PDA

View Full Version : Islam is exploding



Cabdullahi
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM


Nearly 4 times more than christianity









Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-18-2010, 06:10 PM
And "Muslim" about 252,000,000 results.
Reply

AlwaysIslam
09-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Haha =) SubanAllah.
Reply

Zafran
09-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Salaam

Intresting - there are many haters of Islam out there far more then any other religion.

It is easily the most talked about religion - good or bad.

peace
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Yanal
09-19-2010, 04:59 AM
:sl:

Not neccesarily a good thing brother,who knows what the other people around the net talk about when discussing Islam,like said above,it could be good or bad but likely bad with all the discussions/debates with Quran Burning issue and such.
Reply

DavidK565
09-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by Zafran
Salaam

Intresting - there are many haters of Islam out there far more then any other religion.

It is easily the most talked about religion - good or bad.

peace
Considering Muslim persons compose nearly 1/5 of all the people on the planet, and the second largest religious sect in the world, there sure is a "minority" mentality....

I'm not suggesting that Islam isn't the "Religion Du Jour", and everyone is talking about it, but NO ONE is more hated, universally, than the Jews. Its like a constant throughout history...
Reply

Zafran
09-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
Considering Muslim persons compose nearly 1/5 of all the people on the planet, and the second largest religious sect in the world, there sure is a "minority" mentality....

I'm not suggesting that Islam isn't the "Religion Du Jour", and everyone is talking about it, but NO ONE is more hated, universally, than the Jews. Its like a constant throughout history...
No offence but at this moment in time muslims are far more hated then any other group out there. Its ok to be Islamaphobic but any sign of anti Jewish rhtoric is a no go area -

The history lesson you give is a western history lesson - not a universal.

But right now muslims take the hate cake in the west.

what do you mean by minority mentality? If muslims are only 3 million in a country which has a population of 60 million, then why would there not be a minority mentality?
Reply

DavidK565
09-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Zafran
No offence but at this moment in time muslims are far more hated then any other group out there. Its ok to be Islamaphobic but any sign of anti Jewish rhtoric is a no go area -

The history lesson you give is a western history lesson - not a universal.

But right now muslims take the hate cake in the west.

what do you mean by minority mentality? If muslims are only 3 million in a country which has a population of 60 million, then why would there not be a minority mentality?
I'm not saying that Muslims in certain areas don't have it rough. As I said, Islam is the Religion Du Jour. Its the most talked about religion in the world, right now. And yes, there is a good amount of Islamic hatred out there. But let me put it in this way: Think of a lake in winter that freezes over. That layer on top that you see in the winter, is the hatred for Islam. But underneath that thin layer of hatred for Islam, is the vast and deep hatred for Jews that's been going on forever.

I will grant you that Anti-Jewish rhetoric in public is frowned upon but that doesn't mean it isn't right underneath the surface. It comes out all the time, in the strangest ways.

As for the "minority mentality" comment, I was under the impression that Muslims look beyond national boundaries and consider Islam to be a "nation". And if that's the case, it certainly isn't a minority. There may be geographical locations where they are outnumbered, but there are also many places in which they are the vast majority.
Reply

Zafran
09-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by DavidK565
I'm not saying that Muslims in certain areas don't have it rough. As I said, Islam is the Religion Du Jour. Its the most talked about religion in the world, right now. And yes, there is a good amount of Islamic hatred out there. But let me put it in this way: Think of a lake in winter that freezes over. That layer on top that you see in the winter, is the hatred for Islam. But underneath that thin layer of hatred for Islam, is the vast and deep hatred for Jews that's been going on forever.

I will grant you that Anti-Jewish rhetoric in public is frowned upon but that doesn't mean it isn't right underneath the surface. It comes out all the time, in the strangest ways.

As for the "minority mentality" comment, I was under the impression that Muslims look beyond national boundaries and consider Islam to be a "nation". And if that's the case, it certainly isn't a minority. There may be geographical locations where they are outnumbered, but there are also many places in which they are the vast majority.
firstly The Jewish hatred isnt that big as it used to be - you have some countries where denying the Holocaust is agianst the law. There are bit many specific anti Jewish movemnets out there anymore - if they are they are preety underground - For Islam there are many in western europe and they are very public.

The hatred of Jews hasnt been going on forever thats exaggeration - thats like saying Islamic hatred has been going on forever in europe.

Jewish hatred may come out here and there but no where near as much as Islam.

First of all muslims are all over the world but are still a minority - 1 in 4 people is a muslim what about the other 3 in 4 people - we're a minority on the broader scale.

secodanly in western europe we are a minority as well - whihc is what I'm talking about specifically and which is what you focus on when you talk about the hatred of Jews - deep rooted hatred of Jews isnt universal its european.

You seem to think that indonesian muslims, arab muslims, muslims in europe are some how in one political and geographical body? we are religiously but - political and geographically the position is very different. The muslims in europe are a minority which is where the hatred can get very dangerous for the muslim minoirty population.
Reply

Hugo
09-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Zafran
Interesting - there are many haters of Islam out there far more then any other religion.
It is easily the most talked about religion - good or bad.
peace
Can you define what it means to recognise someone as a hater of Islam? Would it mean they don't believe it, would it mean they actively question it, would it mean they have no regard for the Qu'ran or the prophet of Islam, would it mean they speak out against it as an ideology - what?
Reply

aadil77
09-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Zafran

First of all muslims are all over the world but are still a minority - 1 in 5 people is a muslim what about the other 4 in five people - we're a minority there.
I'm pretty sure its 1 in 4

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/world/74...orld-is-muslim
Reply

Zafran
09-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hugo
Can you define what it means to recognise someone as a hater of Islam? Would it mean they don't believe it, would it mean they actively question it, would it mean they have no regard for the Qu'ran or the prophet of Islam, would it mean they speak out against it as an ideology - what?
Your a hater - Actively misrepresenting Islam, It seems its the whole point you seem to be here with your wikipedia knowledge. Your post about the "so called religion of peace" is a cliche that haters use. your hypocrite as well - you dont apply the same moral standards to your own views that you apply against the people that disagree with you. You want to critic but havent the courage to recieve it. Seems like your a prime example of a hater. You maybe lost on an Islamicboard.
Reply

Zafran
09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77
Salaam

right I'll edit my post

peace
Reply

Muezzin
09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Good news, though I'm not very comfortable with the words 'Islam' and 'exploding' appearing in the same sentence.
Reply

Hugo
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Zafran
Your a hater - Actively misrepresenting Islam, It seems its the whole point you seem to be here with your wikipedia knowledge. Your post about the "so called religion of peace" is a cliche that haters use. your hypocrite as well - you dont apply the same moral standards to your own views that you apply against the people that disagree with you. You want to critic but havent the courage to recieve it. Seems like your a prime example of a hater. You maybe lost on an Islamicboard.
Perhaps you are right as I have never claimed perfection and what you say may only be the half of it but Jesus came to call sinners not those who already think themselves righteous. But if we look at what you wrote then you set criteria: motive, misrepresenting, level of knowledge, no moral standards, responding to questions and criticism and these must apply to everyone they cannot just apply to me.

So if readers of this post have the time do an honest search of my posts and see if any or all of this is true and I'll accept your judgement. But in fairness do the same for Zafan; an honest examination of his rhetoric, look at his level of knowledge, see how often he actually quotes and cites a reliable source and then come to your own conclusions.
Reply

جوري
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hugo
Can you define what it means to recognise someone as a hater of Islam? Would it mean they don't believe it, would it mean they actively question it, would it mean they have no regard for the Qu'ran or the prophet of Islam, would it mean they speak out against it as an ideology - what?
Someone like you would be a poster boy!

all the best
Reply

Zafran
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hugo
Perhaps you are right as I have never claimed perfection and what you say may only be the half of it but Jesus came to call sinners not those who already think themselves righteous. But if we look at what you wrote then you set criteria: motive, misrepresenting, level of knowledge, no moral standards, responding to questions and criticism and these must apply to everyone they cannot just apply to me.

So if readers of this post have the time do an honest search of my posts and see if any or all of this is true and I'll accept your judgement. But in fairness do the same for Zafan; an honest examination of his rhetoric, look at his level of knowledge, see how often he actually quotes and cites a reliable source and then come to your own conclusions.
This is part of the problem - as a muslim on an Islamic board I dont come here to take wikipedia knowledge from you or your bogus sources. The vast majority fo people on this board dont. Sourcing from wikipedia does not make you on a higher moral ground or level of knowledge. Instead it makes you look desperate. Furthermore even calling for people on an Islamic board to analyze your posts is even more crazy. As your on an Islamic board people dont come here for "Hugos post and what wikipedia has to say, But rather they come here to talk to muslims and to actaully see how they view there own religion. As I said before you seem to be lost on an Islamicboard.
Reply

Good brother
12-20-2012, 11:41 PM
There nothing superior to Islam :)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!