/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Referencing for an article.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
:sl:
what are the guidelines to adhere to when citing sources for an article. atm, i have 2 sources and im not using them consecutively. so for eg:

paragraph 1
[insert info here] (reference would be for first source)

paragraph 2
[insert info here] (reference would be for second source)

paragraph 3
[insert info here] (reference would be for first source again)

paragraph 4
[insert info here] (reference would be for second source again)

and so on.

So can you see how the sources used are being used in a consecutive order? since im just using the same 2 sources over again only not consecutively, is there some way one is meant to reference them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I think it depends on the reference method you are using, at my uni we use Harvard referencing and we're required to put a source after each paragraph not at the bottom of the page :(

Anyway what I do is just put them at the end of each paragraph along with the page number, then at the end of the assignment in the references/bibliogrophay section I put the name of the book/date last accessed/time.

أحمد
09-25-2010, 05:16 PM

Harvard is the engineering department's favourite, while humanities and languages may prefer TCMOS, ASA, APA or Vancouver. If this is for academic writing; you need to check with your tutor.

:wa:

Salahudeen
09-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Akhi Ahmed you wanna check the english in my assignments ;D :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
09-26-2010, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

Harvard is the engineering department's favourite, while humanities and languages may prefer TCMOS, ASA, APA or Vancouver. If this is for academic writing; you need to check with your tutor.

:wa:
And also MLA, Chicago, and AMA.

I agree that I would check with your professor on which style s/he wishes you to use.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!