/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can a Muslim perform Salat in a minute?

sabr*
09-24-2010, 10:39 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Still have no idea how Muslims I pray beside perform Sunnah or Fard Salat completing the entire Salat before I complete the first rakat? I recite moderately. Not slow and definitely not speed recitation.

Even when I am reciting the Al-Fatihah and brothers begin their prayer they are in the second or third rakat within one minute. How in the world is this done? Is the recitation just a thought and not the actual recitation?

First Rakat

Niyyat (Intentions)
"Takbirat Al Ihram"- "Allahu Akbar

Du'a (Supplication)
Subhana kAllahumma wa bi-hamdika wa tabarakas muka wata'la jadduka wala ilaha ghayruka"
"Praise and glory be to Allah. Blessed be Your Name, exalted be Your Majesty and Glory. There is no god but You."

Ta 'udhuz

"Audhu billahi min al-shayta nir-rajim
"I seek protection of Allah against the accursed Satan."

Al Fatihah Surah (One of following)
101. Al-Qari'ah
102. At-Takaathur
103. Al-Asr
104. Al-Humazah
105. Al-Feel
106. Quraish
107. Al-Maa'oon
108. Al-Kauthar
109. Al-Kaafiroon
110. An-Nasr
111. Al-Masad
112. Al-Ikhlaas
113. Al-Falaq
114. An-Naas

Now how can that all be recited in under a minute?

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 711:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle used to keep silent between the Takbir and the recitation of Qur'an and that interval of silence used to be a short one. I said to the Prophet "May my parents be sacrificed for you! What do you say in the pause between Takbir and recitation?" The Prophet said, "I say, 'Allahumma, ba'id baini wa baina khatayaya kama ba'adta baina-l-mashriqi wa-l-maghrib. Allahumma, naqqim min khatayaya kama yunaqqa-ththawbu-l-abyadu mina-ddanas. Allahumma, ighsil khatayaya bil-ma'i wa-th-thalji wal-barad (O Allah! Set me apart from my sins (faults) as the East and West are set apart from each other and clean me from sins as a white garment is cleaned of dirt (after thorough washing). O Allah! Wash off my sins with water, snow and hail.)"

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 713:

Narrated Abu Ma'mar:

We asked Khabbab whether Allah's Apostle used to recite (the Qur'an) in the Zuhr and the 'Asr prayers. He replied in the affirmative. We said, "How did you come to know about it?" He said, "By the movement of his beard."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 718:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I asked Allah's Apostle about looking hither and thither in prayer. He replied, "It is a way of stealing by which Satan takes away (a portion) from the prayer of a person."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 723:

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever does not recite Al-Fatiha in his prayer, his prayer is invalid."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 726:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abi Qatada:

My father said, "The Prophet in Zuhr prayers used to recite Al-Fatiha along with two other Suras in the first two Rakat: a long one in the first Rak'a and a shorter (Sura) in the second, and at times the verses were audible. In the 'Asr prayer the Prophet used to recite Al-Fatiha and two more Suras in the first two Rakat and used to prolong the first Rak'a. And he used to prolong the first Rak'a of the Fajr prayer and shorten the second.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...i/012.sbt.html

http://www.themodernreligion.com/pro...het_prayer.htm

If you provide a comment provide the Dalil (Evidence) as you see above to maintain the intregrity of the thread. Insha Allah
This was submitted with the best intentions and the best construction should be used.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 709:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Perform the bowing and the prostrations properly. By Allah, I see you from behind me (or from behind my back) when you bow or prostrate."

sabr*
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 766:

Narrated Al-Bara':

The bowing, the prostrations, the period of standing after bowing and the interval between the two prostrations of the Prophet used to be equal in duration .

sabr*
09-26-2010, 05:19 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 772:

Narrated Abu Wail:

Hudhaifa said, "I saw a person not performing his bowing and prostrations perfectly. When he completed the prayer, I told him that he had not prayed." I think that Hudhaifa added (i.e. said to the man), "Had you died, you would have died on a tradition other than that of the Prophet Muhammad."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sabr*
09-30-2010, 02:28 AM

Why hasn't anyone been able to answer this question?

S.Belle
09-30-2010, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Why hasn't anyone been able to answer this question?
Because Bro they are not praying one must take their time and fully commit their attention and themselves to praying to Allah
a person who is reciting in under a minute is only thinking to get the prayer over with like it is a.....burden.
It makes no sense to finish in under a minute when it only takes at least a good 5 minutes to complete each prayer that is only 25 minutes a day (and additional minutes for optional prayers)
That is sad that they can only find 5 minutes in 24 hours (if they pray in 1 min) for their Creator.....just sad

abdussattar
09-30-2010, 02:39 AM
I dont know...
I have seen many people, When I recite 2 rakaahs, with high speed (at school, because there is less time) they have already prayed 4!..

And they say I pray slow!

sabr*
09-30-2010, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Because Bro they are not praying one must take their time and fully commit their attention and themselves to praying to Allah
a person who is reciting in under a minute is only thinking to get the prayer over with like it is a.....burden.
It makes no sense to finish in under a minute when it only takes at least a good 5 minutes to complete each prayer that is only 25 minutes a day (and additional minutes for optional prayers)
That is sad that they can only find 5 minutes in 24 hours (if they pray in 1 min) for their Creator.....just sad

Ukhi Mila:

we are in agreement with your response that is why we have created this thread. Just frustrating to see this daily with Muslims born and raised in the Hejaz or Arabic as a first language and expected much more as an example. (This is definitely not an attack on Muslims who first tongue is Arabic but my personal observation of many attendees at the Masjid I normally attend or visited)

It just shows that it doesn't matter the original location but the destination.

S.Belle
09-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Walaykum Salam bro sabr*

Its mainly because people are also getting caught up in life and not thinking about the hereafter,i even know a few muslims (born and raised in Islam) who do not even pray I feel so bad for them......
At least the ones who are praying in a minute are trying or making some effort.....but we are only human and make mistakes only Allah (swt) is perfect

Cabdullahi
09-30-2010, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Walaykum Salam bro sabr*

Its mainly because people are also getting caught up in life and not thinking about the hereafter,i even know a few muslims (born and raised in Islam) who do not even pray I feel so bad for them......
At least the ones who are praying in a minute are trying or making some effort.....but we are only human and make mistakes only Allah (swt) is perfect
roger milla prays salah??!? masha'Allah!

S.Belle
09-30-2010, 11:44 PM
here is a nice video about how important it is to say our prayers perfectly as possible

sabr*
10-01-2010, 01:06 AM

Mila:

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
10-21-2010, 07:53 PM

Did the following today in a two Rakat Zuhr sunna Salat:

Niyyat:

Allahu Akbar

Du'a in Qiyam:

Subhaana ala humma wa bihamdika
wa tabaara kasmuka wa ta'aalaa jadduka
wa laa ilaaha ghairuk

Al Fatihah

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Al hamdu lillaahi rabbil 'alameen
Ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Maaliki yaumid Deen
Iyyaaka na'abudu wa iy yaaka nasta'een
Ihdinas siraatal mustaqeem
Siraatal ladheena an 'amta' alaihim
Ghairil maghduubi' alaihim waladaaleen
Aameen

Surah 94
Al-InshirĂ¡h (Expansion)

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim
Alam nashrah laka sadrka
Wa wad a'na anka wizrka
Alladhi ankada zahrka
Wa wafa'naa laka dhikrka
Fa inna ma'a al usri yusran
Inna ma'a al usri yusran
Fa idhaa faraghta fansab
Wa Ilah rabbka farghab

While bending Allahu Akbar
(While bent Subhanna rabbiyal 'Azeem (3x)

While rising Sami' allaahu liman hamidah

( Rabbanaa wa lakal hamd) (Standing straight, pause Allahu Akbar)

Sudjood:

Subhaana rabbiyal 'Alaa (3x)

(Pause Allahu Akbar

Qu'ud:

Pause Allahu Akbar

Subhaana rabbiyal 'Alaa (3x)

(Pause Allahu Akbar

Qu'ud:

pause

proceed to the second

While rising Allahu Akbar

That alone took three minutes I think a little more!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!