/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have I become impure? Paranoia please help :(

Aishath
09-23-2010, 08:32 PM
I live with a non-muslim girl and she came home really drunk one night and dropped her mobile phone into her own urine. She picked it up and was standing outside drying it with a hair dryer and tissue. Since I knew this had happened (i'm not sure if she rinsed it with water), I stayed away from her. However, she then accidentally dropped it to the ground and on instinct, I picked it up for her without realising what I was doing. As far as I can recall my hand remained dry but I got so paranoid I went into the bathroom and washed it. I didn't do a wudhu before I washed it and I also didn't wash it 7 times. Just washed it with water and soap.

After that I then realised that where I was standing had a lot of water on the floor. I instantly became paranoid that there might have been drops of urine on the floor from her phone and splashed water all over the bathroom floor and mopped it up and cleaned it. I then performed a wudhu again. Have I done enough to become pure?

I am just so scared all the time. after I perform wudhu I have to walk back to my room and my feet are sometimes wet and I then get paranoid that there might have been najasat dried on the floor and by me stepping on it with wet feet, I have become najasat. Please help because I am just so paranoid all the time and even when i pray, I have Shaytan whispering in my head that my prayers aren't valid.

Have I dont enough to become pure? :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
:sl:

Since the phone was dry when you touched it, your hand did not become impure. Even if it did get impure, then simply washing with water is enough. Wudhu is not broken by touching any impurity. You just have to wash that part for it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
I am just so scared all the time. after I perform wudhu I have to walk back to my room and my feet are sometimes wet and I then get paranoid that there might have been najasat dried on the floor and by me stepping on it with wet feet, I have become najasat.
You can try keeping a clean door mat near the bathroom door just for yourself so that you dry your feet on it when you step out after performing wudhu. You can keep it at one side and pull it only when you come out with wudhu so that no body else steps on it. Or a small piece of cloth or towel will also do.

aadil77
09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't know what kind of people you have in your company, but you need to change your company only then will it be easier for you to change yourself

if you're sharing a house - avoid sharing it with non-muslims at all costs ( no offence to non-muslims) - speaking from experiences (bad ones), our concept of hygiene and cleanliness is very different and its important for muslims to maintain this in order to live an islamic lifestyle

a non-muslim home is very likely to be najas from many areas

Yanal
09-23-2010, 10:56 PM

Like brother aadil has said,its best if you change your roommate,and get a better companion to give you more influence in an Islamic,well mannered way,which will eventually asisst you even more in getting close with Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
09-23-2010, 11:24 PM
god id never share a house with people who drink.. drunk people do stupid things when they come home late at night.

once my brother was so drunk he walked straight in the back door of a womans house and he thought it was his own house, she immediately started screaming and called the police on my brother.

the police came, and my brother was happily sitting on her sofa watching t.v while the woman was screaming hysterically.

she dropped the charges on my brother since no harm came to her. but this is the danger of alcohol.

marwen
09-23-2010, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
the police came, and my brother was happily sitting on her sofa watching t.v while the woman was screaming hysterically.
lol ! I liked that part.

May Allah guide him.

manaal
09-24-2010, 05:18 AM
In addition to what Bro AabiruSabeel said, you could also keep a pair of bedroom slipper by the bathroom door so put them on after performing wudhu.

Aishath
09-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you to everyone. Unfortunantely I am in a 12 month contract to live with these girls but I will take aboard all your advice and try to make sure I remain tahir at all times.

Yanal
09-24-2010, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
In addition to what Bro AabiruSabeel said, you could also keep a pair of bedroom slipper by the bathroom door so put them on after performing wudhu.

You should try doing that anyway so if anything by chance impure is on the washroom floor,and you do wadhu then...

Hamza Asadullah
09-26-2010, 03:50 AM
I live with a non-muslim girl and she came home really drunk one night and dropped her mobile phone into her own urine. She picked it up and was standing outside drying it with a hair dryer and tissue. Since I knew this had happened (i'm not sure if she rinsed it with water), I stayed away from her. However, she then accidentally dropped it to the ground and on instinct, I picked it up for her without realising what I was doing. As far as I can recall my hand remained dry but I got so paranoid I went into the bathroom and washed it. I didn't do a wudhu before I washed it and I also didn't wash it 7 times. Just washed it with water and soap.

After that I then realised that where I was standing had a lot of water on the floor. I instantly became paranoid that there might have been drops of urine on the floor from her phone and splashed water all over the bathroom floor and mopped it up and cleaned it. I then performed a wudhu again. Have I done enough to become pure?

I am just so scared all the time. after I perform wudhu I have to walk back to my room and my feet are sometimes wet and I then get paranoid that there might have been najasat dried on the floor and by me stepping on it with wet feet, I have become najasat. Please help because I am just so paranoid all the time and even when i pray, I have Shaytan whispering in my head that my prayers aren't valid.

Have I dont enough to become pure? :exhausted
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Sheikh Farraz Rabbani states: There is a basic principle of sacred law (qa`ida fiqhiyya) that all people prone to misgivings in their worship should keep in mind, namely that:

Certainty is not lifted by a doubt .

[Ibn Nujaym, al-Ashbah wa’l Nadha’ir, andMajallat al-Ahkam al-`Adiliyya]

This means that if one is certain about something, such as the purity of the carpet, with purity being the basic assumption for all things, then we will keep assuming it pure until certain that it has become impure. Mere possibilities and likelihoods do not change this.

The important fiqh principles related to this matter include:

1. Certainty is not lifted by doubt;

2. Certainty is only lifted by another certainty;

3. The default assumption about a matter is akin to certainty;

4. The default assumption about all matters is validity and soundness;

5. Mere doubts and suppositions are of no legal consequence.

All surfaces are considered pure (tahir) until certainly established otherwise. [ Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah; Ala' al-Din Abidin, al-Hadiyya al-`Ala'iyya ] For it to be certainly established that the surface is impure, one has to either see the filth itself or its clear traces (namely, its color, smell, or taste).

As such, the floor of even a toilet is considered pure, even if it is wet. Walking on it will not render one's feet impure--and not affect one's wudu in any way.

This returns to the following legal principles: (1) the basis of all things is purity; (2) the basis of anything is akin to operational certainty; (3) certainty is not lifted by doubt; rather, (4) certainty is only lifted by certainty; and (5) doubts and misgivings are ignored. [ibid, and Hamwi, Hashiyat al-Ashbah; and Khadimi/Birgivi, al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]

When there is "reasonable doubt," caution is recommended--if one isn't giving to excessive worrying or misgivings (in which case one ignores all doubts, until such misgivings cease in one's life).

Therefore my sister you should from now on wear slippers into the bathroom and also clean the toilet seat with a wet tissue just incase. Also you should move away from this non Muslim girl as soon as possible as she will always bring her filth into the house.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Aishath
09-26-2010, 10:32 PM
THank you very much for your answers. I actually have one more question regarding this same topic. I used the toilet the otehr day and after cleaning myself and getting up I realised there was dried najasat on the toilet seat which I had not seen before. I know it was not from me but it looked like it had been there for awhile. If I had noticed it before, I would have cleaned it obviously. I am bit worried now since I don't know for sure if it came in touch with my body but how do I make myself pure? Is it enough for me to just wwash myself with some water where it might have come into contact or should I let it be under the rule that 'Certainty is not lifted by doubt'?

Cabdullahi
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
THank you very much for your answers. I actually have one more question regarding this same topic. I used the toilet the otehr day and after cleaning myself and getting up I realised there was dried najasat on the toilet seat which I had not seen before. I know it was not from me but it looked like it had been there for awhile. If I had noticed it before, I would have cleaned it obviously. I am bit worried now since I don't know for sure if it came in touch with my body but how do I make myself pure? Is it enough for me to just wwash myself with some water where it might have come into contact or should I let it be under the rule that 'Certainty is not lifted by doubt'?
Either your friend of yours...your roommate? is super dirty or you might have OCD?

Im messing but you need to move from this place

this thread is reminiscent of what i encountered in the male toilets the almost cracking blackened dinosaur egg in the toilet bowl

Aishath
09-26-2010, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Either your friend of yours...your roommate? is super dirty or you might have OCD?
This time it actually wasn't at home so it wasn't this girls' fault or anything. It was in another house but obviosuly they are still very dirty people living there.

Would water be enough?

Hamza Asadullah
09-27-2010, 12:41 AM
This time it actually wasn't at home so it wasn't this girls' fault or anything. It was in another house but obviosuly they are still very dirty people living there.

Would water be enough?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, water is a purifier and is therefore sufficient enough to purify any impurity whether it is on the toilet seat, on the floor or on the clothes or body. It is far better for you that you keep good company of pious sisters ar at least sisters that are practising or at least trying to practise and that you keep well away from bad company because they are like poisen and you will gain no benefit but they will turn against you on the day of judgement.

Aishath
09-27-2010, 10:03 AM
What would the case be if I come across haram substances like alcohol drinks, pig meat or if a dog licks me. Insha Allah we have no dogs living here. I will try to change my company asap but in the meantime, I just want to be prepared in case I do come into contact with these haram substnces.

What would the case be if I knew for certain that someone touches alcohol with his hands and then it dries there and then that person touches me?

manaal
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Sister, had you been taught since you were child that Islam is a difficult religion to follow with tons and tons of rules and breaking the simplest of them would earn Allahs anger? Why are you so paranoid.? A drop of alcohol on your body doesn't make you impure. Make ablution everytime you pray to ensure purity.

Merely touching najasah does not invalidate your wudhu. After making wudhu if some alcohol or urine comes into contact with your skin or clothes, wash it away. You do not need make wudhu again.

Wudhu is nullified if you drink alcohol or pass urine yourself.

And before you ask, touching a boy accidently or for any non-sexual reason does not nullify wudhu either.

Aishath
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Sister, had you been taught since you were child that Islam is a difficult religion to follow with tons and tons of rules and breaking the simplest of them would earn Allahs anger? Why are you so paranoid.? A drop of alcohol on your body doesn't make you impure. Make ablution everytime you pray to ensure purity.
I know that Islam is not a difficult religion because that's what I have been told by my mother as well. I don't really know whats been happening to me lately. I Just have so many doubts about whether I'm pure and I think it is shaytan whispering in my ear making me feel like none of my prayers are going to be valid. Since I have so many doubts about my purity, I should ignore it really and I guess if it gets too much I can just do a ghusl with the intention of purifying myself from najasat and that should not leave any room for doubt at all in my head.

I do suffer from OCD actually I think or maybe it is all shaytan's doing.

Thank you anyway sister for helping

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
i coincidentally came across this fatwa yesterday and figured it was kind of relevant. do read the whole link as it raises some good points...

here is an excerpt

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: For a believer must be an enemy of the shaytaan, fighting him and resisting him, and not giving in to him. If he tells you that you did not do wudoo’ and did not pray, when you know that you did do wudoo' and pray, and you can see water on your hand and you know that you prayed, then do not pay any heed to the enemy of Allaah, and affirm to yourself that you have prayed and be certain that you have done wudoo’, and do not repeat any of that. Seek refuge with Allaah from the enemy of Allaah, the Shaytaan. Thus the believer must be strong in fighting the enemy of Allaah and resisting him so that he will not gain any power over him or harm him, because if he gains power over a person he will make him like one who is insane and will toy with him. So what the believer, man or woman, must do is beware of the enemy of Allaah, seek refuge with Allaah from his evil and his tricks, and be strong and patient in doing so, so that he will not obey him by repeating the prayer or by repeating wudoo' or by repeating the takbeer and so on.

Similarly, if he says to you: Your garment is impure, or this spot is impure, or there is some impurity in the bathroom, or there is some impurity on the ground that you walked on, or there is such and such in the place where you pray, then do not obey him in that. The enemy of Allaah is lying. Seek refuge with Allaah from his evil and pray in the place where you usually pray and on the mat on which you usually pray and on the ground that you walk on, and know that it is clean and pure, unless you see with your own eye some impurity that you stepped on when it was still wet, in which case wash your foot. And praise be to Allaah.

With regard to his whispers, do not pay any heed to the enemy of Allaah. Remember that the basic principle is that things are pure. This is the basic principle, so do not pay any heed to the enemy of Allaah unless you are certain that you have seen it with your own eyes, so that the enemy of Allaah will not gain any power over you. We ask Allaah to keep us all safe and sound. End quote.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/127362

Aishath
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Alhamdhulillah. THank you sister for that reference. It has helped me a lot . I was sitting here unsure of what I should do and if I should go and pray in case I was impure and after reading that and the other posts have decided not to let shaytaan get the best of me and got up and prayed before it became too late.

Thank you so much. May Allah bless everyone and keep guiding us on the right path

Aishath
09-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Having said that tho, can I just clarify one thing? Is there any circumstances under which one needs to purify themselves seven times with water? Im a bit confused regarding that. Thank you so much

manaal
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "The way to purify the vessel of any one of you if a dog has licked it is to wash it seven times, the first time with earth." (Reported by Muslim, no. 420).

Same goes if:
- it licks you, or your clothes etc.
- if you or something of your comes into contact with a dog's nose, as it is wet.
- If you touch a dog while it is wet as impurities are not transferred when dry. But some scholars say that merely touching a dog does not cause impurity. Only it's saliva is impure. Allahu Aalim.

ps. Sorry for being rude before.

Aishath
09-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "The way to purify the vessel of any one of you if a dog has licked it is to wash it seven times, the first time with earth." (Reported by Muslim, no. 420).

Same goes if:
- it licks you, or your clothes etc.
- if you or something of your comes into contact with a dog's nose, as it is wet.
- If you touch a dog while it is wet as impurities are not transferred when dry. But some scholars say that merely touching a dog does not cause impurity. Only it's saliva is impure. Allahu Aalim.

What should I do if a dog licked me some time ago and I can't remember the exact location of where it licked me on my leg. I was very young then - maybe 9 years old and since then have made some wajib ghusls obviously. Should I just ignore it and leave it then?

ps. Sorry for being rude before.
it's okay. I know it sounds like I am making a big deal out of nothing but I am having a very hard time ignoring all of these doubts. I am trying though

Aishath
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry a bit of my question got mixed in with your quote.

What should I do if a dog licked me some time ago and I can't remember the exact location of where it licked me on my leg. I was very young then - maybe 9 years old and since then have made some wajib ghusls obviously. Should I just ignore it and leave it then?

manaal
09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
It was long ago and would have got washed away by now, since you have bathed and made ablution many times since then.

Aishath
09-28-2010, 10:42 AM
It was long ago and would have got washed away by now, since you have bathed and made ablution many times since then.
Thank you dear sister

Aishath
10-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Just had a question and thought I'll find the old thread.

If a mattress becomes najaasat with semen on it, and then it dries there and someone else rests on that mattress after about a month or so, does that mean the other person has become impure? Does she need to wash herself before the next prayer? or is there a ghusl or anything?

Aishath
12-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Assalaamu alaykum,

This thread is really old but just had a question. Based on what brother Hamza said about water being a purifier and the response by Sister Manaal to having to wash yourself seven times if you touch a dog, I just had a question. Does this mean if someone comes across any other haram substances such as alcohol, pork or non-halal meat such as chicken, one can just wash themselves ONCE with water? Is there any specific way of doing so like having to make ablution or is simply washing your hands or clothes enough?

Thank you/

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Assalaamu alaykum,

This thread is really old but just had a question. Based on what brother Hamza said about water being a purifier and the response by Sister Manaal to having to wash yourself seven times if you touch a dog, I just had a question. Does this mean if someone comes across any other haram substances such as alcohol, pork or non-halal meat such as chicken, one can just wash themselves ONCE with water? Is there any specific way of doing so like having to make ablution or is simply washing your hands or clothes enough?

Thank you/
Asalaamu Alaikum, if a dog licked any part of your clothing then giving it a wash in the washing machine is sufficient enough to make it clean and that is the same with any other impurity as long as there is no visible impurity left to be seen.

A pig is Najsul-Ayn (completely impure). It is not permissible to use any product of a pig as well as any product manufactured from it. However, if it is dry, for example, a ball, shoes, etc. then touching it does not make one impure. There is no need to wash the hand or make Wudhu.

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=8245&act=view

Aishath
12-27-2010, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
A pig is Najsul-Ayn (completely impure). It is not permissible to use any product of a pig as well as any product manufactured from it. However, if it is dry, for example, a ball, shoes, etc. then touching it does not make one impure. There is no need to wash the hand or make Wudhu.
Oh the reason I ask is in the cases of coming across the meat. Insha Allah, I will be moving soon as the academic year ends in a few more months and I have my own plates and things for cooking. However, if someone has used something for cooking pork and you accidentally touch it (or touch it to throw it out or move it away), is cleaning yourself once okay?

Thank you

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2010, 02:49 AM
Oh the reason I ask is in the cases of coming across the meat. Insha Allah, I will be moving soon as the academic year ends in a few more months and I have my own plates and things for cooking. However, if someone has used something for cooking pork and you accidentally touch it (or touch it to throw it out or move it away), is cleaning yourself once okay?

Thank you
Asalaamu Alaikum, if it left no visible dirt on your clothing then there is no need to wash your clothing but if there was visible dirt left then just wash it until the visible dirt has gone. If you have washed it enough and a stain is left then it will still be considered as pure. The same applies with cutlery.

Aishath
12-27-2010, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
if there was visible dirt left then just wash it until the visible dirt has gone
Thank you brother. I am assuming this goes for anything that comes in contact with your skin as well?

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Thank you brother. I am assuming this goes for anything that comes in contact with your skin as well?
Asalaamu Alaikum, Yes sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!