/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal meat

ayman001abir
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Salam to all
I am living in The Netherlands. One of my friends here, she is Sudanese, told me that we can eat the meat from chicken which is not slaughtered in our way because chicken falls under the category of birds. And for eating bird meat, if we just say Bismillah then it will be ok to eat the meat even if it's not slaughtered. I never heard of this before. So, I would like to make sure if she's right.

So if anyone knows about it, please let me know.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
09-27-2010, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayman001abir
Salam to all
I am living in The Netherlands. One of my friends here, she is Sudanese, told me that we can eat the meat from chicken which is not slaughtered in our way because chicken falls under the category of birds. And for eating bird meat, if we just say Bismillah then it will be ok to eat the meat even if it's not slaughtered. I never heard of this before. So, I would like to make sure if she's right.

So if anyone knows about it, please let me know.

Thanks
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this is clearly very incorrect and the sister should really learn correct knowedge of Islam. Any animal whether it is a cow, lamb, sheep, chicken HAS to be slaughtered in the correct manner in accordance with Islamic slaughter criterea.

This means that the animal MUST be slaughtered with a sharp knife cutting the jugular vein whilst reciting the name of Allah. The animal must also be alive before slaughter and must NOT be stunned as not only is it cruel but it also does not conform to the correct way of slaughtering an animal in accordance with the Islamic slaughter criterea:

•the animal must be healthy and permissible to eat
•a sane and competent Muslim must perform the act
•a very sharp knife must be used, to facilitate rapid and painless cutting
•the slaughter should not take place within view of other animals
•the animal being slaughtered should not see the knife
•the Muslim performing the cut (zabih or dhabih) must invoke Allah by saying, “In the name of Allah” and “Allah is the Greatest” at the time of the slaughter
•the cut should not be so deep as to sever the spinal cord or head

Therefore you must ONLY eat of that animal which has been slaughtered in the correct manner in accrodance with Islamic slaughter criterea (zabiha) and any animal which has not been slaughtered Islamically is haraam for us as Muslims to eat. I hope you have clarification on this matter. Please inform the sister of this clarification.

You should really get in touch with your local Masjid and get advice on these matters off of a reliable and experienced scholar. They will also advise you as to where you can buy halal meat from.

If you have any questions at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Ramadhan
09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Therefore you must ONLY eat of that animal which has been slaughtered in the correct manner in accrodance with Islamic slaughter criterea (zabiha) and any animal which has not been slaughtered Islamically is haraam for us as Muslims to eat.

Except for fish (and seafood in general).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!