/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 18 Embarrassing Beauty Questions–Answers

islamirama
09-18-2010, 12:05 AM
18 Embarrassing Beauty Questions – and Answers

Why Do I Have a Unibrow?
It's no secret that some gals grow excess hair between the eyebrows, along the upper lip, or on the chin. Occasionally, this can be a sign of a medical condition, such as polycystic ovary syndrome. But more often, it's just genetics. Plucking, waxing, or regular use of a depilatory cream can help. Laser hair removal and electrolysis are long-term solutions.

Does Anything Banish Cellulite?

No woman wants her rear compared to cottage cheese. Unfortunately, a type of fat called cellulite can create dimpled skin on the buttocks, hips, and thighs. Exercising to lose excess fat may help. Doctors question the value of cellulite creams, but those with caffeine may offer short-term improvements. Some cosmetic procedures also target cellulite.

Why Do I Blush So Often?

Most people blush on occasion, especially when feeling shy or embarrassed. But when patches of red pop up randomly on the cheeks, forehead, or chin, rosacea may be to blame. This chronic skin condition is treated with pills and/or creams. Frequent blushing along with a pounding heart during social situations can be a sign of social anxiety disorder.

Aren't I Too Young to Go Gray?

If you haven't reached 40 and more than half of your hair is white, you're "going gray" prematurely. In some cases, this can be a sign of a thyroid or pigment disorder. But most often, you can thank your parents for the early gray genes. Fortunately, premature graying does not mean that your body is aging more quickly than anyone else's.

Are Those Pimples on My Bottom?

Probably not. Small white or red bumps on the buttocks are most likely keratosis pilaris. This is a harmless skin condition that can also appear on the back, cheeks, upper arms, and thighs. The condition may last for years but tends to disappear gradually by age 30. Until then, intensive moisturizing can help reduce outbreaks.

How Did I Get Stretch Marks?

When the skin gets stretched by pregnancy, weight gain, or extreme weight loss, the stretch can create scarring. Stretch marks are usually red or purple, then fade to a glossy white. They generally occur on the belly, thighs, hips, breasts, or lower back. The marks can be reduced with chemical peels or laser surgery. Lotions and creams are usually of little benefit.

Why Do I Have Bad Breath?

You brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily, yet you still have a bad taste in your mouth -- a sign of bad breath. The cause could be gum disease, acid reflux, dry mouth, or even a sinus infection. But most likely, your diet is the culprit. Toothpaste is no match for heaps of onions and garlic. See if avoiding these foods helps. If not, check with your dentist.

Is There a Fix for Razor Bumps?

Razor bumps occur when stubble curls back on itself and grows into the skin. The best way to treat and prevent the bumps is to stop shaving. Hair removal creams and laser treatment are possible alternatives. If you prefer to keep shaving, you might be able to prevent razor bumps by taking a hot shower first and using a thick shaving gel.

What's Making My Teeth Dark?

If you drink coffee, tea, dark sodas, or red wine, you have your answer. Smoking and some medications can also discolor teeth. The first step toward whiter teeth is to brush and floss regularly to remove substances that stain teeth. Teeth whitening systems, ranging from over-the-counter gels to in-office bleaching, can also help.

How Can I Soften Callused Feet?

Calluses are common on the heels and balls of the feet. The thick layers of dead skin are there to protect your feet from the pressure of walking. But you may not like the sight of rough, yellowish heels peeking out of your sandals. Soaking your feet in hot water and scrubbing with a pumice stone can remove some of the dead skin.

Why Do My Nails Split and Fray?

If your hands are often exposed to water or strong soap, your nails may tend to split, peel, or become brittle. Using a moisturizer and protecting your hands from water may help. If the nails are yellow or white in addition to splitting and crumbling, a fungal infection may be to blame. There are antifungal creams, but they often don't work. You may need prescription pills from your doctor to cure the infection.

Why Do I Sweat So Much?

The purpose of sweat is to cool your body. If you tend to sweat when that's not necessary — for example, while sitting calmly in a cool room — you may have hyperhidrosis. This condition causes annoying but harmless excessive sweating under the arms and on the palms and soles of the feet. Unless very mild, prescription antiperspirants, pills, or even Botox may be needed to calm the sweat.

Help, I'm Losing My Hair!

Hair loss in women is more common than you might think (in USA). By age 40, 40% of women have visible hair loss. The most common causes are hormonal or thyroid problems, pregnancy, certain medications, and hormonal imbalances. Severe hair loss may be treated with topical solutions to stimulate hair growth or pills to address hormonal problems.

Why Do My Feet Stink?

Even if you shower regularly, foot odor can be stubborn. The soles of the feet are a favorite hangout for odor-causing bacteria. When sweat mixes with the bacteria, you get that familiar foot stench. Keep the feet dry and avoid shoes that make your feet sweat. Wash socks after every use. If your shoes have a lingering smell, try a deodorizer.

How Can I Soften Chapped Lips?

When dry air leaves the lips dehydrated, they develop tiny cracks. This can make the lips sensitive and unsightly. To reverse the damage, avoid licking your lips, which only causes more dehydration. Instead, use a lip balm made with petroleum jelly, castor seed oil, or shea butter. This will seal in moisture and protect the lips from the elements. And look for one with SPF 15. The sun's damaging rays can dry your lips even more.

Why Do I Have Spider Veins?

Are you a teacher, a nurse, or a sales clerk? Women with jobs that keep them on their feet are more likely to develop spider veins. Obesity, pregnancy, and genetics also boost your risk. Spider veins usually don't need treatment, but some women choose to remove them for cosmetic reasons. One effective procedure is sclerotherapy, which involves injecting the veins with a saline solution or chemical to make them gradually disappear.

Should I Worry About Skin Tags?

Skin tags are tiny balls of tissue that sprout along the neck, chest, back, and armpits. They are more common in women and the elderly. While they occasionally become irritated, skin tags are not dangerous. If the appearance of skin tags bothers you, a dermatologist can remove them with scissors or freezing them.

What Makes My Neck Age So Fast?

If you've lost a lot of weight, you may have excess skin hanging around the neck. And if your neck muscles have grown loose, you may have neck bands, sometimes called "turkey wattle." Either way, your neck may look older than your face. Botox injections can reduce neck bands. For a more dramatic change, a neck lift is also an option.

Note: The remedies given for each of the issue above are not the only remedies, if you have one of the issues above then consult with your doctor first for available options.

source: WebMD

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
09-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Some of these are not really embarrassing

Amoeba
09-19-2010, 08:08 AM
And some of the treatments are very questionable. :/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!