/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learning Arabic - You Can Do It - Trust Me

seekingilm1
09-19-2010, 05:08 AM
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu.

When i started learning the arabic alphabet letters I said to myself it must be extremely difficult to learn. The shapes memorising which letter is called what. So i would learn with small hope thinking to myself it must be almost impossible for me to learn, I would have thoughts inside me will I ever be able to read and learn?

Moving on I once sat down and said to myself its about time I went to the next step. (Next step once you know which letters are called what)

So i started learning the the vowels and other bits and bobs. And guess what I did it all by myself without a teacher. And its really fun and not difficult trust me. You need to put your mind to it and you can do it inshaAllah.

Madinah Arabic This site is really good for learning arabic, best site I have come across so far for people who want to learn arabic.

As salamu alaikum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
09-26-2010, 05:51 AM
:sl: Thank you for encouraging others to learn. I agree we can teach ourselves a lot if have the right tools. But when it comes to reciting al Quran, we have to be absolutely certain we aren't making mistakes, and the only way to find out is to get a teacher to test you. I did this and was surprised at how many mistakes I had.

Ramadhan
09-26-2010, 07:04 AM
:sl:

Thank you for sharing with us your very inspiring story.

I learnt how to read the qur'an when I was a child but was never good at it and I never did a "khatam", and I totally lost the ability throughout the many years when I was "lost".

Early last year I was determined to learn to read qur'an from scratch (meaning from re-learning the letters alif ba ta ....), and first I hired a teacher to teach me the basics. And now Alhamdulillaah I am able to read and recite the qur'an properly according to tajweed and already completed a few khatams.

Learning how to read the qur'an is not difficult as long as you have strong motivation, set a goal, have somebody to teach and guide you and PRACTICE everyday. Insha Allah
remember that there is a hadith that says for us non-arabic native, we receive twice more rewards when we read the qur'an with difficulties

Ummu Sufyaan
09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
during the Gaza bombings nearly a couple of years back, there was this guest speaker of al-jazeera tv who was a Zionist/Israeli and his Arabic was near perfect.

there was another brother on tv i saw as-well who was a french convert and again his Arabic was great. the only real downside to the Arabic of both of those people was, becuase their first languages weren't Arabic, when they spoke it was almost like they were breaking/separating the words from one another. So they didn't have that consistency/flow when they spoke.

other than that, their fus7ah was great, and i have no doubt that their knowledge of grammar would far surpass alot of native Arab speakers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!