/* */

PDA

View Full Version : purity of clothes

muslimgirl12
09-17-2010, 11:40 AM
salaam

you know when washing your hands after using the bathroom - does the water that splashes on your clothes whilst washing your hands in the sink make your clothes impure???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
09-17-2010, 04:10 PM
:wa:

No sister - I wouldn't worry about it. It's just probably Shaytaan (waswaas). Shaytaan is just making you think like this. So that it puts doubt into your head and therefore will lead you astray. Shaytaan attacks us in various ways. They start off with small things and lead to bigger. It's just to distract you and takle you away from doing good deeds.

Regarding your situation.

When washing your hands just be careful if you have such doubts. You can wash your hands without splashing water on your clothes.

So if you see a drop of najasah falling direct on your clothes then you need to wash those. However, if it is by any indirect means than for sure it is not impure.

I read a Hadith somewhere - I'll try to find it InshaALLAH if I have time.

Hamza Asadullah
09-19-2010, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
salaam

you know when washing your hands after using the bathroom - does the water that splashes on your clothes whilst washing your hands in the sink make your clothes impure???
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, In regards to your question Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai states: The splashes whilst washing your hands in the hand basin is not impure.

And Allah knows best in all matters

muslimgirl12
09-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Salaam - i really need help - i dont know what to do - i think im sufferring from paranio

i keep thinking my clothes are impure - for eg - i went to the bathroom at work today and was putting my scarf on - my scarf touched the floor and when i looked down i saw drops of water on the floor - now im thinking was that water or something impure,

should i change my clothes or ignore it -
what if i do ignore it and it really was impure - i really dont know what to do -

please help me!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
09-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Salaam - i really need help - i dont know what to do - i think im sufferring from paranio

i keep thinking my clothes are impure - for eg - i went to the bathroom at work today and was putting my scarf on - my scarf touched the floor and when i looked down i saw drops of water on the floor - now im thinking was that water or something impure,

should i change my clothes or ignore it -
what if i do ignore it and it really was impure - i really dont know what to do -

please help me!!
Drops of water does not make your clothes impure, especially if you can't smell anything bad with it. Don't worry.

However, you might have some sort of mild OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) if this happens frequently with you.
Or it was just was was from shaytan.

Yanal
09-24-2010, 03:13 AM
:sl:

Don't worry insha'Allaah but if the Shaitaan continues to make doubts in your mind with his evil intentions then to get rid of that doubt,just ask your local Imam,insha'Allaah.

muslimgirl12
09-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Salaam - thankyou for you replys

So if i ignore these doubts and just wear the clothes - but turns out i was actually wrong - will my salah still be accepted???

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2010, 10:01 AM
:sl:
it sounds like you may be having a bit of wiswaas messing with your mind.

Ramadhan
09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Salaam - thankyou for you replys

So if i ignore these doubts and just wear the clothes - but turns out i was actually wrong - will my salah still be accepted???
If you can't smell or see anything bad with your clothes, then just ignore your doubts.

If we worry whether our salah is accepted everytime we are going to do it, none of us will be able to perform it.

If you have doubts each time, then say "audzubillaahi minnasyaitonirrrojiim" (I seek Allah protection from distractions/harrassment of shaytan) and then be firm.

muslimgirl12
09-24-2010, 02:49 PM
salaam -

but what is thr ruling on doubt - if you not sure that impurity has come on you clothes - are your clothes considered pure -
like today again when flushing the toilet by touching the handle i saw that the handle was wet , but i had already touched by jumper - what do i do in regards to that -

im sorry i keep bringing this up - it just that this is really frustrting me - i feel like crying all the time - and feel like i should repeat my namaz and throw all my clothes on the wash - cos i dont know if my clothes were pure or not

Hamza Asadullah
09-26-2010, 02:16 AM
salaam -

but what is thr ruling on doubt - if you not sure that impurity has come on you clothes - are your clothes considered pure -
like today again when flushing the toilet by touching the handle i saw that the handle was wet , but i had already touched by jumper - what do i do in regards to that -

im sorry i keep bringing this up - it just that this is really frustrting me - i feel like crying all the time - and feel like i should repeat my namaz and throw all my clothes on the wash - cos i dont know if my clothes were pure or not
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Sheikh Farraz Rabbani states: There is a basic principle of sacred law (qa`ida fiqhiyya) that all people prone to misgivings in their worship should keep in mind, namely that:

Certainty is not lifted by a doubt .

[Ibn Nujaym, al-Ashbah wa’l Nadha’ir, andMajallat al-Ahkam al-`Adiliyya]

This means that if one is certain about something, such as the purity of the carpet, with purity being the basic assumption for all things, then we will keep assuming it pure until certain that it has become impure. Mere possibilities and likelihoods do not change this.

The important fiqh principles related to this matter include:

1. Certainty is not lifted by doubt;

2. Certainty is only lifted by another certainty;

3. The default assumption about a matter is akin to certainty;

4. The default assumption about all matters is validity and soundness;

5. Mere doubts and suppositions are of no legal consequence.

All surfaces are considered pure (tahir) until certainly established otherwise. [ Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah; Ala' al-Din Abidin, al-Hadiyya al-`Ala'iyya ] For it to be certainly established that the surface is impure, one has to either see the filth itself or its clear traces (namely, its color, smell, or taste).

As such, the floor of even a toilet is considered pure, even if it is wet. Walking on it will not render one's feet impure--and not affect one's wudu in any way.

This returns to the following legal principles: (1) the basis of all things is purity; (2) the basis of anything is akin to operational certainty; (3) certainty is not lifted by doubt; rather, (4) certainty is only lifted by certainty; and (5) doubts and misgivings are ignored. [ibid, and Hamwi, Hashiyat al-Ashbah; and Khadimi/Birgivi, al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]

When there is "reasonable doubt," caution is recommended--if one isn't giving to excessive worrying or misgivings (in which case one ignores all doubts, until such misgivings cease in one's life).

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!