/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need a reply to this

Insecured soul
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
One of my colleugue circulated this stupid email across the entire office.

I would like to reply back, do u have any jpg's, or gifs, or anything written in a rhytmic style which talks abouts the oprression of muslim all over the world and the american support behind it, jazakallah n here is the email title " Attacked by two arabs"

Jassem, an Arab child, entered his classroom on the first day of school in Ohio.

"What is your name?" asked the teacher.

"Jassem".... answered the kid.

"You are in America now. From now on your name will be Johnny," replied the teacher.

In the evening, Jassem returned home. "How was your day, Jassem?" asked his mother.

"My name is not Jassem. I'm in America and now my name is Johnny."

"Ah, are you ashamed of your name, are you trying to dishonor your parents, your heritage? Shame on you!" and she beat him.

Then she called his father and he too beat him.

The next day Jassem returned to school..

When the teacher saw him with all the bruises she asked, "What happened to you little Johnny"?

"Well ma'am, 4 hours after I becoming an American, I was attacked by two Arabs at home."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
09-21-2010, 04:42 PM
I think it's meant to be a joke, and if you work for a large company then a very improper joke. Possibly worth reporting if it bugs you. Not worth trying to insult them back.

Muslim Woman
09-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Salaam

lol this joke is not giving a positive image of Americans either , right ?

hmmm still if need a counter joke ....

A man is taking a walk in Central park in New York. Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog. He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl’s life.

A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says: “You are a hero,” tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: “Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl.” The man says: “But I am not a New Yorker!” “Oh, then it will say in newspapers in the morning: Brave American saves life of little girl” – the policeman answers.

“But I am not an American!” – says the man. “Oh, what are you then?” The man says: “I am a Saudi!” Then next day the newspapers say: “Islamic extremist kills innocent American dog.”

http://www.funnyjokessms.com/muslim-...ournalism.html

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-21-2010, 05:38 PM
^SubhaanAllaah at the last one, that makes me angry :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimahhhh
09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I find it funny & as Sis 'Muslim Woman' said ''it doesnt give a positive image about americans either''

GreyKode
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul

I would like to reply back, do u have any jpg's, or gifs, or anything written in a rhytmic style which talks abouts the oprression of muslim all over the world and the american support behind it, jazakallah n here is the email title " Attacked by two arabs"

Jassem, an Arab child, entered his classroom on the first day of school in Ohio.

"You are in America now. From now on your name will be Johnny," replied the teacher.

In the evening, Jassem returned home. "How was your day, Jassem?" asked his mother.

"Ah, are you ashamed of your name, are you trying to dishonor your parents, your heritage? Shame on you!" and she beat him.

When the teacher saw him with all the bruises she asked, "What happened to you little Johnny"?

"Well ma'am, 4 hours after I becoming an American, I was attacked by two Arabs at home."
+o( I can't find anything funny in this joke.

Insecured soul
09-21-2010, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
I can't find anything funny in this joke.
Me too

jazak allah sister muslim woman i i sent that as an email :)

I dont know i just wanted to do something about it somehow and defend a positive image of us altogether

abdussattar
09-22-2010, 01:08 AM

^ dumbest joke ever... ^

How would a child accept all that so easily?

Yanal
09-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

I would suggest that you take this issue very delicately,if you must you could talk to the worker who originally sent the email and tell how you feel about it.See how the person reacts to that first,if the person just wanted to have fun and joke around,without trying to offend anyone that person could apologize easily without any harm,if not then remain calm,insha'Allaah Allaah will assist you and clear your path.

Insecured soul
09-22-2010, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
^ dumbest joke ever... ^

right, if it wud have been a joke
but its not a joke, its mockery towards muslims

dont u see???

Yanal
09-22-2010, 02:10 AM
right, if it wud have been a joke
but its not a joke, its mockery towards muslims

dont u see???
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi.

Best to ask your co-worker if it was or not before concluding that it was a mockery,you never know these days.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-22-2010, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

lol this joke is not giving a positive image of Americans either , right ?
I agree...

^ dumbest joke ever... ^

Americans are good at brainwashing. The CIA, FBI and all.
King Faisal of Saudi Arabia, who was a great man was assassinated was shot point-blank and killed by his half-brother's son who was brainwashed by the American secret agency CIA.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Because some are that dumb like Faisal bin Musa'id who assassinated King Faisal.

DavidK565
09-22-2010, 07:42 AM
It was meant to be a joke and really shouldn't be taken all that seriously. I found it kind of amusing... I hadn't heard it before ;D

You have to remember that humor is very important. Without something to balance out all of the serious issues in the world, things get out of hand, so it's important to be able to laugh at yourself every once in a while.

Ramadhan
09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
I've heard about the joke.
In my opinion, it does seem to make fun of arabs, but I also think that it actually shows how easily people get brainwashed in the USA and the racist attitude that is prevalent among its population, and takes a swipe at that racist attitude.
It is in similar vein of the second joke about a saudi who saved the girl's life, how public opinions (in USA) is easily formed by the media.

DavidK565
09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I've heard about the joke.
In my opinion, it does seem to make fun of arabs, but I also think that it actually shows how easily people get brainwashed in the USA and the racist attitude that is prevalent among its population, and takes a swipe at that racist attitude.
It is in similar vein of the second joke about a saudi who saved the girl's life, how public opinions (in USA) is easily formed by the media.
You miss the point completely by thinking about it too much. Its a JOKE. You laugh, and you move on. In fact, obsessing about it, and ultimately making generalities about the intelligence of Americans (and our vulnerabilities to magic brainwashing technology) show that you may not get that.

Ramadhan
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DavidK565
You miss the point completely by thinking about it too much. Its a JOKE. You laugh, and you move on. In fact, obsessing about it, and ultimately making generalities about the intelligence of Americans (and our vulnerabilities to magic brainwashing technology) show that you may not get that.
I know that it IS a JOKE (need I bolden the word?)
In fact, I (sort of) defend the joke, because it is quite incisive in reflecting american psyche.

muslimahhhh
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I think it would've been best if the teacher had gone to Jassem's (her little Johnny) home & change his parents names as well..

Yay...imagine the trashing:hiding:

Insecured soul
09-23-2010, 01:55 AM
I didnt think about it as a joke and neither i thought about it for toooo long for it to strike me its not a joke and something else
anyway it doesnt matter anymore i did what i felt was right i.e. replying back with an email

Insecured soul
09-23-2010, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahhhh
I think it would've been best if the teacher had gone to Jassem's (her little Johnny) home & change his parents names as well..

Yay...imagine the trashing
Now see this is a REAL joke :statisfie

Yanal
09-23-2010, 02:35 AM
:sl:
Has your collegue responded to your email?

If you don't mind telling; how did you reply to the email?

Insecured soul
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Has your collegue responded to your email?

If you don't mind telling; how did you reply to the email?
No she did not, i just did a reply all and copy pasted the content and sent it

Yanal
09-24-2010, 12:44 AM
No she did not, i just did a reply all and copy pasted the content and sent it

Has she talked to you regarding the issue(or talked to you at all for that case)?

Insecured soul
09-24-2010, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Has she talked to you regarding the issue(or talked to you at all for that case)?
negative

walaikum salaam

Tyrion
09-24-2010, 02:48 AM
I think you might have taken this just a tad bit too far... It was just a joke. :p

Yanal
09-24-2010, 03:57 AM
negative

walaikum salaam

Hmm,best to leave it for now then unless you get another email from your co-worker regarding these types of jokes.

manaal
09-24-2010, 10:09 PM

Yanal
09-25-2010, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid08&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 02&ampzw -

?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid09&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 03&ampzw -

?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid03&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 04&ampzw -

?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid014&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 06&ampzw -

?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid012&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 08&ampzw -

?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid07&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 09&ampzw -

?ui2&ampikdef617f09c&ampviewatt&ampth12b2b4d242b19be3&ampattid04&ampdispemb&amprealattid20f17335b681777d 010&ampzw -

I cannot view those images for some reason.

manaal
09-25-2010, 04:09 PM
^You didn't have to quote my entire post you silly goose ;D. Now all of us who can actually see the pictures have to see them twice.

Who's your trainer? :?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2010, 04:10 PM
^I cannot view them either :-\

lol@goose

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I cannot see them either. To the poster of images: Try viewing your picture's post while being logged out of gmail. That should explain something.

manaal
09-26-2010, 04:31 AM
^Yes you're right. Let me re-up them then insha Allah.

edit:
stupid picasa web albums is not loading, trying image shack.......

re-edit:
Alhamdulillah, done! Hope it's visible now!

Ramadhan
09-26-2010, 05:11 AM
Avoid using picasa or flickr to upload pictures to show on these board.
for some unknown reason, picasa and flickr do not connect well with this board.

I suggest using photobucket, which is easier and simpler to use.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-26-2010, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
^Yes you're right. Let me re-up them then insha Allah.

edit:
stupid picasa web albums is not loading, trying image shack.......

re-edit:
Alhamdulillah, done! Hope it's visible now!
Jazakallah, but the last one is still unavailable.

DavidK565
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Those are funny cartoons. I like the animation.

Insecured soul
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice one, i liked it and...............i will be sending it as a mail to everyone in my office now :)

Do u have more?

manaal
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM
They really show the injustice the world shows to the Muslims. I think I have a mail with a load of news headlines where when a crime is committed by a Muslims it says "Muslims man etc.", but if it's a non-Muslim commits a crime, there is no mention of religion. I'll try to find it and post it here Insha Allah.

But please don't go over board with the e-mailing. You might find this on your office bulletin board:

PARANOID MUSLIM HARASSES CO-WORKERS WITH REBEL PROPAGANDA

:nervous:

Insecured soul
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
:sl: guys

Alright here is the replies which i got from 2 fellow collegues, now both are idol worshippers

here is the 1st one.

We come here to work and not to forward our thoughts in regards to Geeta Or Islam ....

Let's be Insaan ...

As we all know there is only one God ... We know him by different names.

Do not forward these kind of mails ... Its of no use ....

Nobody is gonna praise you ...

Sab padenge aur bhul jayenge ...

We all are friends ... Bole toh Tention nai lene ka .. aur dene ka bhi nai ..

Enjoy :-*

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Here is the 2nd one

There was once a boy ( infant ) who came crying to his mother.
Some neighboring rich influencial playmate had been bad to him.
The dear mother consoling the child told him,
'Shyam , dear do not cry. Do you know while walking home how we try and avoid the puddles on the road. But we still end up getting dirty.
In the same way while going through your life you will encounter difficult situations.
Remember not to be affected by them adversely.
Just as we come home and washup we are supposed to remember our goodness and keep clean, our minds and thoughts."

The kid Shyam, still had doubts why should he not retaliate.
The mother pointed out " Dear Shyam, if the bad do not change their way, why should the good change their and become just like their oppressors. The good should stick to their goodness too."

So look around their are animals and plant life who have suffered at the hands of man but they have never turned against us.
We in turn have always been the aggressors suppressing the weak, dumb and down trodden.
We need to become as humble as the nature around us.
All that God has ever asked from us is to respect our gifts and not abuse our advantage.
Speech , Vision , Emotions, should not be misused to express our misplaced sense of justice.
Please live and let live.

Sam

And here is the one which i got from my LEADER : subject :- Irrelavant & Inappropriate Emails

Team,

It has been observed and came to our notice that a lot of forwarded emails not pertaining to work are circulated across the floor. Some of which have been brought to our notice and may cause issues on the floor. In past, we have taken strict actions against such activities and issued warning letters. If you are caught being a part of such activities and chain emails/replies, strict action will be taken against you as well. Please be aware and adhere to the code of conduct.

Now i replied to both of them except My team leader.

The email was reported to my Leader instantly because it was against injustice towards muslim community, now for you consideration, emails containing other religious stuff and also jokes have been circulating within our department since a very long time but the moment i sent something of islam it was reported to the leader instantly

this really shows few of my Colleague's jealousy towards muslim and islam.

DavidK565
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
:

Now i replied to both of them except My team leader.

The email was reported to my Leader instantly because it was against injustice towards muslim community, now for you consideration, emails containing other religious stuff and also jokes have been circulating within our department since a very long time but the moment i sent something of islam it was reported to the leader instantly

So you sent an email with those cartoons on them, and then receive a mass email from the leader about inappropriate emails being sent at work? Is that correct?

Dagless
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
You should have just reported the initial email if you felt offended. By sending so many back they are feeling just as you felt when the first one was sent.

Insecured soul
09-29-2010, 11:59 PM
So you sent an email with those cartoons on them
Thats right

and then receive a mass email from the leader about inappropriate emails being sent at work? Is that correct?
That is correct

Insecured soul
09-30-2010, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
You should have just reported the initial email if you felt offended. By sending so many back they are feeling just as you felt when the first one was sent.
I dont know about that

And i feel as i did something good for our community, i will post the replies i sent to those two stupid collegues

Dagless
09-30-2010, 05:36 PM
i will post the replies i sent to those two stupid collegues
You should get the thread moved to one of the private sections since this page will be indexed by google. I know it's unlikely, but if any of your workmates google your forward or what they sent (maybe just to find the source), they'll end up here and that won't look good.

Insecured soul
10-03-2010, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
You should get the thread moved to one of the private sections since this page will be indexed by google. I know it's unlikely, but if any of your workmates google your forward or what they sent (maybe just to find the source), they'll end up here and that won't look good.
That wont be necessary

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!