/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I building muscle?

Beardo
09-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Yesterday, I was at a theme park news reporting. I was carrying my clipboard, which had some fairly heavy material inside of it.

Walking a few miles carrying it, my left arm felt loose and it became difficult to carry it after a while.

The next day, my left arm began hurting quite a bit and I felt muscle.

Did I just pump some iron?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ghost
09-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Most likely muscle or ligament/tendon inflammation as a result of lactic acid buildup from isometric activity. Nothing to worry about.

Also no, you did not pump iron.

cat eyes
09-20-2010, 01:00 AM
this is the funniest question i ever heard

well maybe if thats the case, i guess arnold schwarzenegger did not have to go through much trouble to become mr.universe then;D

Beardo
09-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Oh. So I didn't gain any muscle? =/ Man. But I could almost swear that I felt my arms hardening. >_<

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ghost
09-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Someone who trains (lifts weights) regularly and diets well would be fortunate to gain 1lb of muscle in 3 months. It takes a long time to build muscle.

People who train for a couple of weeks and could swear that they feel bigger have not gained muscle but have simply started to optimize their current muscles abilities. Usually in the form of muscle hypertrophy or 'beginners gains'

Rest assured your clipboard related shenanigans have not turned you into the next worlds strongest man.

OurIslamic
09-20-2010, 01:27 AM
I come back and this is what I read. /facepalm :P. Haha, and nice sig.

Anyway.....
This is what I'm working on:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...Cbw&feature=iv

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YKMvbudXYk0

Tyrion
09-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Don't listen to these guys... You're definitely on your way to getting ripped.

Beardo
09-20-2010, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Don't listen to these guys... You're definitely on your way to getting ripped.
Jazakumullahu Khair. ^_^ I hope so, insha-Allah. I want my future wife to be proud that she has a strong husband. :-x And the main reason, to help others etc. It's important to be strong, IMO.

ghost
09-20-2010, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Jazakumullahu Khair. ^_^ I hope so, insha-Allah. I want my future wife to be proud that she has a strong husband. :-x And the main reason, to help others etc. It's important to be strong, IMO.
In that case bro you might need two clipboards.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
lol funny thread
I have a Q,please let me ask it

Ok

well. . . .

My Q is , what does "IMO" stand for aye?

that was my Q, thankyou for contributing . . . .

tango92
09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
in my opinion

imho is in my honest opinion

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
^Aah Okaay, Jazakallahu Khaayr . . . .

Cabdullahi
09-20-2010, 11:42 AM
when lactic acid kicks in after a days workout...it means ur muscles are becoming stronger and bigger

aadil77
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Yesterday, I was at a theme park news reporting. I was carrying my clipboard, which had some fairly heavy material inside of it.

Walking a few miles carrying it, my left arm felt loose and it became difficult to carry it after a while.

The next day, my left arm began hurting quite a bit and I felt muscle.

Did I just pump some iron?
LOL, yh your arm must hav got pumped up, but its only temporary

to actually build some muscle you have to put in that effort a hundred times more and keep it up consistently

Yanal
09-24-2010, 03:40 AM
:sl:

To be honest brother,to build muscle you have to be consistent in your workout and focused with the proper equipment and such. If start working out,you might build it but otherwise I would say no.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!