/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Punishments making me go away from islam??????????????

anonymous
09-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters :shade:

I hope you are all in the best of health and imaan inshallah. I have got mashallah quite a bit of knowledge about quran and hadiths, know a surah yasin by heart, know the meaning in english, know the rewards and punishments of doing certain deeds in islam – I have thought and thought about why I feel like I am going away from islam – it’s because i loathe the idea of so much punishment to a person :raging:

I don’t understand how god can be so cruel to something that he has created, why he wont feel anything when giving punishment t us – he has created the shaytaan to mislead us and then on top of that given us free will – so if we do go astray and the path of the shaytaan seems more appealing and less stressful and less work then what can we do about that? Allah has created desire in us to do everything that seems attractive to us – it’s a natural reflex that we will go for the easy option :heated:

When my imaan was high and I used to miss a prayer, I used to feel so bad and repent straightaway, and now I deliberately watch the prayer time go by and in my heart I don’t feel any regret at all but in my mind I know that what I’m doing (or not doing in this case) is wrong. I know mentally that islam is perfect – but my heart does not feel the love it did once for Islam :exhausted

Also I used to wear hijaab since I was a little but now I feel like leaving my hair open because girls look prettier like that :statisfie

Please advise of what I can do :omg:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2010, 09:57 AM
I don’t understand how god can be so cruel to something that he has created, why he wont feel anything when giving punishment t us
because he has warned us and not left and room or reason for us to disbelieve. are you going to feel bad for suing someone who hasn't bothered reading the terms and conditions of your contract but insists that you provided dodgy service...

sorry, but is this thread a joke? i wouldn't mind replying to the rest of it, but i don't think its serious.

Alpha Dude
09-24-2010, 10:48 AM
:sl: Allah's mercy precedes/comes before his wrath. So all your allegations of cruelty etc are baseless. It's just a nafsanic delusion coupled with shaytanic whispers that's making you go through this phase sister.

Anyway, Allah created us and can do whatever he pleases with us. What's our position to indicate what Allah does is correct or not? We are nothing but slaves.

Since you accept Allah exists and that hell awaits the evil doers, then you are being incredibly naive to stand before Allah as an arrogant and open enemy. Allah could smite you down right now for your insolence, yet it is his mercy that is allowing you to continue living.

Also, sister, a sincere warning: The way you have worded your post is very dangerous in terms of your iman. Please have some adab and seek refuge in Allah from the shaytan, lest you believe or say something that negates your Islam.

Alpha Dude
09-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Consider verse number 77 of Surah Ya-sin:

Does man not consider that We created him from a [mere] sperm-drop - then at once he is a clear adversary?

This is your behaviour. You forget your lowly origins yet think you can ever be in a position to stand before Allah as an enemy?

We need to know our place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
salaam sis, i hope you are posting this thread in the best of health and may Allah guide your thinking.

bad things happen to us all the time in this world sis, yet we have so much blessings from Allah swt it overshadows them. Similarly if you are a muslim and die with Imaan, Allah swt wil eventally admit you to paradise. there is a hadith about this but it is so good that if you were dipped in for just a second you would say you had never felt or known any suffering at all. if you read about jannah its clear it is so good it feels like Insaan are being given an easy time on earth.

lastly with your hijab, your hair might look good and boys might tell you it looks nice, but for how long? will it make you happier knowing you look pretty or is the love of Allah swt more powerful?

i know as a human and a muslim you prefer the love of Allah swt. So firstly let go of the wrong youve ben doing as it takes a person away from being guided. also learn a little bit about tawheed and jannah. when you know Alah it is easy to become close to him.

may Alah give you happiness in this world and the next.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2010, 11:50 AM
^I'll reply to your PM here because i think my post needs clarifying to the thread starter as well.

I dont think the questions are stupid, but the manner you have constructed them seemed like you were looking for a fight hence my "tone." it does seem like a joke and that's why i asked. it was a serious question. but in case it isn't (a joke) and i have misunderstood something, i put the "sorry," because i do sincerely apologize if they were serious questions and i went out of line unnecessarily.

anonymous
09-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Assalamalaikum

Ummu Sufyaan - this thread is not a joke! it's people's comments like these that make me doubt even more! when a person is in need of help fellow brothers and sisters stand aloof? subhanallah

Bedouin - Allah created us, agreed, he can do whatever he wants with us, agreed, but then what is the purpose of our creation? that we are mere toys that can be done with whatever the owner wants? i cant stand in front of allah as an open enemy, naudhubillah who said i'm his enemy? i just dont get why were we created then, if he will do whatever he wants with us

tango92 - i've read that hadith lots of times and about jannah as well. inshallah i will try to gain even more knowledge than i have. jazakallah khair your advice has been the most kindest int his thread

Ummu Sufyaan - i am not looking for a fight. i am looking for advice which if you dont want to giev in a kind manner then please dont say anything at all - rather than helping me you are making me doubt my religion even more

Allah hafiz

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Khair, my apologies again. i hope you find your faith again :thumbs_up.

Snowflake
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
it’s because i loathe the idea of so much punishment to a person

-

I don’t understand how god can be so cruel to something that he has created
My reaction to insults against Allah, are very intense, and I wouldn’t refrain from causing grievous bodily harm to a person uttering foul words against Him. So you need to be grateful that Allah has given us the Laws He has to protect His creation from harm by others (and themselves). For you who is calling Allah unkind, should know that it is easier for Allah to forgive you for insulting to Him than it is for me. Hence, you should fall down in sujood to thank Him for His mercy right where you are now. Don't make yourself a disbeliever by denying one of Allah beautiful names and attributes.

I doubt either, you would utter such non sense if someone who did something really evil to you, or to someone in your family, was punished by Allah? It would seem fair then wouldn't it? Allah said in the Quran that those who do good works have nothing to fear, so why are you so worried if you don't commit evil sins? As for those who do, why are you so worried about them? Didn't Allah give enough warnings? Did He not send Messenger after Messenger to give Guidance, so that man may be saved from Hell? Do you want to be like the Christians who believe that since Jesus paid for their sins, they are free to do whatever? So look around at the state of such people and see what extremes man goes to in evil and immorality when he has nothing to fear of God's punishments. You want that?

If such things come into your head, then examine your own faults and weaknesses, and ask Allah to remove them. Seek refuge in Allah from the shaytaan before you recite the Quran, so that you can understand the wisdom behind Allah's Commands, and not be misguided. Don't blame Allah and speak in disrespectful words for Him. Make repentance as Allah instructs His angels to not record the bad deed of His servant for six hours, in case he repents. His Mercy and Kindness are unlimited. May Allah increase you and keep you rightly guided. Ameen.

Woodrow
09-24-2010, 01:25 PM
:sl:

While it is necessary for us to know of the punishments that exist. Those probably should not be our main focus. Look instead at the rewards and always know that Allaah(swt) is all just and most merciful. We all need to be warned and also know of the rewards. But, we must keep things in perspective and understand that while we are on a dagerous road as we travel through this journey called life, there are plenty of road signs and guard rails to keep us safe. Obey the safety signs slow down at the caution lights, don't try to take any short cuts by jumping over the guard rails and be certain to stop at the stop lights.

Every journey is filled with perils. But we still make journeys of less importance, filled with hazards. Look the same as we travel towards Jannah and remember Allaah(swt) has promised us a clear path. All people have been given all the maps and directions they need. Don't worry about those who choose to ignore what has been given, they chose to make their own paths and will arrive at the destination they themselves picked.

Salahudeen
09-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Allah won't punish you inshallah if you make sincere repentence from the sin that you done so just make repentence. When you repent allah removes the sin and replaces it with good deeds so it's like you never sinned at all what more do you want.

The purpose of our creation is to worship Allah.

Alpha Dude
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Ummu Sufyaan - this thread is not a joke! it's people's comments like these that make me doubt even more! when a person is in need of help fellow brothers and sisters stand aloof? subhanallah
Her reaction is natural. Your original post and the tone of it was not showing proper manners. Especially your out of context and unnecessary emoticon use! They only cause doubt in people that you are not serious.

However, what is done is done, we take your word for it now. Please keep in mind that you should try to show adab/respect if you are sincere. There is no point insulting/offending people (which no doubt many muslims would feel on seeing your thread) then wondering why they won't help you.

Please don't take this as me judging/****ing you. The purpose is constructive advice and I hope InshaAllah that you take it on board.

On to your doubts though. Here, two (short) duas for doubts. Seek refuge in Allah from the shaytan and whenever the doubts cross your mind, do as directed on that page. Talk to Allah from your heart and seek his guidance.

Allah created us, agreed, he can do whatever he wants with us, agreed, but then what is the purpose of our creation? that we are mere toys that can be done with whatever the owner wants? i cant stand in front of allah as an open enemy, naudhubillah who said i'm his enemy? i just dont get why were we created then, if he will do whatever he wants with us
Sister, your behaviour says you are acting as an enemy. Please follow what I am saying with an open mind.

1. You accept Allah exists, correct?
2. You accept that Allah will either give you heaven or hell based on your actions, correct?
3. You accept that we are all slaves of Allah, correct?
4. You understand that being a slave means we have no say in anything that is demanded of us, correct?

Despite the fact that you accept and agree to the above, you feel that you can go against Allah by deliberately missing salah without remorse and you feel proud of the idea of not wearing hijaab. These two mentioned sins, loads of people already do and I would never look down on them. Your case is a little different. You are doing these sins out of arrogance. You feel Allah is being unfair so you don't want to do as he says. This is arrogance pure and simple.

Remember, iblis did not deny the existence of Allah. He behaved as he did out of arrogance. Please be careful of your approach.

There is a reason that Allah created us, even if may not fully understand. Try to keep perspective on our purpose and status here. We are miniscule and our knowledge/perception of the divine and the entire universe is extremely limited. There will be some things we simply cannot fathom and the only thing that we can do is submit.

Pay attention to the attributes of Allah. There are many that refer to the merciful and beneficial (for us humans) nature of Allah.

The fact remains, the existence of Allah has been made clear to those of sound heart and mind and they will be held accountable for their misdeeds.

cat eyes
09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
don't worry sister your imaan will increase again :) i get whispers too telling me to take hijab off but i don't listen as is already stated here seek refuge in Allah because your giving in to shayytan

we all will suffer weak imaan. i don't know what muslim has not gone through these phases including myself but as you mature and you get more knowledge you see the wisdom behind all this.

don't worry sis. Allah loves you as much as 70 mothers

Snowflake
09-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Anonymous- Ummu Sufyaan - this thread is not a joke! it's people's comments like these that make me doubt even more! when a person is in need of help fellow brothers and sisters stand aloof? Subhanallah
Why would people’s comments make you doubt Islam? Did Islam come from people or Allah? Islam belongs to Allah. So judging Islam by our personal opinions makes no sense sister. Don't complain if seeking help in this manner gets you nowhere. Complain if you address Allah with manners and then get no help.

Bedouin - Allah created us, agreed, he can do whatever he wants with us, agreed, but then what is the purpose of our creation? that we are mere toys that can be done with whatever the owner wants? i cant stand in front of allah as an open enemy, naudhubillah who said i'm his enemy? i just dont get why were we created then, if he will do whatever he wants with us
Allah, has told us He created us to worship Him. Why? We don’t question Allah’s plans or wisdom. It’s enough that Allah has promised those who do good will return to Him in Paradise. Look at the disrespect you are showing to Allah by implying that we are merely puppets for His entertainment. Na udhu billah!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you claim you are not talking as an open enemy of Allah? Why should you have to understand why Allah created you? Did you ask Allah to create you? Will knowing that make you a better muslim? Will it guarantee you a place in Paradise? So khalas! We can’t even imagine how much Allah has kept hidden from us, some for our own betterment, and some to test us. Some of which may be revealed in the Here-after, some which may not. Allah gave you a thinking brain sister. You’re capable of making choices. Then how did you come to the conclusion that Allah does whatever he wants with us? If He wants to He can, and sometimes He does – when He knows it to be better for us, and sometimes to test or punish us. But that punishment is a blessing so that some of our sins may be lightened in the Hereafter. May Allah give you the ability to comprehend.

tango92 - i've read that hadith lots of times and about jannah as well. inshallah i will try to gain even more knowledge than i have. jazakallah khair your advice has been the most kindest int his thread
This is a good example of how we are grateful to man for small kindnesses, yet we overlook the unending Kindness of the One who clothes, feed and sustains us in this world where if we'd been left to our own devices, our own kind would’ve finished us a long time ago. By all means increase your knowledge. You should. But not having knowledge is not an excuse to speak with ill manners for Allah.

Ummu Sufyaan - i am not looking for a fight. i am looking for advice which if you dont want to giev in a kind manner then please dont say anything at all - rather than helping me you are making me doubt my religion even more
Again, you're using personal opinions of others to justify your doubts against Islam. Islam isn't based on anyone's personal opinions, not even Allah's beloved prophet's (saw). It's based purely on the Divine Commandments of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala. Please reflect on this sister, and also ask yourself by which right should you expect kindness from others when you say to others the opposite about your Creator? Na udhu billah! You tell sis Ummu Sufyaan to be kind or say nothing at all. Yet she is you're equal except in piety. But you, a mere human being, the slave of Allah, made from dust, address Allah, your Creator, in a disrespectful manner, and instead of acknowledging your sin, proceed to do the same thing again in your reply to Bedouin, but still want others to be nice to you. This might be the only time someone tells you as it is. But for those of us who love Allah, don't doubt His existence or deen, don't question His will, know we are sinners yet have hope for His mercy, it's very hard to hear the words you used for Allah. If I hadn't been aware of Allah's mercy and patience for the believers, or His commandments to us to help each other, I would've hated you with a passion. So thank Allah for this deen, and ponder over how life would have been without it, how we'd have been without it, and how there'd have been more evil and mischief on earth, and hell on earth. Reflect, reflect and reflect again.

:wa:

tango92
09-24-2010, 09:04 PM
i wish people would stop giving the op such a hard time. it wasnt to long ago i was in the same situation (if not all of us at some point) :exhausted

op, it is good that you acknowledge you are doing wrong and even better youve come here to seek help. that tells alot about your character. keep hold of this morsel of guilt it will save you inshallah.
i found this little gem a while ago. Allah knows it helped me:

57:16 IS IT NOT time that the hearts of all who have attained to faith should feel humble at the remembrance of God and of all the truth that has been bestowed [on them] from on high, lest they become like those who were granted revelation aforetime, and whose hearts have hardened with the passing of time so that many of them are [now] depraved?

57:17 [But] know that God gives life to the earth after it has been lifeless! We have indeed made Our messages clear unto you, so that you might use your reason.

how beautiful a way to express his swt's mercy.

i know only this much, a state of islam is such that we submit to Allah. if you can bring your imaan right then your actions will fix themselves. you can look at the miracles of the quran, the behaviour of the early muslims. im not saying you dont know these things but its good to refresh our memories.

and lastly, take things one at a time. Allah is with the patient. by Allah when his love is in your heart you will laugh at the paths of dunya that seem appealing now. :shade:

Cabdullahi
09-24-2010, 09:27 PM
“Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest” (Surah Ra’d, 28)

Money wont make you happy...showing your hair to impress the boys wont make you happy.....looking hip wont make you happy

You need fuel that lasts for eternity, fuel that will make you happy inside and out, fuel that will give you confidence in yourself. Make Islam the fuel that drives you and dont follow trends, fashions or your whims because these will drive you to different directions of total darkness.

Snowflake
09-24-2010, 09:28 PM
i wish people would stop giving the op such a hard time. it wasnt to long ago i was in the same situation (if not all of us at some point)
My problem isn't with the sister's low imaan, or waswas. It's the way she spoke against Allah that made me angry. I'll never pamper anyone who does this, not even if it's my own son. Love is blind!

tango92
09-24-2010, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
My problem isn't with the sister's low imaan, or waswas. It's the way she spoke against Allah that made me angry. I'll never pamper anyone who does this, not even if it's my own son. Love is blind!
im greateful the op worded in the way she did, at least we know what was in her heart. i can understand your position sister, i have been there myself. having the wrong tone will simply drive a person away from islam. in this situation i believe you are blameworthy.

perhaps its better to not say anything. the messenger saws faced far worse than a young girl with questions. i dont recall him giving any1 a "piece of his mind" no matter how he or Allah were cursed.

and the op has hardly begun openly attacking Allah i think the post made it clear she was a genuine person. forget your son, if this was YOU in the op's boots. and a seemingly knowledgeable sister from a big islamic website rips you apart for speaking your mind, then who do you have left to turn to?

Alpha Dude
09-24-2010, 10:08 PM
tango, I agree wholeheartedly in being tolerant.

However, there is nothing wrong with giving constructive advice for her to take on board for next time.

When I first saw this thread, like Ummu Sufyaan, I wasn't sure whether this was serious either due to all the emoticons which made it seem quite 'unserious'. The problem was the manner in which she expressed herself, it was not appropriate nor showing the correct adab.

It's okay if she made a mistake. Everybody does. We don't need to chastise or beat her up about it but we should see it as our duty to give her advice that will benefit her. Nothing blameworthy there.

I have advised her to be careful in her tone/words next time for her own benefit and it is hoped that she will take it constructively in the spirit that it is meant inshaAllah.

Yanal
09-24-2010, 11:16 PM

Is it that you guide your friends(or other brothers) to Islam by telling them the punishment?

Snowflake
09-25-2010, 02:01 AM
=tango92;1370623]im greateful the op worded in the way she did, at least we know what was in her heart. i can understand your position sister, i have been there myself. having the wrong tone will simply drive a person away from islam. in this situation i believe you are blameworthy.
I respect your views Brother, except where you said you're grateful the sister used wording she did. Surely you're not grateful for that, are you? Just for us to know what is in her heart, doesn't mean we should accept her disrespecting Allah. I doubt either of you were more ignorant than me. I didn't even know salah was fardh. I thought the head scarf was a Pakistani thing, not Islamic, and I found it hard to comprehend why we go to hell if Allah has already written our fate. But even then I never directed the frustration of my ignorance toward Allah. I loved Allah regardless with all my ignorance. And trust me it didn't sink in until it was explained to me in the exact tone, I used with the sister. The shock of the tone made an impact on me. But you are wrong to say my tone will drive her away from Islam. It's not my tone that will bring the sister's heart in Islam, or drive her away from it. It's the condition of her own heart. Allah is the turner of hearts, and He is the One Who guides. I pray she finds acceptance of Allah's revelations and gains closeness to Him as His obedient servant, inshaAllah. Ameen.

perhaps its better to not say anything. the messenger saws faced far worse than a young girl with questions. i dont recall him giving any1 a "piece of his mind" no matter how he or Allah were cursed.
If the prophet (saw) said we can beat our children if they don’t pray at the age of ten, then the sister is not too young to be admonished for her mistake. Better she be told now while she is still on the right path.. As for saying nothing, I would rather put my head under a guillotine than stay silent when someone speaks ill of Allah in front of me.

You mention the Prophet (saw) brother. Then hear this. Abdullah ibn ‘Abbaas reported that the Prophet (saw) saw a gold ring on a man's hand. He took it off and flung it aside, saying, "Would any of you take a burning coal and hold it in his hand?..." Edited - (reported by Muslim, no. 2090

Do you think the Prophet (saw) had done that playfully or with sternness according to the seriousness of the matter? The sister admitted that she had been practicing and was high in imaan. Gentleness is for those, who lack knowledge and are ignorant. The Prophet (saw) himself had seen the reaction of the companions to those who cursed him or Allah and calmed them understandingly. And did Allah not send Jibreel to destroy the people of Taif for their hatefulness toward His beloved if he wished? If I were to be harsh in other circumstances then I am left feeling guilty about it. But not this time brother. Even you saying I am blameworthy doesn’t make me feel anything negative toward you. But I cannot help myself in how I feel when something wrong is said about Allah. I’ll never apologize for it.

and the op has hardly begun openly attacking Allah i think the post made it clear she was a genuine person. forget your son, if this was YOU in the op's boots. and a seemingly knowledgeable sister from a big islamic website rips you apart for speaking your mind, then who do you have left to turn to?
No offence but I realized when you can said that you felt grateful the sister had used the words she did, that you can’t even begin to understand how I feel on hearing people insult Allah. Nor am able to comprehend how you can hear such a thing and say you feel grateful. Don't ask me to forget my son. You should know that our children are a test too, and even he’d be out the door if he turned away from Allah after having known Him. I don't care who it is. Allah's enemy is my enemy.

Oh and please don't be fooled into thinking I am something I'm not, nor ever claimed to be. My knowledge is zilch, and my faults are too many and their burden is heavy. But if I was in the sister’s shoes, I hope I would learn from this experience, that speaking ill of Allah will invoke anger in people’s hearts. Learn how to speak of Allah with good manners and respect. That when you insult Allah, then you should expect the same. That people can be harsh but only Allah is Kind and merciful. That people can be unforgiving, but Allah is Ghafoor ur Raheem. That when there is no where left to turn, Allah is there, waiting for His slave to repent and come back to Him. I don't hate the sister. InshaAllah when she loves Allah, I will love her as much as I love my other sisters, and nothing less.

Insecured soul
09-25-2010, 02:51 AM
Allahs punishment is severe people, dont take this for granted

keep your imaan balanced with ummeed and khashya

Insecured soul
09-25-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Is it that you guide your friends(or other brothers) to Islam by telling them the punishment?
i dont get this right? is allah only a loving god like in christianity?

Abdul Wahid
09-25-2010, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters
:wa: sister

I hope you are all in the best of health and imaan inshallah. I have got mashallah quite a bit of knowledge about quran and hadiths, know a surah yasin by heart, know the meaning in english, know the rewards and punishments of doing certain deeds in islam – I have thought and thought about why I feel like I am going away from islam – it’s because i loathe the idea of so much punishment to a person
MashaALLAH you have knowledge which some of us don't have. You should be grateful to ALLAH(SWT) that He(SWT) has given you this much. People die without Imaan because they were naive and too much into this Dunya. Some know about Islam yet don't act upon it. In your heart can you honestly say that you want to die without Imaan?

Everywhere in life there is punishment - you can't get away from it. I mean we live in this world and living in the west means abiding by their laws. This may not be the perfect example but I'll say it. Would you agree with me and say that you would do your best not to break the law of the country you reside in? If you murder someone - you will get sentenced to life in prison. You can't argue with the judge. In USA there is the death penalty if convicted. We don't go round breaking the law because we know the consequences similarly as Muslims we have to abide by ALLAH(SWT) laws. Islam is a complete way of life, not just limited to Salah. If you live the life the way ALLAH(SWT) has commanded us to do shown by the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) according to Qur'an & Sunnah then you will reap the benefits in this short life and eternally hereafter. If you don't then you have yourself to blame because you will face the consequences and wrath of ALLAH(SWT). May ALLAH(SWT) make it easy for you.

Firstly sister realise that punishment is what will happen to people in return for their evil deeds. Your not evil are you? You live your life as a practicing Muslim then you have nothing to worry about. Part of being a Muslim today is to accept the fact that that none of us are perfect and we will all go through trials and tribulations. This will affect our Imaan. Not being judgemental but your probably at your weakest. Everyone goes through this. Trials are tests which are sent to us and we may be tested by good things or bad.

What comes to you of good is from Allah , but what comes to you of evil, [O man], is from yourself. And We have sent you, [O Muhammad], to the people as a messenger, and sufficient is Allah as Witness.
Surat An-Nisā' (The Women) - (4:79) - سورة النساء

And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever AllSeer of His slaves. Surat Fāţir (Orignator) - (35:45) - سورة فاطر

Look how much sins we commit day in day out yet look how merciful ALLAH(SWT) is. Time and time again we are forgiven. Sister realise this that ALLAH(SWT) doesn't need us but we need ALLAH(SWT).

I don’t understand how god can be so cruel to something that he has created, why he wont feel anything when giving punishment t us – he has created the shaytaan to mislead us and then on top of that given us free will – so if we do go astray and the path of the shaytaan seems more appealing and less stressful and less work then what can we do about that? Allah has created desire in us to do everything that seems attractive to us – it’s a natural reflex that we will go for the easy option
Really sister are you questioning ALLAH(SWT)? SubhanaALLAH. I see the punishments ALLAH(SWT) has for those who are sinful and don't repent or those that lead a life of their desires as fitting. Then again I look at the rewards and I thank ALLAH(SWT) that he has given me Imaan. The rewards are immense. Instead of thinking about punishment, think about the rewards you will reap. You know the difference between right and wrong. It's up to you to act upon what is right. Live the life ALLAH(SWT) has commanded us to and you have notthing to worry about. Don't ignore the punishments - I look at them as a good reminder of what will happen to me if I live a life of how I want and not how ALLAH(SWT) wants us to.

When my imaan was high and I used to miss a prayer, I used to feel so bad and repent straightaway, and now I deliberately watch the prayer time go by and in my heart I don’t feel any regret at all but in my mind I know that what I’m doing (or not doing in this case) is wrong. I know mentally that islam is perfect – but my heart does not feel the love it did once for Islam
NO NO NO sister. What are you doing? Don't do this! Missing prayer deliberately. Why have you lost that love? Is it because you hang around with the wrong crowd? I said before everyone goes through weakness in Imaan. Your not alone. But I find it very useful to be in the company of practcing/pious brothers who are there for you.

Also I used to wear hijaab since I was a little but now I feel like leaving my hair open because girls look prettier like that
Again NO NO NO sister. What are you doing? Seriously other sisters look prettier - well they don't. It's just in your head that they do. It's Shaytaan and he is trying his best to turn you away from Islam. Most likely waswaas. Are you going to let him succeed? Or do you want to strive to please ALLAH(SWT). Don't compare yourself to other girls because you are fulfilling a commandment of ALLAH(SWT). You will be rewarded for this, for staying strong. Do you know how much times people have told me to trim/shave or chop all my hair off. I don't let other people get to me nor do I look at other people. Don't forget your Hijaab is your identity that shows your a Muslim.

The Prophet(SAW) said: “If Allah loves a people, He tries them, and whoever has patience will have patience, and whoever is anxious will be anxious.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad).

The Prophet(SAW) also said: “The extent of the reward will be in accordance with the extent of the trial. If Allah loves a people, He tries them, and whoever is content will have contentment, and whoever is angry will have anger.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi).

No doubt that you are going through hard times but hang in there and you will be rewarded. You will soon boost your Imaan and look back and think 'What was I thinking?'

Sorry for this long post. Not sure if I have helped or not. InshaALLAH I have. May ALLAH(SWT) make it easy for you and boost your Imaan to the highest; and that you become a faithful slave of ALLAH(SWT). Also may ALLAH(SWT) guide us all to the straight path and bring us closest to him! Ameen. Lastly turn to ALLAH(SWT) for refuge. Place your trust in ALLAH(SWT) Do lots of dua as it will be more sincere and don't forget its Shaytaan with his whispers. Don't let him win. It's easy to say I know but that is why we have the Qur'an to turn to, do lots of Zikr. Most importantly sister start prayer your Salat on time and don't miss any Salat.

If you reply back and want tips on boosting your Imaan or any other help then InshaALLAH I will post some more. InshaALLAH brother Hamza sees this thread as I've seen previosuly he has a good article on boosting your Imaan. I will keep you in my duas InshaALLAH.

Woodrow
09-25-2010, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
i dont get this right? is allah only a loving god like in christianity?
I see warning of the punishments as a sign of great love.

What some Christians describe as love is a god given human attributes and made into being the servant of man. That has nothing to do with love.

anonymous
09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
tango92 + Abdul Wahid - You comments have helped me a lot, jazakallah khayr

Scents of Jannah+Bedouin - I understand what you are trying to say-inshallah i will refrain from being disrespectful to Allah again

Scents of Jannah: "Don't ask me to forget my son. You should know that our children are a test too, and even he’d be out the door if he turned away from Allah after having known Him. I don't care who it is. Allah's enemy is my enemy."
I doubt it.

jazakallah all

ways to start praying again? any tips?

Snowflake
09-28-2010, 08:35 PM
=anonymous;1371823]

Scents of Jannah+Bedouin - I understand what you are trying to say-inshallah i will refrain from being disrespectful to Allah again
Al hamdulillah! :statisfie I could hug you now! :p

Don't think about tips on how to start praying again. Just think it's your duty, and Allah is worthy of praise and worship, so we must praise and worship Him. And there is no better way to do that than salah. Remind yourself of Allah's blessings. Think of the things that we take for granted and imagine life without them. Put one arm behind your back for a while, and think how hard it would be to function with one arm only. We have so much to be grateful for the list never ends. One of our dear brothers on the forum has received news that he could go blind. SubhanAllah, may Allah grant him shifa and His mercy and blessings. We can't even begin to imagine how that must feel. We just don't know when something will be taken away from us. We cannot thank Allah enough for everything He has given us. Then my dear sis, isn't Allah worthy of all the praise, worship and gratitude we can muster. It can never be enough.

Think of Allah's might and power. Think of His creation. How He has suspended the planets in space without support. The perfect harmony within every function of every thing He has created. The earth has been around for billions of years, yet it's still moving in perfect harmony with other bodies. Imagine if a man were to drive car for so long. He'd had accidents, take wrong turns and make all sorts of mistakes. Yet Allah the Perfect and Wise made no errors in His creation. Read Allah's beautiful names and attributes. Get to know Him and His might. You will begin to see the meaning of the verse last verse in Surah Ikhlas - Wa lam yakul-la-hû kufu-wan ahad. And there is none like unto Him.

Did you see my anger? This is how we humans are. But Allah. SubhanAllah! Unlike us He is patient with the believers. Our mercy is limited. We can only be patient for so long, kind for so long to those who wrong us. Eventually pushed to the limits, each one of us will snap. No one can say they aren't like this. Only Allah has unlimited mercy and forgiveness for the believers. Knowing Allah. Knowing Who Allah is. Knowing His attributes. Knowing He is comparable to none will make you love Him ukhti. Then you will not only pray because it's your duty to, but because you love Him and nothing else will matter any more.

Allah loves His servants remembering Him, and Allah wants His servants to draw nearer to Him so that He too can love them.

"God Almighty said: If My servant loves to meet Me, I love to meet him, and if he hates to meet Me, I hate to meet him." (narrated by Bukhari)

"God loves kindness when you deal with any matter" (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

"You will not enter Paradise until you have faith and you will not have faith until you love one another. Do you want me to tell you something you can do to make you love one another? Make it a habit to greet one another with "Asalamu Alaykum" - peace upon you". (narrated by Muslim)

"Give gifts to each other, as this will make you love one another." (narrated by Muslim)

"The most loved person by God Almighty on the Day of Judgement and nearest to Him is a just ruler. And the most hated person by God Almighty on the Day of Judgement and farthest from Him is an unjust ruler." (narrated by Tirmizi)

"If a Muslim loves his Muslim brother, he should inform him." (narrated by Tirmizi)

God would say on the Day of Judgement:

"Where are those who love each other for the sake of My glory? Today I will shelter them with My shade, as there is no shade today except My shade". (narrated by Muslim)

"God Almighty said: "My servant draws near to Me with nothing more loved by Me than the acts of worship that I have enjoined upon him. My servant continues to try to draw near to Me with more devotion, until I love him. When I love him, I will be his hearing with which he hears, his sight by which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, his feet on which he walks. When he asks Me for something, I will respond and when he takes refuge in Me, I will grant it to him. I do not hesitate in doing anything I intend to do as much as I hesitate in seizing the soul of My faithful servant; he hates death and I hate hurting him. But death is a must for him"."(narrated by Bukhari)

"If God would love his servant He would call Archangel Gabriel and tell him "I love this person, therefore love him." And Gabriel would love him and call out in the heavens "God loves this person, therefore love him." And the inhabitants of the heavens would love him. Then he would be embraced by the people of this world. But if God would abhor his servant, He would call Gabriel and tell him "I abhor this person, therefore abhor him". And Gabriel would abhor him and call out in the heavens " God abhors this person, therefore abhor him." And the inhabitants of the heavens would abhor him. Then he would be abhorred by the people of this world." (narrated by Muslim)

"God Almighty said "I am as My servant expects Me to be. I am with him if he remembers Me. If he remembers Me to himself, I would remember him to Myself. And if he remembers Me in a gathering, I would remember him in a gathering, which is even better. And if My servant draws near to Me by a hand's span, I would draw near to him by an arm's length and if he draws near to Me by an arm's length, I would draw near to him by a fathom's length. And if My servant comes to me walking, I would go to him speeding." (narrated by Bukhari)

"A strong believer is better and more loved by God Almighty than a weak believer, although both bear goodness. Thus, seek eagerly what benefits you the most and seek God's help. Do not show weakness in your struggle and if something bad happens to you, do not say "if I had done so and so, then such and such would not have happened", but say "it was my destiny and God has allowed what He wished" , because the word 'if' in this context would open the door for Satan to work on you." "A man came to the Prophet (may God's peace and blessings be upon him) and asked him "O God's Messenger, tell me of something I do to win God's love and people's love". The Prophet answered "Do not love this world, God would love you and do not have a longing for whatever people have, people would love you". (narrated by Ibn-Majah)

Subhaanallaahi, walhamdu lillaahi, wa laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu, wallaahu 'Akbar.

Glory is to Allah, and praise is to Allah, and there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and Allah is the Most Great.

is dearer to me than all that the sun rises upon (i.e. the whole world).

Reference: Muslim 4/2072.

More tasbeehat here.. http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/130.html

Scents of Jannah: "Don't ask me to forget my son. You should know that our children are a test too, and even he’d be out the door if he turned away from Allah after having known Him. I don't care who it is. Allah's enemy is my enemy."
I doubt it.
Insha Allah, there'll come a stage in your life when you look at everything you have and think, 'nothing is mine, everything belongs to Allah'. When you lose something, you will feel no loss. When you gain something, you won't feel it's by your own doing. You'll know everything you achieve and are capable of is all because Allah's mercy and blessings. When a loved one dies, you'll feel comfort through acceptance of His will. Your sadness will soon fade like the night fades into day. I pray Allah grants my son martyrdom. I love him and want Paradise for Him. But more than him I love Allah and want to sacrifice what I love for His pleasure. Even myself! I often picture in my head hearing the news that my son has been martyred, and imagine what my immediate reaction would be. Truth is I don't know what my first reaction will be. But I picture myself remaining patient and strong. And if my tears come out they will be tears of happiness mingled with a few of never seeing him again in my life. But I pray I am even stronger than to feel even a bit of grief. Only Allah knows if that is possible. I pray to Allah to protect his him, and keep him rightly guided ameen. But I don't own him. Nor do I belong to him. I belong to Allah. He is my beginning and my end. That is why my sis, my love for Allah goes way, way beyond my love for my son ever can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!