/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gift for a 4 Year Old

Beardo
09-20-2010, 09:59 PM
I want to ship something to a friend's son, who is 4 years old. He just had surgery. But it has to be something not too large, as I have to air mail it.

What can you send?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
purple
09-20-2010, 10:01 PM
toy car wid remote control. or a colourin book. or clothes or videos of eudactional cartoon. or prayer mat. or toy actions toys.

S.Belle
09-20-2010, 11:35 PM
maybe some toy cars (like Hot Wheels) or a stuffed animal if he just had surgery a cute lil bear will give him something to hug and hold.

Yanal
09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
:sl:

I think the average male who is 4-6 years of age will definitely like cars,but just to be on the safe side; why not ask your friend what his son would enjoy?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
09-21-2010, 06:22 AM
^ Noooo, Don't do that. He may get scared! He's already had surgery. ;D Any 4 year old here? If not ask sister, they may give some good advices.

BintAbee
09-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm surely not a four year old :p but I have a four year old sister, so I suggest you send him a puzzle... just make sure it's not a 1000 piece puzzle now :p...

Tyrion
09-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Send him a few college level text books. It's never too early to get ahead in life, and seeing as he's in the hospital, he'll have plenty of free time to go over them...

Or you could just send him Legos and a couple of kids books... If you want to be lame.

abdussattar
09-22-2010, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Send him a few college level text books.
:uuh: Would he understand them...?

Yanal
09-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Warahmatulahi,

Now that I ponder on about it,books with pictures would be good,insha'Allaah.

AabiruSabeel
09-22-2010, 03:20 AM

Send him an ipad, and your used laptop. He will value it more than you, who knows.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
my brother gave my 4 year old nephew this remote control truck and he loved it. so something like that? boys generally like running a muck and being outdoors...so something to get all the energy out.

muslimahhhh
09-22-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Tonka-Mighty-T...f=cm_lmf_tit_3

Send him anyone of those from the link^^!!

Woodrow
09-22-2010, 12:21 PM
A 4 year old boy is difficult to buy for because we tend to make the gift more elaborate than what they want of need. a 4 year old is often more interested in the box a gift came in than the gift. Something small and colorful is best. A piture book, a coloring book and crayons, a small kaleidoscope is ideal and there should be no question about it being halal.

manaal
09-23-2010, 05:30 AM
My 3 1/2 yr old son loves Thomas the Tank Engine.

I recommend wooden Thomas, affordable, durable and colourful.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2266636

If you live in UK, you can get from the Early Learning Centre, as it's cheaper there than Toys R Us.

Amoeba
09-23-2010, 07:28 AM
I know it's okay for small children to have "characters" as toys, such as stuffed animals, but I'd just like to interject about it if you don't mind.

I do think it's unhealthy for small children to get too involved with these things. Like getting too many toys that represent characters and getting too drawn into that fictional world that they represent. I can only speak from personal experience but when I was four (and the years after that) I was really into that. I loved Disney movies and had lots of toy animals/dinosaurs and Jurassic Park figurines of all the Juarssic Park cast. I became absorbed into that world at the expense of the real world around me because I felt it was better and more exciting inside my imagination than out there... I really believe that messed me up and drew me into escapism. I still find myself sometimes trying to escape into my own little world, I really have to force myself not to. And I saw it in the children around me, growing up with escapism being the highlight of their life, replacing their cartoons, stuffed toys and action figures with football and pop cultures, or soap operas, or alcohol (or worse).

Even for children brought up into a muslim background this is something to be wary of - I have seen it myself, children moving away from their faith because 1) it's not enforced enough at home or it's enforced but not really understood well and 2) they've had no restrictions on their escapism (toys, video games, etc). I also think there is a correlation with that and discipline.

So, I dunno, just an idea to maybe get him something that's not so much colours and tassels and things and maybe something more wholesome. I know some might think "he's only four" but I really believe it starts young this escapism mindset. It did with me anyway, much younger than four.

~Raindrop~
09-23-2010, 08:50 AM

Ever since I discovered Learning Roots, I've been buying children's gifts from there. They have great designs, and their products are of a very high quality.

The Early Years collection: http://www.learningroots.com/lr/twig.php

Cabdullahi
09-23-2010, 09:05 AM
a small size football

Ansariyah
09-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Ben 10 colouring book, boys love ben 10...with colouring set... :)

Cabdullahi
09-23-2010, 09:41 AM
^ whats the flip is ben 10?

Tyrion
09-23-2010, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
I'm pretty sure it's a cartoon. :p

marwen
09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
didn't the the boy received his gift yet ! I saw this thread for a long time. Bro Rashad, you can just give him cash ! ;D boys know what they want these days more than me and you.

S_87
09-23-2010, 04:46 PM
a big candy something. i had surgery for my eye at 4 thats the one thing i rmemeber, a basket full of sweets:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:sta tisfie:statisfie

Yanal
09-24-2010, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

Yes like brother Tyrion said,it is indeed a cartoon(although I do not watch nor know what the actual cartoon is about,unfortunately).

muslimahhhh
09-24-2010, 03:24 AM
I wonder what Rashad bought.:hiding:

S.Belle
09-24-2010, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahhhh
I wonder what Rashad bought.:hiding:
I was wondering the same thing....did the lil boy even get his gift yet

muslimahhhh
09-30-2010, 11:13 PM
DID HE???:hmm:

RASHAD??

Life_Is_Short
10-01-2010, 02:18 AM
A lollipop? I have a four year cousin and he would take a lollipop over toys any day.

Yanal
10-01-2010, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
A lollipop? I have a four year cousin and he would take a lollipop over toys any day.

Issue is that Rashad intends to mail it,so I don't think it could work...

Life_Is_Short
10-01-2010, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Issue is that Rashad intends to mail it,so I don't think it could work...
:wa:

He can courier. :X

Lonely Gal
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
a noisey dinosaur? Transformers? Lego? a cartoon dvd?

~Raindrop~
10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
What if Rashad bought it and couldn't bear to part with it? :ermm:

He's suspiciously quiet.

Beardo
10-02-2010, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
What if Rashad bought it and couldn't bear to part with it? :ermm:

He's suspiciously quiet.
I can't say I didn't consider it but I ordered it online and had it sent as a gift directly to their house.

I'm considering buying a lego set for when guests come to our house. I feel so bad because they sit their all bored talking to me. Though, 4 year olds have interesting lives. The girls talk so much more than the boys. Boys are more into running around etc.

tango92
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I can't say I didn't consider it but I ordered it online and had it sent as a gift directly to their house.

I'm considering buying a lego set for when guests come to our house. I feel so bad because they sit their all bored talking to me. Though, 4 year olds have interesting lives. The girls talk so much more than the boys. Boys are more into running around etc.
thats some social life you got there....

Woodrow
10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Reminder to myself: Get Rashad out of the house and teach him how to ride a bronc like this,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!