/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Practical Driving test! : D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

My dear brothers and sistahs in Islaam and my brothers and sistahs in humanity

I wanted to ask if you could keep your geeky sistah in your awesome and precious Duaas/prayers, i have a driving test soon (well kinda), and InshaAllaah by the will of Allaah i will do my best in it!

Anyone a good driver, and tips plsssss : D on how not to fail : D?

The only problem i keep getting is on the Roundabouts which is super geeky SubhaanAllaah, tho im getting better ofcourse since ive been taking my lessons for almost yearssssss/decades now (getting all wrinkly now:-\)!!!!!

Anyways, so anyone passed on their first test eh?

Also my purpous of passing the test is for a beneficial reason inshaAllaah altho i wont mention, coz i dont want to sound all geeky!

Insha`Allaah i will do good and Jazakallahu Khaayr
If i have said anything that sounds silly or bad forgive me!

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
09-28-2010, 04:16 PM
You have a driving test....its impossible you're too young?

i havent done this test but all i can say is insha'Allah you'll do well

tango92
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
my best piece of advice is the most important thing to remember is not to fail.

Cabdullahi
09-28-2010, 04:36 PM
I just thought about this....

you can get a tranquilizer to shoot the examiner without him/her knowing and then you just drive around whilst they're asleep and just before they're about to wake up grab the results card and give yourself ticks and then wake them up and say 'what happened just before you were going to sign my results card you blacked out...are you ok?" let them sign it and job done!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
:sl:
May Allah help you pass the test.

(Keep your eyes on the road and don't talk on the phone. )

aadil77
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
just don't try too slow, make sure you use bus lanes at the right times, don't park too far from the kerb in manouveres - I failed on all these things LOL, so avoid them and you'll be alright

oh yh do loads of dua nd pray some nafil raka'ts

just noticed this:

Also my purpous of passing the test is for a beneficial reason
you have nothin to worry about if your niyyah is for the sake of Allah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
You have a driving test....its impossible you're too young?

i havent done this test but all i can say is insha'Allah you'll do well
Yeah i have a driving test, Im not too young i feel im too old, the age for driving is at 17 i remember in the Uk (Altho they may increase it Allahu Alam), so i started when i was 17 and still having lessons you people will be suprised hw long its been, i think :-\

Jazakallahu Khaayr InshaAllaah i will do.

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
my best piece of advice is the most important thing to remember is not to fail.
Thats a hard piece of advice for myself brother, it may work for you!

I just thought about this....

you can get a tranquilizer to shoot the examiner without him/her knowing and then you just drive around whilst they're asleep and just before they're about to wake up grab the results card and give yourself ticks and then wake them up and say 'what happened just before you were going to sign my results card you blacked out...are you ok?" let them sign it and job done!
LOL, akhee you geek, i wouldnt do that, im not that evil, but now that you speak of that tick checklist thing, i will feel paranoid when taking the test, thinking whenever the examiner writes something im going to fail or ive failed :-\, but many people told me whenever they think theyve failed during the test, theyve really passed :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway
May Allah help you pass the test.

(Keep your eyes on the road and don't talk on the phone. )
lol Jazakallahu Khaayr sis, i will try my best : D And Ameen to the Dua

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
just don't try too slow, make sure you use bus lanes at the right times, don't park too far from the kerb in manouveres - I failed on all these things LOL, so avoid them and you'll be alright

oh yh do loads of dua nd pray some nafil raka'ts

just noticed this:

you have nothin to worry about if your niyyah is for the sake of Allah
My problem is im tooo fasttttt, but inshaAllaah i can slow that down.May Allaah make it easy for those who struggle Ameen

And Jazakallahu Khaayr and my Mother told me also if your Niyyah is to please Allaah for a good reason then Allaah helps you!

Jazakallahu Khaayr i appreciate all your advices , May Allaah grant the Ummaah with happiness in this life and the hereafter Ameen

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

S.Belle
09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
wow 17 in america you get a learner's permit at 15 and your driver's license at 16.

They should so change the law to 17 because I personally was not ready to drive at 15....heck im still not lol
best of luck with your test though :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-28-2010, 05:58 PM
^Are you from the US aye?

In the US as far as i rememeber driving starts at 15-16 as you mentioned.

-Fallen Angel-
09-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Salaam

Good luck, just pretend there isn't an examiner with you but a regular person giving directions or whatever. Sadly i failed twice, first time the guy failed me for "looking at the clutch", when my foot slipped and got stuck under it (it was raining that day), and second time i failed because there was an accident on the A40 and massive ques, and apparently i should not have taken the middle lane (even though it was the only option, left was closed, did he want me to pull up behind the barries with the police asking why i stopped? :/)... Both stupid excuses but oh well. Inshallah i'll pass next time :exhausted

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Wa`Alaaykum Salaam^ lol Jazakallahu Khaayr Akhee

May Allaah grant you an awesome pass in your next test Ameen

Also another reminder is too wear "proper" shoes, comfortable and safe for your driving kinda shoes, as its much safe driving :-\

S.Belle
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
^Are you from the US aye?

In the US as far as i rememeber driving starts at 15-16 as you mentioned.
yea im from the US
yea you are right but when u turn 15 you take drivers education then u go to the dmv and take an exam (written) and then they give you your learner's permit
and then when that expires (in a year) you go back to the dmv and take another exam(written and driving) and then you get your license.

Cabdullahi
09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
yea im from the US
yea you are right but when u turn 15 you take drivers education then u go to the dmv and take an exam (written) and then they give you your learner's permit
and then when that expires (in a year) you go back to the dmv and take another exam(written and driving) and then you get your license.
roger milla when did you move to the US??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Milla

Muhammad
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
May Allaah (swt) make it easy for you and help you to pass first time, Aameen.

Just relax and be confident. Remember to say the du'a before driving.

Güven
09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Just watch the road and don't get distracted. Watch your mirrors every 5 seconds, drive safe but not too slow Make a nice conversation with your examiner. Make lots of Dua's. Eat a banana before you go, it will calm you down and insha'Allah you'll pass.

(Don't worry im experienced with this test, I passed it on the fourth time :X)

Cabdullahi
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Just watch the road and don't get distracted. Watch your mirrors every 5 seconds, drive safe but not too slow Make a nice conversation with your examiner. Make lots of Dua's. Eat a banana before you go, it will calm you down and insha'Allah you'll pass.
Why exactly a banana?!? why not a water melon ?

Yanal
09-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Why exactly a banana?!? why not a water melon ?
Maybe a water melon will be to heavy for the stomach and while driving you might develop cramps:hiding:(which I'm not exactly sure that could occur)...

As for the thread,insha'Allaah you will pass with flying colors,may Allaah be with you.

Soon it'll be me creating a thread of this type...:hiding:

S.Belle
09-29-2010, 01:57 AM
roger milla when did you move to the US??
rofl why do u keep callin me him its Mila not Milla hahaha
is he ur fav football player or something

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
May Allaah (swt) make it easy for you and help you to pass first time, Aameen.

Just relax and be confident. Remember to say the du'a before driving.
Ameen to the Dua and Jazakallahu Khaayr

If you dont mind inshaAllaah, could you post the Duaa?

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

(Don't worry im experienced with this test, I passed it on the fourth time :X)
Jazakallahu Khaayr i will do : D, i wudnt kno what to talk about tho :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Maybe a water melon will be to heavy for the stomach and while driving you might develop cramps:hiding:(which I'm not exactly sure that could occur)...

As for the thread,insha'Allaah you will pass with flying colors,may Allaah be with you.

Soon it'll be me creating a thread of this type...:hiding:
Jazakallahu Khaayr And Ameen to Dua

Hey for those brothers/sisters that are located in the geeky Uk, Is there anyway possible i can have a female Examiner, because i dont think i can choose :-\, Although im unsure to whether the examiner is male or female, do i just get a examiner given to me or i can choose? :-\

peace :-\

Misz_Muslimah
09-29-2010, 05:07 PM
^ :sl:
May Allah make your driving test easy for you :)

S<Chowdhury
09-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Just one simple piece of advice keep positive during the test don't think you've failed or you made too many mistakes.... even if you think you got more than 15 minors its all up to to the examiner to be honest. That was the only reason i failed my test first time round thinking i've failed during the test because i hit the kurb so i just started driving like a idiot not caring and got myself a major which if i didn't i would of passed first time :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 06:34 PM
^Jazakallahu Khaayr AKhee i will keep that advice in mind on my test day
As that is one thing i worried about during my mocks.

aadil77
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey for those brothers/sisters that are located in the geeky Uk, Is there anyway possible i can have a female Examiner, because i dont think i can choose :-\, Although im unsure to whether the examiner is male or female, do i just get a examiner given to me or i can choose? :-\

peace :-\
maybe, try ringing up the test centre to see if they can arrange that, if not then see if you can get someone to come along with you and sit in the back

-Fallen Angel-
09-29-2010, 07:55 PM
maybe, try ringing up the test centre to see if they can arrange that, if not then see if you can get someone to come along with you and sit in the back
Wouldn't that just be worse?.. I mean having somebody watch you while you do it.. it's just uncomfortable i think, and i think the only person who can come with is your instructor. Wish i could select the examiner... because one of my brothers friends is one, but both times i had some racist white guys who failed me for the stupidest reasons and had a bad attitude, not friendly at all :/

aadil77
09-29-2010, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Fallen Angel-
Wouldn't that just be worse?.. I mean having somebody watch you while you do it.. it's just uncomfortable i think, and i think the only person who can come with is your instructor. Wish i could select the examiner... because one of my brothers friends is one, but both times i had some racist white guys who failed me for the stupidest reasons and had a bad attitude, not friendly at all :/
Bro what were the reasons, you do know that you can appeal against them if you think they were wrong?

Yh it can be worse havin someone sittin in the back, but if you don't want to sit next to a non-mahram alone then it may be your only choice

جوري
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
remember to look at the signs, go to the area you are meant to be tested in advance and familiarize yourself with it.......

-Fallen Angel-
09-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Bro what were the reasons, you do know that you can appeal against them if you think they were wrong?

Yh it can be worse havin someone sittin in the back, but if you don't want to sit next to a non-mahram alone then it may be your only choice
The first time i was failed for "looking at the clutch" when my foot got stuck and i took a quick glance to pull it out, and the second time i was failed for going in the middle lane on the motorway and staying there "too long"... but the left lane was closed oh well no point crying over spilt milk :/
I've booked my test.. yet again, but this time at a test centre closer to where i live so inshallah i won't get some strict examiners like the other place, and pass.

Snowflake
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
^good tip! (edit: @sis Lily)

The main thing is to appear confident and in control of the vehicle and aware of hazards/pedestrians etc. Believe it or not that is the main thing they look for. I'm a good driver al hamdulillah and drove way before I took a test, but even so I was nervous in my test and stalled a couple of times, touched the kerb turning left, nearly went left when asked to turn right, but I still passed. How? despite the minor errors, I was confident, and every time I slipped up, I just laughed and 'oops, silly me' and carried on. It showed the examiner that I'm not getting flustered and therefore I'm not going to get nervous and run someone over.

One more thing.. when reverse parking or doing a corner reverse, if your car goes where you don't want it to, reposition it and do it again. That is allowed. People often wrongly assume you have to do it in one go. You don't. Take as long as you like. You have to show you can do it. Not how fast you do it. :)

May Allah grant you success! Ameen :statisfie

Alpha Dude
09-29-2010, 08:42 PM
If you a bus stops to pick up passengers, don't wait for it to get back on the road, overtake it instead (if allowed by the road).

distressed
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Sis-good luck with the test. I did it loads b4 i passed mainly down to failing for stupid things. the examiners like to see you checkin your mirrors, like all the time. Also keep an eye on your speed, esp if your prob is your too fast. Not sure whether you can choose your examiner, but i dont see a reason why you couldnt as long as your instructor doesnt know the examiner personally then its ok. Wens the test ? ring them up and find out. also dont get 2 chatty with the examiner cos sum dont like that, and think its a way of getting a pass.

distressed
09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
The first time i was failed for "looking at the clutch" when my foot got stuck and i took a quick glance to pull it out, and the second time i was failed for going in the middle lane on the motorway and staying there "too long"... but the left lane was closed oh well no point crying over spilt milk :/
I've booked my test.. yet again, but this time at a test centre closer to where i live so inshallah i won't get some strict examiners like the other place, and pass.
You shud have queried this at the time....you mite not have failed ? depends on where you do your test, some centres are more stricter than others, I eventually had to change mine 2 one further afield.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Oh Jazakallahu Khaayr, if i cannot then i may have to just do it, if i have my instructor or someone it doesnt make me feel comfortable, hmm this is hard,, anyways please every one make dua its a female examiner InshaAllaah

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
remember to look at the signs, go to the area you are meant to be tested in advance and familiarize yourself with it.......
Jazakallahu Khaayr i think im gonna do that : D
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
^good tip!

The main thing is to appear confident and in control of the vehicle and aware of hazards/pedestrians etc. Believe it or not that is the main thing they look for. I'm a good driver al hamdulillah and drove way before I took a test, but even so I was nervous in my test and stalled a couple of times, touched the kerb turning left, nearly went left when asked to turn right, but I still passed. How? despite the minor errors, I was confident, and every time I slipped up, I just laughed and 'oops, silly me' and carried on. It showed the examiner that I'm not getting flustered and therefore I'm not going to get nervous and run someone over.

One more thing.. when reverse parking or doing a corner reverse, if your car goes where you don't want it to, reposition it and do it again. That is allowed. People often wrongly assume you have to do it in one go. You don't. Take as long as you like. You have to show you can do it. Not how fast you do it. :)

May Allah grant you success! Ameen :statisfie
Ameen And sis you helped me increase my confidence, so far ive only been getting 1 major and thats geeekyyyyyyyy :-\, this is the onli problem, i need to get rid of that majooorrrrrrrr, Jazakallahu Khaayr for your advice sis i appreciate a lot!

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
If you a bus stops to pick up passengers, don't wait for it to get back on the road, overtake it instead (if allowed by the road).
But some buses drop passengers off quick, and they shoot off, i think its all depending on the situation , but Jazakallahu Khaayr

format_quote Originally Posted by distressed
Sis-good luck with the test. I did it loads b4 i passed mainly down to failing for stupid things. the examiners like to see you checkin your mirrors, like all the time. Also keep an eye on your speed, esp if your prob is your too fast. Not sure whether you can choose your examiner, but i dont see a reason why you couldnt as long as your instructor doesnt know the examiner personally then its ok. Wens the test ? ring them up and find out. also dont get 2 chatty with the examiner cos sum dont like that, and think its a way of getting a pass.
lol since its my first time i feeel scared now :-\,well lets just say i have enough time to practice, however, ive had a lot of time anyway, some of my problems i had were speeding lol, and not observing properly at roundabouts but theyve changed : D, Alhamdulilaah

so inshallah i won't get some strict examiners like the other place, and pass.
May Allaah grant you a pass this time and remember not to make the same mistakes you did last time, the thing is if you look down at your clutch when driving thats quite dangerous because in that second you may knock someone over or something, well thats the reason i think they failed you, do they not tell you after, the reasons on what you should try not to do next time and why?

Jazakallahu Khaayr for your advice, May Allaah reward you all Ameen

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

distressed
09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

lol since its my first time i feeel scared now :-\,well lets just say i have enough time to practice, however, ive had a lot of time anyway, some of my problems i had were speeding lol, and not observing properly at roundabouts but theyve changed : D, Alhamdulilaah
Im sure you'll be fine, just remember your observations and be confident. Also think ahead, and also about the other idiots on the roads, they could cost you that fail. Most of the times i failed were cos i kept getting the same instructor, who was incredibly rude, and i let him put me off-stupid really. + there was only an 8% pass rate at the centre i did it, even my instructor said that was ridiculous. I eventually did it somewhere new, with a chief examiner and only got 4 minors, so it wasnt really me it was the fact the centre had stupid standards.

fingers crossed you do it.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-30-2010, 03:21 PM
^Jazakallahu Khaayr

Hopefully my examiner is normal : D and isnt soo strict Insha`Allaah

-Fallen Angel-
09-30-2010, 03:23 PM
^Jazakallahu Khaayr

Hopefully my examiner is normal : D and isnt soo strict Insha`Allaah
Totally i think the worst is the examiners rather than the test well i'm kinda speaking from "experiance" :p
Is your test anytime soon? I hear they are gonna make it harder and that there won't be any routes set anymore, so the examiner will tell you where you're going and that's it :O

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
^Well i still have time for it, A LOT, and yeah theyve added ten minutes individual driving thing where they give you directions and you have to remember them and then do them yourself i got told its because when you pass your going to be driving on your own and stuff (which im afraid of:-\), and to prevent accidents from taking place or something :-\

Im so bad at explaining boring stuff inshaAllaah someone can describe in more detail :-\

-Fallen Angel-
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Well i still have time for it, A LOT, and yeah theyve added ten minutes individual driving thing where they give you directions and you have to remember them and then do them yourself i got told its because when you pass your going to be driving on your own and stuff (which im afraid of:-\), and to prevent accidents from taking place or something :-\
I guess they've never heard of sat-nav

Im so bad at explaining boring stuff inshaAllaah someone can describe in more detail :-\
Too geeky for you, eh? :p

I'm gonna hate retaking my test for a third time, but inshallah i'll pass :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
That word belongs to me :-\

And May Allaah grant you a pass in your third driving test Ameen

Lonely Gal
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
try to have general chit chat with the examiner, i feel it relaxes you and makes u feel more comfortable..well it did for me. my first test the examiner did not say a word and i was nervous and failed! 2nd time examiner was chatty and i felt more at ease.. thankfully passed too

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-30-2010, 08:54 PM
^ lol that may be hard if the person is all strict and geeky :-\

LOL imagine if i burst out laffin for absolutely no reason, Now that would be funny, that may be an easy way to start a convo, they`ll just ask what im laffin at and ill just continue i think :-\

Jazakallahu khaayr sis And Alhamdulilaah you passed : D

Muhammad
09-30-2010, 10:01 PM

(i) Invocation for traveling

Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Subhaanal-lathee sakhkhara lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaa lahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa safaranaa haathaa watwi 'annaa bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli, Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabatil-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You . O Allah , lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us . O Allah, You are our Companion on the road and the One in Whose care we leave our family . O Allah , I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.

(ii) (Upon returning recite the same again adding: )

'Aa'iboona, taa'iboona, 'aabidoona, Lirabbinaa haamidoon.

We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our Lord.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/096.html

Also see:

Invocation for riding in a vehicle or on an animal

أحمد
09-30-2010, 10:57 PM

Salaam

Good luck, just pretend there isn't an examiner with you but a regular person giving directions or whatever. Sadly i failed twice, first time the guy failed me for "looking at the clutch", when my foot slipped and got stuck under it (it was raining that day), and second time i failed because there was an accident on the A40 and massive ques, and apparently i should not have taken the middle lane (even though it was the only option, left was closed, did he want me to pull up behind the barries with the police asking why i stopped? :/)... Both stupid excuses but oh well. Inshallah i'll pass next time :exhausted
In your first test, the examiner had a perfectly valid reason to mark a serious/dangerous fault; any examiner would fail you for looking at the foot controls while driving. Your second test isn't so clear, but I would imagine if there's an accident on a carriageway; the examiner would expect you either drive past via the most distant lane from the lane/point of the accident, wait well back, or take an alternative route if possible. Driving too close to a scene of an accident may become dangerous in certain circumstances.

You'll pass next time :inshallah Try to keep calm and drive safely in your test. By no means does this mean, drive dangerously once you got your license.

:wa:

PS: Examiners also make mistakes, but discussing that here may not be in the best interest of a learner driver.

*charisma*
09-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I failed twice, third time's a charm..BUT LEMME TELLLL YOU, the first time I was so incredibly nervous I did the easiest things wrong and the hardest things (such as parking, Y-turns, etc) right. I even drove on the wrong side of the road and he yelled at me, "What side of the road are you supposed to be driving on?" "Right?" "THEN WHY ARE YOU DRIVING ON THE LEFT?!?!" . That's not all...he had a nasty booger on his nose, it was quite distracting and it's like he turned from Dr.Jekyll to an unsanitary nasty looking Mr. Hyde once I started driving. So lesson 1: Don't be nervous and pay attention. Second time around I wasn't too nervous and I did everything correctly except I made an illegal turn. lesson 2: Be familiar with the roads and turns. The final time (a week later) I was more relaxed and I chatted up a conversation with him and we talked about how in the UK they give their licenses out when they're older..and he mentioned something about how in Germany they come all the way to the US to get their license or something...so I acted like I was interested as we were walking back cuz you know you gotta suck up like that when you've already failed twice and you're tired of being driven everywhere haha.

Inshallah allah grants you success though and hopefully you're a better driver than I am and the majority of women..

fi aman allah
w'salaam

أحمد
10-01-2010, 12:02 AM

Do NOT do any of the following:

- Drive very fast to impress (scare) the examiner.
- Drive extra slow; holding back traffic.
- Take medication which may make you feel drowsy.
- Use the clutch before the foot-brake when slowing down or coming to a stop.
- Do harsh braking and accelerating.
- Tailgate.
- "Run a red light".
- Ignore road works signs.
- Ignore warnings of hazards, people crossing or lanes merging.
- Steer one-handed.
- Drive at high speeds over speed bumps.
- Flash headlights to give way.
- Signal other road users to perform an action.
- Use the handbrake to slow down or stop the vehicle.
- Flash hazard warning lights to say thanks.
- Drive in the lane of on-coming traffic.
- Look at your feet, foot-controls, handbrake, ancillary controls, etc.
- Smoke or offer the examiner a cigarette.
- Coast.
- Go to sleep while driving, leaving the vehicle control to the examiner.
- Approach a give-way at high speed, without slowing down.
- Take priority over vehicles from the right on a roundabout.
- Hit the occasional pedestrian that appears in your way.
- Play your favourite game on your mobile phone to keep you well distracted, so that you don't get nervous.
- Tranquillise the examiner.

The point is simple, drive safely. If you pass; good, keep driving safely. If not; try again, take a few months break before rebooking your retake.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-01-2010, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu alaikum

I failed twice, third time's a charm..BUT LEMME TELLLL YOU, the first time I was so incredibly nervous I did the easiest things wrong and the hardest things (such as parking, Y-turns, etc) right. I even drove on the wrong side of the road and he yelled at me, "What side of the road are you supposed to be driving on?" "Right?" "THEN WHY ARE YOU DRIVING ON THE LEFT?!?!" . That's not all...he had a nasty booger on his nose, it was quite distracting and it's like he turned from Dr.Jekyll to an unsanitary nasty looking Mr. Hyde once I started driving. So lesson 1: Don't be nervous and pay attention. Second time around I wasn't too nervous and I did everything correctly except I made an illegal turn. lesson 2: Be familiar with the roads and turns. The final time (a week later) I was more relaxed and I chatted up a conversation with him and we talked about how in the UK they give their licenses out when they're older..and he mentioned something about how in Germany they come all the way to the US to get their license or something...so I acted like I was interested as we were walking back cuz you know you gotta suck up like that when you've already failed twice and you're tired of being driven everywhere haha.

Inshallah allah grants you success though and hopefully you're a better driver than I am and the majority of women..

fi aman allah
w'salaam
lol sis you geek Masha`Allaah and Jazakallahu Khaayr for the advice, And Ameen to the Dua, May Allaah make it easy for everyone who struggles Ameen

lol at your story you made me laff InshaAllaah ill try make it! : D
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

Do NOT do any of the following:

- Drive very fast to impress (scare) the examiner.
- Drive extra slow; holding back traffic.
- Take medication which may make you feel drowsy.
- Use the clutch before the foot-brake when slowing down or coming to a stop.
- Do harsh braking and accelerating.
- Tailgate.
- "Run a red light".
- Ignore road works signs.
- Ignore warnings of hazards, people crossing or lanes merging.
- Steer one-handed.
- Drive at high speeds over speed bumps.
- Flash headlights to give way.
- Signal other road users to perform an action.
- Use the handbrake to slow down or stop the vehicle.
- Flash hazard warning lights to say thanks.
- Drive in the lane of on-coming traffic.
- Look at your feet, foot-controls, handbrake, ancillary controls, etc.
- Smoke or offer the examiner a cigarette.
- Coast.
- Go to sleep while driving, leaving the vehicle control to the examiner.
- Approach a give-way at high speed, without slowing down.
- Take priority over vehicles from the right on a roundabout.
- Hit the occasional pedestrian that appears in your way.
- Play your favourite game on your mobile phone to keep you well distracted, so that you don't get nervous.
- Tranquillise the examiner.

The point is simple, drive safely. If you pass; good, keep driving safely. If not; try again, take a few months break before rebooking your retake.

lol some of them are funny , i doubt id pass a ciggarrette to the examiner LOL, or fall asleep which wud be hilarious

Although i almost hit a car, coz i was suppose to stop at the end of the junction but i didnt i almost hit this car going down , there face was funny LOL

InshaAllaah ill try stay away from most of these, the most i hate is when people are too close to me from behind its super annoyinggg
and the one at the front isnt soo far away either i guess i mus drive slow :-\

Most of them on the list are worrying me now

Jazakallahu Khaayr

peace

أحمد
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM

lol sis you geek Masha`Allaah and Jazakallahu Khaayr for the advice, And Ameen to the Dua, May Allaah make it easy for everyone who struggles Ameen

lol at your story you made me laff InshaAllaah ill try make it! : D

lol some of them are funny , i doubt id pass a ciggarrette to the examiner LOL, or fall asleep which wud be hilarious

Although i almost hit a car, coz i was suppose to stop at the end of the junction but i didnt i almost hit this car going down , there face was funny LOL

InshaAllaah ill try stay away from most of these, the most i hate is when people are too close to me from behind its super annoyinggg
and the one at the front isnt soo far away either i guess i mus drive slow :-\

Most of them on the list are worrying me now

Jazakallahu Khaayr

peace
Slow down a little if possible when someone is following too close; it may allow some time for them to breathe, get some oxygen to their brains, and realise how much danger they maybe causing themselves and others by following too close.

Dealing with junctions isn't too difficult; just look out for crossroads, T-junctions and other changes; always be prepared to slow down and stop. To come to a quick stop from 30mph within 100 yards; simply apply the footbrake firmly most of the way down, so that you can feel the car slowing down rapidly. As the car slows down to less than 5mph, it will feel like its about to stall; press the clutch down, use handbrake and neutral if necessary. Try not to slow down rapidly like that; only do it if extremely necessary. To slow down for a junction; look well ahead and apply the brakes early. Ease of the brakes slightly while coming to a stop, apply the handbrake and disengage gear. You do not always need to apply the handbrake or use neutral; sometimes its better to change down to first or second gear. At a stop sign ALWAYS use the handbrake.

أحمد
10-01-2010, 03:31 PM

Its better to be nervous than overconfident.

aadil77
10-02-2010, 12:57 PM
not sure about the first one - you should have appealed that

but how did you end up on the motorway? lol

-Fallen Angel-
10-02-2010, 01:12 PM
not sure about the first one - you should have appealed that

but how did you end up on the motorway? lol
He actully took me on the A40. There was an accident and left lane was closed oh well lol.

أحمد
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM

M roads are motorways, A roads are dual carriageways. If the examiner was to lead a leaner onto a motorway; that calls for trouble, although its known to have happen (very rarely).

Both mistakes as described in post#10 are clearly major mistakes; appealing would be waste of time and money.

Rules sometimes seem quite harsh, until you are on the road driving a tonne of metal; you may begin to realise the importance of harsh rules.

Imagine a 1kg hammer dropping on someone's foot at 30mph; it may break a bone. Now imagine if the hammer is 1000 times heaver; what damage is it capable of?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-12-2011, 03:35 AM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

I apologise i never made it to inform you all whether i passed or not and woah its been almost a year since i told you, now its nearly 2012..

I passed alHamdulilaah..and it was also a women instructer/examiner person so basically what i wanted.

All your share of advice helped a lot!

Jazakallaahu Khaayr all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!