09-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum and to Islam, sister Amoeba,

Does this link help you?

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14852...20relationship

Amoeba
09-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes it does, thank you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
09-18-2010, 02:04 PM
asalam alaikum

also visit; http://muslimconverts.com :) it might help in some things.

Salahudeen
09-18-2010, 02:56 PM
^Interesting fatwa from Islam QA from what I understand of it is that you should both repent to Allah and stop the haraam contact and then get married.

Muslim Woman
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Salaam sis

Welcome to Islam :)

after embracing Islam , all ur sins are forgiven and turned in to good deeds. So , you are not a sinner anymore :D

before marriage , pl. offer Istekhara salat ( ask Allah for guidance ) .

Masriya
09-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I can't add links because I'm still new to the forum; I hope the following is useful:

How To Pray Salat-Ul-Istikhara

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 2, number 32 and volume 4, number 141.

Often, we have to make major life-changing decisions: whether to undertake a major project or not, whether to
apply for a promotion or not, whether to change career or not, whether to invest in a certain company or not,

whether to get married or not, whom to get married to, etc.

Istikhara (Arabic) means to ask Allah to guide one to the right thing concerning any affair in one’s life,
especially when one has to choose between two permissible alternatives, e.g. a career choice, getting married,

etc. Similarly, a traveller should consult good righteous persons before setting out on a journey, because Allah

says, “And consult them (O Prophet) in affairs (of moment),” (Qur’an, 3: 159) and one of the characteristics of
the believers is that “they (conduct) their affairs by mutual consultation” (Qur’an, 42: 38). Qatadah said, “Every
people who seek the pleasure of Allah and consult with one another are guided to the best course in their
affairs.” The traveller should also make istikharah and seek guidance from Allah.

Sa’ d ibn Waqas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Istikharah (seeking guidance from Allah)
is one of the distinct favors (of Allah) upon man, and a good fortune for the son of Adam is to be pleased with

the judgment of Allah. And a misfortune of the son of Adam is his failure to make istikharah (seeking Allah’s

guidance), and a misfortune for the son of Adam is his displeasure with the judgment of Allah.” Ibn Taimiyyah
said, “He who seeks guidance from the Creator and consults the creatures will never regret it.”
Salatul Istikharah is a sunnah. It is a prayer that one may pray if one must choose between permissible
alternatives: it is two non-obligatory rak’at (that can be recited separately or in combination with the regular
sunnah prayers or the prayer for entering the mosque […] during any time of the day or night, and to recite
therein whatever one wishes of the Qur’an after reciting al-Fatihah. After the two-rak’ats, one praises Allah and
sends salutations to the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam and recites the following supplication which has been
recorded by al-Bukhari in Jabir’s hadith (see full text below): “The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam would teach us al-istikhara for all of our affairs as he would teach us a surah from the Qur’an. He said: ‘If one of you is deliberating over an act, he should pray two non-obligatory rak’at and say:

(Here are the English transliteration and translation of the dua)

Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi’ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa asaluka min fadlika al-’azim Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta’lamu Wala a’lamu, Wa anta ‘allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta’lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma’ashi wa’aqibati amri (or ‘ajili amri wa’ajilihi) Faqdirhu li wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta’lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma’ashi wa’aqibati amri (or fi’ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li alkhaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi

O Allah, I consult You as You are All-Knowing and I appeal to You to give me power as You are Omnipotent, I ask You for Your great favor, for You have power and I do not, and You know all of the hidden matters . O Allah ! If you know that this matter (then he should mention it) is good for me in my religion, my livelihood, and for my life in the Hereafter, (or he said: ‘for my present and future life,’) then make it (easy) for me. And if you know that this matter is not good for me in my religion, my livelihood and my life in the Hereafter, (or he said: ‘for my present and future life,’) then keep it away from me and take me away from it and choose what is good for me wherever it is and please me with it.”

The Fiqh-us-Sunnah scholars maintain that there is nothing authentic concerning something specific (e.g.

specific qur’anic ayats, etc.) that is to be recited in the prayer nor is there any authentic report concerning how

many times one should repeat salat-ul-Istikhara.
An-Nawawi holds that “after performing the istikharah, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined
to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he had desired to do before making the
istikharah. And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not
completely leaving the choice to Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah’s power and
knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah’s choice, means that one should completely leave what he himself had
desired or determined.”
The above duas for salat ul Istikhara was derived from hadiths (referred above in Fiqh-us-Sunnah) and narrated
by Jabir bin Abdullah about Salat-ul-Istikhara in Sahih Bukhari (volume 2, hadith number 263 and again
volume 9, hadith 487).

How to pray Salat-ul-Istikhara step-by step:

1. Perform Wudu (the ablution) if you do not have it already.

2. Pray 2 raka’at either with the intention of praying Istikhara separately by itself or jointly with 2 rakat of,

for example, tahajjud.
3. Immediately after you have completed the 2 rakats, recite the abovementioned Istikhara Dua.
4. Name the deed you wish Allah to provide you with guidance about.
5. Follow An Nawawi’s advice on how to interpret Allah’s guidance (again see above).

6. There is no limit on the number of times you can pray Salat-ul-Istikhara.

May Allah guide you to make the right decision.

Salaam

Amoeba
09-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't know how to do a rakat yet. I have immense trouble learning how to do it because there are no lessons online or anything on how it's done. The stuff I read in books I don't understand.

Masriya
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
:sl:

Is there a muslim community where you live? An islamic centre? Any muslim friends? Ask them for a practical demonstration on how to pray; it might be easier when you see it performed in front of you.
Try to attend lessons in your local mosque or in an islamic centre if close to you.

The following site shows a way you can pray until you can learn: islamdoor.com/prayer.htm

I'll try to find an easy explanation on how to pray.

Can anyone in the forum post any links with a simplified explanation on prayer even with images of the movements? I can't post any links yet.

Sister Amoeba, say the words for istikhara for now until you learn to pray rakaat.

I hope this helped.

Salaam

Amoeba
09-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Ok thank you for all the information you have provided, it is very helpful. I have had sisters at the local masjid show me and I have joined in some of the congregational prayers but only followed the actions. I can't seem to get the hang of what to say or what it means, even though I have a book that tells me. Memory is just not that great. They don't hold lessons or anything, at least not for the women.

I'll take your advice and say the words for istikhara, thanks.

Amoeba
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Just the link given comes back 404 not found, that's all.

Masriya
09-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry, I'm still not allowed to post links. I copied and pasted part of the explanation found in the link I gave you. It basically consists of what you could say during prayer if you haven't memorized any Quran yet and if you're having a difficulty with Arabic.

This way of performing prayers is permissible for you until you can learn

After you Stand facing towards the direction of QIBLAH, that is the direction of the Sacred mosque in Makkah, in(Saudi Arabia). you say Allahu Akbar" (Allah is the Greatest).

In the beginning of the prayer While standing, bowing, prostrating, and sitting, you should say "subhaan allaah wal-hamdu lillaah wa-laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar." (Glory be to Allaah, and praise and thanks be to Allaah, and there is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is the most Exalted and Great.) you can say it in your language Then conclude the prayer by turning your head to the right then left, each time saying "as-salaamu alaikum." (which means Peace be upon you and The Mercy of Allah! This way of performing salaat is permissible for you until you can learn and memorize what should be said in each movement and position of the salaat.remember you can say the prayers in your language

Abu Dawood reported that a man came to the Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "I cannot learn anything of the Qur'aan. Teach me something that will suffice me." He said, "Say Subhaan Allaah wa'l-hamdu Lillaah wa Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa Allaahu akbar wa Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah."(Glory be to Allaah, and praise and thanks be to Allaah, and there is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is the most Exalted and Great.)

The Prayer in arabic is must only for people who know arabic. You cannot read koran (about 30 words only they call it Fatihaa and Surah)while standing in prayers in your language because God said it in Arabic and we have to say it as he said it to make sure that we have his words not translation. But all other parts of the prayers like SUPPLICATIONS u can say it in your language. If u can not learn these 30 words there are easy words u can use it and say it in your language here it is (Glory be to Allaah, and praise and thanks be to Allaah, and there is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is the most Exalted and Great.) for new muslim he can use and say these words in his prayers for all movements

Hope this can help you pray until you can memorize Surat Al-Fatiha and some short suras from the Quran in Arabic. Take it step by step until you learn; people born into islam start learning from childhood and start praying from the age of 10 to 13 years; so I guess it must be quite difficult for you. May Allah guide you and help you.

Salaam

Snowflake
09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Assalamu alaykum my dear sister Amoeba,

Welcome to Islam, and IB mashaAllah :)

InshaAllah, you'll these videos explaining how to perform ablution and salah very useful.

How to perform ablution - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdxJ0Hzt7GU

How to perform salah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xezyl...eature=related

May Allah grant the teacher the highest abode in Jannah. Ameen. He is deeply missed imsad

:wa:

Salahudeen
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Tells you how to pray on this link, check out the video, just scroll down and press play.

http://www.kalamullah.com/new-muslims.html

S.Belle
10-02-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
I don't know how to do a rakat yet. I have immense trouble learning how to do it because there are no lessons online or anything on how it's done. The stuff I read in books I don't understand.
First off congrats on becoming muslim Sis :statisfie

this site will help you when I converted I was going thru the same thing you are now lol but Inshallah you will learn more each day
http://www.islamicity.com/education/quranreciter/ this is a great application that helps you to learn how to memorize quran
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ara...Ayat/1/1_1.htm here is a link to listen to quran
do you know Al-Fatiha yet?
If not what helped me was listening to it and writing it down (in a way i understood it) so that I could say it along with the reciter. And just do this many times a day and you will get it Inshallah
After you learn Al- Fatiha (if you haven't) began learning a small sura like Ikhlas
I know it can be VERY hard to learn especially when you dont understand the language but keep working hard

Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

May Allah Bless you and raise us all in Ranks

Yanal
10-02-2010, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
:sl:

I know that this post will not be relevant to your thread question but it is relevant to your post above. Insha'Allaah,take a look at this site: http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/L...h_In_Audio.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!