/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women marrying outside of islam?

vezovaio2002
09-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Salam,

I came across a website where it said that muslim women are allowed to marry outside of islam as long as the man is a person of the "book"... but I grew up knowing it's only MEN who are allowed to marry outside of islam.

Does anyone know an ayah or a hadith that tells us that women can only marry within islam? I know the reasons for it... but I just want some solid proof. Thanks ahead of time.

Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Aleena
09-18-2010, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vezovaio2002
only MEN who are allowed to marry outside of islam.
Are you sure that men are allowed to marry a disbeliever?

vezovaio2002
09-18-2010, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
Are you sure that men are allowed to marry a disbeliever?
Yes, i'm pretty positive men can marry PEOPLE OF THE BOOK... not a "disbeliever" so to say.

Predator
09-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Islam forbids a Muslim woman from marrying a non-Muslim man, and allows a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jewish woman.

Allowing a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jewish woman, is an exceptional rule applied under special circumstances. And when a Muslim man marries a Christian or a Jewish woman, there is no problem, because he believes in all prophets, and all holy books. There will be no problem between him and his wife in this matter, especially that his religion -Islam- commands him to be fair with his wife even if she were Christian or Jewish. And any Muslim man going through such marriage should have strong belief in his faith, and should strongly abide by his religion.

The reason for forbidding a Muslim woman from marrying a non-Muslim, is that a Christian or a Jewish man believes only in his prophet, and doesn’t believe in prophet Mohamed Salla Allah Allih Wa Salam or any of the other prophets (blessing be upon them).

For example, when this Muslim woman, tries to teach her kids to love and respect all prophets and believe in all of them, her non-Muslim husband will not agree, because he believes only in his prophet. He will interfere in the way she raises her kids, and prevents her from raising them in an Islamic way. And here comes the real problem, because she will have only two options, whether she leaves the whole thing as it is, and does nothing about it -which will be an insult to her religion- or she argues about the matter, and this will sure lead to more marital problems.

On the other hand, there will be no such problems between a Muslim husband, and a non Muslim wife, because if this wife tried to teach her kids to love and believe in her prophet, her Muslim husband will not refuse that because he already believes in her prophet and all prophets. This is why Islam allows the marriage between Muslim man and non-Muslim woman, and forbids the marriage between Muslim woman, and non-Muslim man. Because Islam respects the marital relationship and wants to guarantee its stability, not because it respects men, and disrespects women …

Discussing these issues with the westerners is so important, so that they get to know Islam better, and understand the logic behind social rules, and issues.

One of the nice stories mentioned in the conference, was a story of a Muslim girl when her school was celebrating Christmas. She was blamed for not celebrating her prophet’s birthday as they do. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala inspired her with a very smart answer. She said to her teachers and her friends, “you believe only in one prophet, but we Muslims, respect and believe in all prophets. If we tried to celebrate all the prophets’ birthdays then everyday of the year would be a feast for us.” They were all astounded by her brilliant answer

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Aleena
09-18-2010, 07:26 AM
PEOPLE OF THE BOOK...
wa alaikum salam sister,

Aren't People of the book christians and jews? are they not disbelievers? and can you please refer to quranic verses or authentic hadeeth which say that men are allowed to marry outside islam.

my knowledge is limited :hiding: Plz correct me where m wrong.

vezovaio2002
09-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the help... I already knew all of this. But I just wanted Quranic PROOF to show somebody... do you know where I can find that?

vezovaio2002
09-18-2010, 08:00 AM
K. Aleena, I don't know any quranic Ayas,.... that's my question! I wanted proof.... but Airforce explained it nicely so I hope that helps.

Insaanah
09-18-2010, 09:25 AM
:sl:

Does anyone know an ayah or a hadith that tells us that women can only marry within islam?
"O you who believe! When believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them, Allah knows best as to their Faith, then if you ascertain that they are true believers, send them not back to the disbelievers, they are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them...." (Surah al-Mumtahanah, 60:10)

:sl:

Ramadhan
09-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Al Maidah:5

This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time,- when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

Ramadhan
09-18-2010, 10:11 AM
al Baqarah:221

Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise.

abdulrah
09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
asalaam no men can only marry people of the book meaning those christians/jews who maintain tawheed in their religion that they believe allah is 1 and has no partners they just dont know islam and that person can be seen to have sincere awareness of pleasing god but the problem is i think true christians/jew are non existent or very very small in number scattered all over the world in todays world

جوري
09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulrah
asalaam

what kind of screen name is that?
that is not an Islamic name!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!