? If you're watching a trivia show, its questions about knowledge, not politics, religion, or other personal opinion stuff.

If you're watching "The Price is Right", people win prizes, they aren't going up there sharing their views on the world. There is no trace of "abuse". And if you do somehow find something that can damage a child in shows like that, then my humble suggestion would be to never leave your home again, because I can come up with 100 other things that you probably shouldn't do.
Things that could be picked up
1- its cool and acceptable for women to show their cleavage
2- its cool and acceptable for men to flirt with females by making random jokes while in trivia.

i can continue on and on.

using your logic then you should castrate all males so that no one can sexually abuse children.
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
Its a game show for goodness sakes! Nothing happens on game shows! You win prizes, answer questions, and stupid crap like that.
Oh really, 'Its only a game show is it'? and 'nothing happens on game shows'?

OK, I'm sure you have come across 'Countdown' On Channel 4. I want to bring your attention to the woman who picks random letters and numbers, I wont talk about why she was hired as its pretty obvious why (Its to pull the perverts in) She wears skimpy clothing and acts like a tart.. (And this garbage is on Daytime Television!)

Would you want your children watching this type of filth?
Reply

DavidK565
09-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Things that could be picked up
1- its cool and acceptable for women to show their cleavage
2- its cool and acceptable for men to flirt with females by making random jokes while in trivia.

i can continue on and on.

using your logic then you should castrate all males so that no one can sexually abuse children.
The two things that you mention happen EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. It happens in every building you have ever walked into and every building you will ever walk into in the future. So you simply can't leave your house. That's rough.... Specifically regarding TV, if you are adverse to the possibility of seeing a woman's cleavage, then you can't watch TV at all!

And just curious: Exactly where did my argument suggest that men need to be castrated? And what do game shows have to do with child abuse?
Reply

DavidK565
09-15-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Oh really, 'Its only a game show is it'? and 'nothing happens on game shows'?

OK, I'm sure you have come across 'Countdown' On Channel 4. I want to bring your attention to the woman who picks random letters and numbers, I wont talk about why she was hired as its pretty obvious why (Its to pull the perverts in) She wears skimpy clothing and acts like a tart.. (And this garbage is on Daytime Television!)

Would you want your children watching this type of filth?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with "Countdown". Though there is a show "Deal or No Deal" in which there are women holding the suitcases with the dollar values on a stage. Perhaps they are wearing clothing that doesn't meet your religious ideals. So you can choose not to watch that show, I suppose. But to suggest that game shows in general are of poor taste is not dangerous to anyone. The vast, VAST majority of game shows have no such content.
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
The two things that you mention happen EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. It happens in every building you have ever walked into and every building you will ever walk into in the future. So you simply can't leave your house. That's rough.... Specifically regarding TV, if you are adverse to the possibility of seeing a woman's cleavage, then you can't watch TV at all!
Yes we can, We are told to 'Lower our gaze' whenever we see someone of the opposite gender.

And yes we can watch TV, There are a number of Islamic channels on air for us to watch, (Mostly) Free from the usual junk you see on mainstream channels
Reply

Abdul-Raouf
09-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
I sincerely hope that this is a joke of some kind. I don't get it though, honestly.

As my knowledge grows, it seems the "restricted list" grows longer and longer. Not watching the news because there is a female anchor on TV is silly. The game show thing is also silly. Its a game show for goodness sakes! Nothing happens on game shows! You win prizes, answer questions, and stupid crap like that.

Even if your having eyes right now...I found that your mentally blind...from your reply.

Its like after you seeing a Nun - what if you said - "Its very cold outside thats why they are covering like that".

Your not getting the point...and your not trying to get the point. Cos its a Joke for you.
Reply

DavidK565
09-15-2010, 03:30 AM
I don't understand why one would take such a restrictive approach. If you see a scantily clad woman on TV, you could avert your eyes too, I suppose. Or simply watch it and not freak out about it. Why restrict yourself to only watching Muslim channels? There are lots of good things on television.

As someone who has had to recently deal with my family members converting to Islam, I find myself frustrated by this restrictiveness. There are many things in this world to enjoy, including TV (to a degree anyway) and I see no reason why one can not watch a program and yet still be a decent, religious person, despite seeing some chick's cleavage for 3 seconds.
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
I don't understand why one would take such a restrictive approach. If you see a scantily clad woman on TV, you could avert your eyes too, I suppose. Or simply watch it and not freak out about it. Why restrict yourself to only watching Muslim channels? There are lots of good things on television.

As someone who has had to recently deal with my family members converting to Islam, I find myself frustrated by this restrictiveness. There are many things in this world to enjoy, including TV (to a degree anyway) and I see no reason why one can not watch a program and yet still be a decent, religious person, despite seeing some chick's cleavage for 3 seconds.
Its not about averting our eyes only, we have to be mindful of what we hear also. A woman's voice is considered as part of her awrah hence its not as simple as turning our sight away

We as Muslims SUBMIT to Allah (God), We follow what Our creator and his beloved Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him taught us. We have limits and we should should not exceed them. This is why we 'restrict' ourselves from doing certain actions. What is forbidden by our creator is forbidden, What is allowed is allowed. Its as simple as that
Reply

DavidK565
09-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Ok, that's fair enough. Its not my place to argue your faith to that degree.

But as an aside to something related to a post in another thread, how would you feel if I asked my God to "guide you" to the correct path? Doesn't that seem a little condescending? I know your heart is in the right place, but in just that simple statement, you're under the presumption of a great many things that are not necessarily true.
Reply

Woodrow
09-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
As someone who has had to recently deal with my family members converting to Islam, I find myself frustrated by this restrictiveness. There are many things in this world to enjoy, including TV (to a degree anyway) and I see no reason why one can not watch a program and yet still be a decent, religious person, despite seeing some chick's cleavage for 3 seconds.
Peace David,

Although I am the oldest person in my family, I am also the last to revert to Islam. I have Grandchildren who accepted Islam long before I did. However, I did not know they had reverted until after I had accepted Islam. Long story but for a long period of time I had virtually no contact with my Children. I wont go into the details of that in this post.

I imagine you want the best for your family members who reverted. I understand you may feel that somehow they were brain washed and abducted into some type of bizarre cult. But no Muslim would ever force a person into accepting Islam. A person who accepts Islam needs to do so based on their own findings it is the truth. We encourage all people to question and seek verification of all things. We have no ordained clergy and no central authority on earth we answer to. Islam requires full self responsibility and an understanding that we each are responsible for our own choices. The only reason a non-Muslim should accept Islam is because they have learned it is the truth and they have a sincere desire to worship Allaah(swt). Nobody is going to pop out of the wood work and force anybody to learn about Islam. It has to be done with a person making a sincere search and finding us, not us finding them.

You would be surprised at how little contact with other Muslims us reverts in the US have. When I reverted I did not know a single Muslim in Texas and did not even know if there were any Muslims in Texas (where I lived at the time) I was surprised to discover there was a Mosque only 60 miles from me and until I reverted I would not have believed there was even one Mosque in all of Texas.

When a person reverts to Islam it is 100% their own choice and decision. It is not because any human led them to Islam, it is because through their own searching they found Islam. Rest assured your family members chose Islam because they believe Islam to be true, not because any human dragged them into it.

Even now my wife and myself are the only 2 Muslims in a 200 mile radius. We have to travel hundreds of miles to attend a mosque for Friday Jummah. We are Muslim because we believe it to be true, not because of any teachings from any human. We are not captives of Islam we are willing servants of Allaah(swt). If there were no other Muslims on Earth, both my wife and myself would still be Muslim based on what our own searching led us to.
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
Ok, that's fair enough. Its not my place to argue your faith to that degree.

But as an aside to something related to a post in another thread, how would you feel if I asked my God to "guide you" to the correct path? Doesn't that seem a little condescending? I know your heart is in the right place, but in just that simple statement, you're under the presumption of a great many things that are not necessarily true.
I apologize if you felt my comments were condescending, It was not my intention.
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-15-2010, 04:26 AM
Brother Woodrow, I always enjoy reading your words of wisdom . Beautiful post
Reply

DavidK565
09-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Woodrow, thank you for your post. It certainly deserves a response.

I don't actually believe that my family was "brainwashed" into following Islam. Though it does seem that way when you consider all of the changes involved with switching one's religious foundation. The things that were OK to do for all these years, are suddenly not OK (TV is one of those things). TV was perfectly fine for years and years, and now suddenly it isn't.

I don't want this to turn into a thread about my family (there's already one of those), but my point was that from a practical standpoint, I feel that one can choose to do good or do evil regardless of the influences in their lives. That's what being human is all about; we have the ability to make choices and the wisdom to think them through. Regardless of the content on TV, one should be able to live a completely wholesome life.

But that's just the way I look at things, and I know it conflicts with Muslim teachings.
Reply

Muslim Woman
09-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Salaam/Peace


Originally Posted by DavidK565
...There are many things in this world to enjoy, including TV (to a degree anyway) .
and who will decide up to what degree one can enjoy TV ?

Now a days , people watch with family members beauty contests , fashion shows where half naked / almost naked women come in bikini / mini skirts.
when I was a kid , I never watched this type of shows except for few seconds in news. But now regualry ( almost daily ) , they are showing these.

Even in movies for kids , there is one kiss scene ( minimum) . In cartoon or games , women characters wear almost no dress at all :(What kids / young people will learn from these shows except nudity ?

I really believe , TV is devil's instrument. It's sad that we can not get rid of it because of our weak faith.
Reply

Woodrow
09-15-2010, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
Woodrow, thank you for your post. It certainly deserves a response.

I don't actually believe that my family was "brainwashed" into following Islam. Though it does seem that way when you consider all of the changes involved with switching one's religious foundation. The things that were OK to do for all these years, are suddenly not OK (TV is one of those things). TV was perfectly fine for years and years, and now suddenly it isn't.

I don't want this to turn into a thread about my family (there's already one of those), but my point was that from a practical standpoint, I feel that one can choose to do good or do evil regardless of the influences in their lives. That's what being human is all about; we have the ability to make choices and the wisdom to think them through. Regardless of the content on TV, one should be able to live a completely wholesome life.

But that's just the way I look at things, and I know it conflicts with Muslim teachings.
The concept of sin inIslam does differ to some extent from the Christian concept. We see all things as being a personal responsibility. Sort of a debit and credit balance sheet. We will pay for our bad and evil deeds and we will be rewarded for our good deeds. We strive to reach the end of our life with a positive balance in which the rewards out weigh the punishments.

All things to us are either Haraam (forbidden) or Halal (allowed). But it is a bit deeper we have what is fiqh-- things we are obligated to do if we are physically and financially able to do, such as the 5 daily prayers, Paying Zakat (Donating to Charity) The Hajj (Pilgramige to Makkah. We have what is Sunnah --Not specifiacally an obligation but earns us rewards for doing so and identifies us as Muslim. Makroof (desired we not do them, but no reward or punishment if we follow them. Naturally we all want a balance sheet the carries a very high balalnce in our favor. Watching TV can be in this category as we will be rewarded for making a solid effort to avoid temptations and evil thoughts. Watching TV may or may not bring on a TV depending on our intent for watching and what it is we watch. If a person chooses to do so it is best to avoid TV as by doing so we will gain rewards by making an active effort to avoid temptation and avoid the possibility of sinning.

Many of us avoid things not because doing them would be a sin, but because not doing them will bring rewards.

I hope I made some degree of sense.
Reply

Vigno
09-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace




and who will decide up to what degree one can enjoy TV ?

Now a days , people watch with family members beauty contests , fashion shows where half naked / almost naked women come in bikini / mini skirts.
when I was a kid , I never watched this type of shows except for few seconds in news. But now regualry ( almost daily ) , they are showing these.

Even in movies for kids , there is one kiss scene ( minimum) . In cartoon or games , women characters wear almost no dress at all :(What kids / young people will learn from these shows except nudity ?

I really believe , TV is devil's instrument. It's sad that we can not get rid of it because of our weak faith.
Quite true, all on TV now is destructive except islamic channels.

No one can be religious and at the same time watch movies or so, there will be darkness in his or her heart that will always keep a distance between that person and Allah swt.

I found TV easy to depart when I dipped into Islam and felt the joy of faith. Faith cleanses the heart and then you can feel what is dirt and what is beautiful.

And I saw that most of TV is dirt, sad enough my family doesn't see this yet so am not able to get rid of TV.

Yes there are many beautiful things in life to enjoy, but TV isn't one of them.
To me praying is the most enjoyable but I can understand that that sounds strange for non muslims.

Being away from light surely gets oneself calling for darkness. That's when people go for TV and other forbidden things in Islam.
Allah forbade what's bad for us, so when watching movies is classified as haram, that means its bad for us.
Reply

Rhubarb Tart
09-15-2010, 10:42 AM
:sl:

lol I watch countdown, deal or no deal, News and Cash in the Attic etc with I have time.
Reply

Latitudinarian
09-15-2010, 12:16 PM
I can't stand to watch most of the stuff that gets broadcast on television. Formula soaps, sitcoms, game shows, reality TV and dramas are the epitome of mind-numbing filler. Don't even get me started on the content, the commercials. Injections of edgy, materialistic and hyper-sexualized material are in bad taste and are a reflection of the desperate lengths some will go to get noticed.

As much as I hate this stuff and the cost of my cable bill, I'm not about to retire the TV. The distinction can easily be made between the good and bad shows and there's a simple solution to that which is objectionable - change the channel. Some channels, such as news, history, documentary or public broadcasting channels, have a lot of positives to offer. While I'm sure religious channels provide enriching programs and avoid the nasty stuff, you don't need to bury your head in all things Islamic to be entertained or enlightened in an unadulterated fashion. Ultimately, when enough people opt to follow exemplary substance, media will veer away from the debauched stuff.
Reply

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I want to burn the Star network (of course not the people).
Reply

cat eyes
09-15-2010, 12:29 PM
i stopped watching soaps all together, i just found it a waste of time and got fed up of it..also its becoming more and more perverted like all those gay story lines, it was never like this 10 or 15years ago, they wouldnt there to put it on t.v because parents would ring in complaining that my children are exposed to this crap but now it seems that parents believe its harmless well any young parent that i have spoken to, years ago you wouldnt even see nude scenes on soaps now its all the time and these soaps are aired at around 7 in the evening.
Reply

Cabdullahi
09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
The show i hate the most is 'Loose women' and the only show i watch is Match of the day

There is good stuff a Muslim can watch but the garbage far exceeds the good stuff
Reply

Cabdullahi
09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by cat eyes
i stopped watching soaps all together, i just found it a waste of time and got fed up of it..also its becoming more and more perverted like all those gay story lines, it was never like this 10 or 15years ago, they wouldnt there to put it on t.v because parents would ring in complaining that my children are exposed to this crap but now it seems that parents believe its harmless well any young parent that i have spoken to, years ago you wouldnt even see nude scenes on soaps now its all the time and these soaps are aired at around 7 in the evening.
And the inclusion of crazy storylines to entice viewers like 'he's muslim and gay' 'he's parents dont want him'....she's cheating and he's with her and bla bla bla

We become what we watch just as we are what we eat. You watch dumb you become dumb
Reply

cat eyes
09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullahii
And the inclusion of crazy storylines to entice viewers like 'he's muslim and gay' 'he's parents dont want him'....she's cheating and he's with her and bla bla bla

We become what we watch just as we are what we eat. You watch dumb you become dumb
exactly. you took words from my mouth, it does influence a person.
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Reply

Tyrion
09-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow

Many of us avoid things not because doing them would be a sin, but because not doing them will bring rewards.

I hope I made some degree of sense.
I wish that was true for the vast majority of Muslims out there, but it seems to me that most of us learn a bit about the Deen, and then develop this incredibly inflated ego, and an annoying/dangerous attitude of self righteousness. It seems like everyone becomes a Shaykh over night, and they start passing fatwa's whenever they get the chance... I don't think they realize that they are in fact turning people AWAY from Islam, rather than bringing them to it.

I hope the OP doesn't misunderstand me though, and I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way... I'm not saying that watching lewd and shameless programming is okay, but is it really necessary to go around telling people, "Astaghrifullah, this is haram. Don't watch any TV. Ever."? I watch tv all the time, and find myself benefiting from it often... If something shameless does happen to pop up, then it's quite easy to just look away, or change the channel. If you decide that stop watching tv all together to become a better Muslim, then that's great, but just because you might have decided to take this extra step doesn't mean you need to go around telling everyone else to do it too... Also, I'm not saying that you shouldn't tell Muslims who are engrossed in shamelessness to change their ways, but there are many ways of doing this... It's not necessary to preach, but sadly that seems to be what a lot of Muslims my age tend to do...

/end rant

(Sorry about dragging that on.. :p)
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-16-2010, 07:30 PM
edit: Mods please delete
Reply

Cabdullahi
09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Lots of pensioners are going to love me for this, The sickest show on TV = bargain hunt

sick = good

35 we see...40...i have 45 here ....45 .....45...... 45 anyone .....45 IT IS!
Reply

Tyrion
09-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Was there any need for that? Its Crystal clear you are somehow offended by this thread even though i dont see why anyone should be.

Your post comes across as arrogant. You say some people develop an over inflated ego after they learn a bit about the deen..

1. Are you some sort of mind reader?

2. I don't know anything about my Deen (Islam) so how did you come to the conclusion that i'd learnt a bit about the deen?

You should take a hard look at yourself before throwing wild accusations around. You do not know my intention, This is an open forum and i will post what i want so i dont need a nobody like you implying i am acting all self righteous. You do not know how offended i am by your ridiculous assumption

Your second paragraph is filled with more nonsense then the first, I did not even once say TV's Haram so i dont know why on earth you said i did. Its a blatant lie from yourself

The Prophet (pbuh) said, “Whoever sees something evil should change it with his hand. If he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot do even that, then [he should hate it] in his heart. And that is the weakest degree of faith.” (Muslim)

If theirs any other way of making the Muslims aware of the dangers of TV without sugar coating it, Do share it with us. :heated:
Perhaps I worded things a bit too harshly... But like I said, that was more of a rant than anything else. The thread ended up reminding me of this trend I'm noticing among the Muslim community, so I suppose I just sort of went off. Sorry if you were offended though, that wasn't the intent of the post. -__-
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
09-17-2010, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
As per title

Stay away from shaytans ultimate tool. Stick with the Islamic channels and avoid everything else, Even the news, best to avoid it as majority of the time, purposely there's a woman presenting the latest headlines. The only News channel that i know of that values women is Press TV. The rest deliberately put women on their channel just to pull viewers in, (Mainly men of course) May sound Insane to some but its true.

Gameshows, They may seem harmless but think again, Ever watch Deal or no deal? Men pecking each other on the cheek. All this lovey dovey crap between males and females. AstaghfirAllah, Stay away

Even cartoons, Do Not allow your kids, brothers, sisters to watch programmes such as 'Horrid Henry'. If you have a child, brother or sister who are disobedient and a bit hyper, now you know why. Such cartoons should not even be on air as they really are a nasty piece of work

As for Soaps, Its the norm for your average westerner to watch a bunch of people drinking urine in a pub and Following beyghayrat/shameful story lines. But for us as Muslims, Its a massive No No. Dont think i need to say much about movies, Total indoctrination and a waste of time

If i was to recommend an Islamic channel to watch, It would be Madani Channel, SKY 838. Alhamdulillah, A gem of a channel.
i would have to agree with this thread. though you have to be careful on Islamic channels. you cant even watch an Islamic oriented show without music being in the commercial breaks.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!