/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and black magic

h-n
09-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Just like to say that when Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him had black magic done on him that it was useful to show to people that he was not in league with the Devils, he was not into sorcery etc.

Also that when he left Mecca, he is a Prophet of Allah, he left Mecca for the sake of others to be given time to repent, for if he stayed and someone did kill him, the Allah would have punished them severely. So he did not leave Mecca to think about his own safety, but for others, for of course if someone killed him, he would be entering Heaven anyway.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by h-n
Just like to say that when Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him had black magic done on him that it was useful to show to people that he was not in league with the Devils, he was not into sorcery etc.

Also that when he left Mecca, he is a Prophet of Allah, he left Mecca for the sake of others to be given time to repent, for if he stayed and someone did kill him, the Allah would have punished them severely. So he did not leave Mecca to think about his own safety, but for others, for of course if someone killed him, he would be entering Heaven anyway.
[[From Muslim]] @Book 26, Number 5428: A'isha reported that a Jew from among the Jews of Banu Zuraiq who was called Labid b. al-A'sam cast spell upon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with the result that he (under the influence of the spell) felt that he had been doing something whereas in fact he had not been doing that. (This state of affairs lasted) until one day or during one night Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) made supplication (to dispel its effects). He again made a supplication and he again did this and said to 'A'isha: Do you know that Allah has told me what I had asked Him? There came to me two men and one amongst them sat near my head and the other one near my feet and he who sat near my head said to one who sat near my feet or one who sat near my feet said to one who sat near my head: What is the trouble with the man? He said: The spell has affected him. He said: Who has cast that? He (the other one) said: It was Labid b. A'sam (who has done it). He said: What is the thing by which he transmitted its effect? He said: By the comb and by the hair stuck to the comb and the spathe of the date- palm. He said: Where is tbap He replied: In the well of Dhi Arwan. She said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent some of the persons from among his Companions there and then said: 'A'isha. by Allah, its water was yellow like henna and its trees were like heads of the devils. She said that she asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as to why he did not burn that. He said: No, Allah has cured me and I do not like that I should induce people to commit any high- handedness in regard (to one another), but I only commanded that it should be buried.

:wa:

Insaanah
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
:sl: sister,

This is interesting information, I didn't know this. We have read in books of seerah, and also as shown in the Qur'an (.....for Allah did indeed help him when the disbelievers drove him out... 9:40) that the Hijrah was made so that they would be able to practise the deen freely and be safe, as the persecution and hostility of the disbelievers was intolerable and was having an adverse impact on the Muslims, culminating in a plot to kill the Prophet :saws:. And of course it was Allah's command to make hijrah. So they migrated to Madinah where they would be safe, and where they would be able to practise the deen freely.

Is there a hadeeth reference that states that the Hijrah was made to give the disbelievers time to repent? I know they eventually did repent, but I didn't think that was the reason for the Hijrah, but am open to learning new things.

Jazaaki Allah khayr.

Sawdah
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM

Hm, I never knew that. Can I have proofs of this? JazakiAllah Khair.

Edit: Found it, alhamdulillah. =) Link.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
purple
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM

Jazaaki Allah khayr x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!