/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you save a post that you like?

Salahudeen
09-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I've read many posts on LI that I'd like to save in some online feature, is there a way to do this? I don't want to bookmark the whole thread, just that 1 particular post so I can come bak and read it again without going through the whole thread.

Is there some sort of feature that allows us to save specific posts? I give the posts that I want to come back to reps but eventually they disappear :(

Is it possible to implement such a feature? so that when you click on a post you have the option to store it in user cp as one of your favourite posts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
09-25-2010, 02:59 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I've read many posts on LI that I'd like to save in some online feature, is there a way to do this? I don't want to bookmark the whole thread, just that 1 particular post so I can come bak and read it again without going through the whole thread.
Look at your post above. Above your username it says how long ago you posted the post. Follow that bar across to the right. You will see it says: #1

Click on that #1. In your browser address bar, you will now have the URL for that particular post, rather than the whole thread. Now you can save it to favourites or bookmark it.

I don't think there's a feature to save our favourite posts in our user CP. Perhaps one of the mods/admins can help with that.

Ramadhan
09-25-2010, 02:59 PM
This is a really great idea!
There were many brilliant gems of posts in the past that I also wanted to save but now have buried among a million other posts.
So can we actually save a post?

Ramadhan
09-25-2010, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
I don't think there's a feature to save our favourite posts in our user CP
I think this facility if available would be absolutely helpful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I think this facility if available would be absolutely helpful.
Me too, cos it's really anoying searching through whole threads just to find 1 post that really inspired you :( or clicking on some 1s name and looking at every post they made just to find a specific post of theirs.

cat eyes
09-25-2010, 03:13 PM
aaah thats easy just go to uncle woodrows profile and click on ''find all posts'' and their you have it

all the posts you ever favored :p

:D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-25-2010, 04:17 PM
^yeah Masha`Allaah il try that : D

Ohh what i wud do is usually do what brother Squiggly said , repping em :p, but somtimes theyre deleted in reps (if ya kno what a mean :-\)

Or i would copy paste it and save it lol :-\ i know geeky right :-\

peace

أحمد
09-25-2010, 04:42 PM

If you don't mind printing to a portable document format; its a simple way to keep a record of your favourite posts. If you use Firefox; you may like the Web2PDF addon. Simply select the thread or post (as instructed by Insaanah), and let the addon do the rest.

:wa:

Yanal
09-25-2010, 05:44 PM

I don't think theres such a feature(yet..) but best to follow the tips given on here or just have screenshot of it,insha'Allaah.

Alpha Dude
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I tend to copy/paste the text into notepad and save the file.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!