/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As there are other Abrahamic religions

Darth Ultor
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I would like to know the Islamic view on the Baha'i, the Druze, the Mormons, and the Samaritans. I know the Jews and Christians are seen as people of the scriptures, but what about the others?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IAmZamzam
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
The only groups that the Koran seemed to recognize as People of the Book are Christians, Jews, and Sabeans.

Maryan0
10-11-2010, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
The only groups that the Koran seemed to recognize as People of the Book are Christians, Jews, and Sabeans.
I didn't know Sabeans were considered people of the book?
Salam

IAmZamzam
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Surah 5, verse 69 seems to lump all three together into a single group, so you can draw your own conclusions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-12-2010, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
I didn't know Sabeans were considered people of the book? Salam
Sabeans/ Mandeans stop at John the Baptist (ya7ya) and don't recognize prophets there after but they are indeed people of the book..There is still a population of them living in modern day Iraq and they still speak Aramaic!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

جوري
10-12-2010, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Baha'i, the Druze, the Mormons

heretics.. if you can't stick with the original message and feel the need to inject, subtract, embellish or re-invent, then what else would you be?

all the best

Maryan0
10-12-2010, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Sabeans/ Mandeans stop at John the Baptist (ya7ya) and don't recognize prophets there after but they are indeed people of the book..There is still a population of them living in modern day Iraq and they still speak Aramaic!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:
Interesting. Thanks for the reply sis.
Salam

Maryan0
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Surah 5, verse 69 seems to lump all three together into a single group, so you can draw your own conclusions.
Jazakhallu Khair for the reply
Salam

Darth Ultor
10-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Don't the Baha'i consider Muhammad a prophet?

جوري
10-12-2010, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
Interesting. Thanks for the reply sis.
Salam
You are most welcome..

It wouldn't matter what they consider him (PBUH)!

all the best

Ramadhan
10-12-2010, 03:54 AM

They consider him a prophet but not accepting the message he brought?

whats the use in that?

IAmZamzam
10-12-2010, 04:54 PM
They don't consider him the final prophet, and that is one of the most essential and central teachings.

titus
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
What is the definition of Christian?

If it someone that believe that Jesus was the Messiah and the Son of God then Mormons are Christian. Mormon's certainly call themselves Christian.

Darth Ultor
10-13-2010, 03:53 PM
But the Mormons believe a "prophet" named Joseph Smith found another testament of Christ.

Grace Seeker
10-15-2010, 06:42 AM
But the Mormons believe a "prophet" named Joseph Smith found another testament of Christ.
They have several other scriptures in addition to the "Book of Mormon". They also have "Doctrine and Covenants" and "The Pearl of Great Price", books which Smith claimed were revealed to him. Their most unique theological views come not out of the Book of Mormon, but these other books. And while they call themselves "Latter-Day Saints", like with JWs, they consider all other groups that came before them to be apostates. So, according to Mormons, no other group is truly Christian but them and them alone. Recently, in the hope of finding greater acceptance, I think they have begun to back off of stating that as strongly as they did as recently as 20 years ago. Mormons can change their theology whenever they wish to because they always have a prophet capable of receiving new revelations as necessary for whatever end they need served.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!