/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer = effectless?

Great sinner
10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
OKay so I kinda know a ayath which says that prayer stops from all eveil.. I've been regular in prayer, but why I am not recieveing the benefit?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amat Allah
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Asking this Q my noble brother tells us how good you are ;thinking and trying to know whats preventing you from being a better slave of Allah, May Allah lead your way to the path of The Highest level of the Paradise Ameeen

"Successful indeed are the believers. (1) Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness. (2) Surat Al Mu`minoon

it is not only the matter of being regular my respected brother... you need to offer your salat with all solemnity and full submissiveness... you need to understand and feel every single word comes out of your mouth while parying and forget about worldly things thinking of the day of judgement and ask your self: have I done enough to please my Lord?,its about being humble and stands before Allah in a full submission as His servant and slave believing that ;you are only a slave and has nothing in your hand ,standing before the Most High The Powerfull; beging His forgiveness and mercy , worshipping Him striving for His sake and devoting your self for His sake to be a winner of His pleasure and satisfaction...

The Paryer must be a comfort for the mind heart and soul and not offering it only as a duty must be done and thats it... it is the greatest bless from Allah that those who offering it not are in a big loss ...

May Allah guide us all Ameeeeen

and yes I forgot to remind you that we are all not infallible , we are not angels to not sin , we are not perfect but still we have to do our best to not displease our Creator and ask Allah for His forgiveness and guidance always and forever...

May Allah love you my respected and noble brother and fill your heart with Iman Taqwa His rememberance peace comfort and the endless happiness and satisfaction...Ameeen

abdussattar
10-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Here's a l'il story for you

Parable of the Clock

Look at any clock fixed to the wall: there are lots of small parts in it, joined to each other. When you wind it, all the parts start working and, as these parts move, the results appear on the clock face outside it which you observe. Both hands move to denote each second and each minute. The purpose of the clock is to indicate correct time. All those parts which are necessary for this purpose have been made so that each of them moves as required. Only when all the parts have been assembled correctly and the clock wound up properly will it begin fulfilling the purpose for which it is made. If you do not wind it, it will not show the time. If you wind it but not according to the prescribed method, it will stop or, even if it works, it will not give the correct time. If you remove some of the parts and then wind it, nothing will happen. If you replace some of the parts with those of a sewing machine and then wind it, it will neither indicate the time nor sew the cloth. If you keep all the parts inside the case but disconnect them, then no part will move even after winding it up. The presence of all the parts will not serve the purpose for which the clock is made because you will have disrupted their arrangement as well as their connection. In all these situations, both the existence of the clock and the act of winding it become useless, although an observe from a distance cannot say that it is not a clock or that you are not winding it. He will surely consider that it is a clock and will expect it to be useful as a clock. Similarly, when from a distance he observes you winding it, he will take it as a genuine effort on your part to do the job, hoping to notice the result which
come from winding the clock. But how can this expectation be fulfilled when what looks like a clock from a distance has in reality lost is ‘existence’?

Now,Imagine Islam like this clock.
Just as the purpose of the clock is to indicate the correct time, so the aim of Islam is that you should live in this world as the vicegerents of God, as witnesses of God unto mankind and as standard-bearers of truth. You must yourselves follow the commandments of God and bring all other people under Him:

You are indeed the best community brought forth for mankind: you enjoin the doing of right and forbid the doing of wrong, and you believe in God(Al ‘Imram 3: 110).

And thus We have made you a just community, that you might be witnesses unto mankind (al-Baqarah 2: 143).

God has promised those of you who believe and do righteous deds that He will surely make you to accede to power on earth (al-Nur 24: 55).

And fight them, until there is no rebellion [against God], and all lsubmission is to God alone (al-Anfal 8: 39).

Wholeness of Islamic Teachings

To fulfil this purpose, various parts as were required, like those of the clock, have been brought together in Islam. Beliefs and principles of morality; rules for day-to-day conduct; the rights of God, of His slaves, of one’s own self, of everything in the world which you encounter; rules for earning and spending money; laws of war and peace; principals of government and limits of obedience to it---all these are parts of Islam. As in a clock, they are linked to each other in such a way that as soon as the winding is done, every part starts moving and, with the movement of all these parts, the desired result is obtained. Rule of God’s ;aw in the world, domination of Islam, start manifesting just as, with the movement of the parts of the clock in front of you, the time appears on its face. In order to fasten together different parts of the clock, screws and small pieces of metal have been used. Similarly, to join all the parts of Islam together, there is an arrangement called the Jama ‘ah or organization. Muslims should organize themselves, and have leaders equipped with proper knowledge and endowed with taqwa; the brains should help them and the limbs should obey them, as they all strive to live under God. When all the parts have been brought together and property assembled, regular winding is necessary to set them in motion and to continue their movement: Salah which is offered five times a day provides that winding, creating the energy which sets an Islamic life in motion. Cleaning this clock is also necessary: fasting observed for thirty days a year cleanes hearts and morals. Lubrication, too, is required: Zakah is like the oil which is applied to its parts once a year. Then it is also necessary to overhaul it periodically: Hajj is that overhauling which should be performed at least once in a lifetime. And the more often it is done, the better.

Abusing the Clock
The processes of winding, cleaning, lubricating and overhauling are of use only when all the parts are present in the frame, when they are linked in the order designed by the clock-maker, and when all are so trained that immediately on winding they start moving and begin showing results. Alas, today the situation has become very different. For a start, the very Jama ‘ah, the organizational structure, which was supposed to link the parts of the clock together has ceased to exist. The result is that all the fittings have come apart, each has gone its own way. Everybody does whatever takes his fancy. There is nobody to question anything. Everyone is autonomous. If someone wants to follow the Islamic code, he can; if he does not want to, he need not. Since even this so-called freedom has not satisfied you, you have pulled out many parts of the clock and in their place put anything and everything: a spare part from a sewing machine, perhaps, or from a factory or from the engine of a car. You call yourselves Muslims, yet you render loyal service to Kufr, yet you take interest, you insure your lives, you file false law suits, your daughters, sisters and wives are forsaking Islamic manners and your children are being given secular materialistic educations. Some have become disciples of Gandhi; others are following Lenin. Which
un-Islamic gadget is there that you have not fixed into the frame of the clock of Islam? Despite this, you expect the clock to work when you wind it! And you suppose that cleaning, lubricating and overhauling it will also be of use. With a little reflection, however, you should see that in the condition to which you have reduced the clock you can wind it, lubricate it, and overhaul it, for the whole of your lives without any effect. Nothing will happen until you remove the parts brought in from other applicnaces, replace them with the original parts, and restore the original priorities. Then, and only then, will the winding and so forth produce any results.

Why Worship Rites Are Ineffective

This state of affairs is the real reason why your Salah, Sawn, Zakah and Hajj make no impact upon your lives. First, there are so few among you who perform these acts of worship. Due to the dissolution of Islamic Jama ‘ah everybody has become autonomous. Whether you fulfil your obligations or not, there is nobody to care. Nor do those who do apparently carry out their obligations do so in a proper manner. They are not constant in attending the congregational Prayer. People are selected to lead the Prayers in the mosque simply because they are fit for no other work: people who exist on the free bread doled out to mosques, who are uneducated, who lack moral caliber. How can congregations led by them turn you into the leaders of mankind? Similar is the situation regarding your Fasting, Almsgiving and Pilgrimages.
Despite all these facts, you may argue, there are nonetheless many Muslims who do discharge their religious duties conscientiously. Why does that make no difference? But, as I have said, when the parts of the clock have become unhinged and numerous foreign bodies have been inserted in it, it makes no difference if you wind it or not, clean it or not, lubricate it or not. From a distance it does look like a clock. An outside observer may say: This is Islam and you are Muslims. But what he cannot see is how badly its inside machinery has been tampered with.

Source:- Khutbaat, By Maulana Maududi

Wa ma ‘alayna illa ‘l-balagh
There is no responsibility on us except conveying the truth.

Hamza Asadullah
10-05-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Great sinner
OKay so I kinda know a ayath which says that prayer stops from all eveil.. I've been regular in prayer, but why I am not recieveing the benefit?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, inshallah this thread will help:

Why can't i concentrate on my Salaah?

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...my-salaah.html

If you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
10-06-2010, 12:23 AM
throw your lasoo around the whole deen. you must work on your iman from an intellectual and spiritual point of view. strive to make yourself actions better and to ward of evil. it is the whole islamic lifestyle that wards of evil. Surah Asr explains this quite well:

1. By Al-'Asr (the time).

2. Verily! Man is in loss,

3. Except those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'ruf)which Allah has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar)which Allah has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allah's Cause during preaching His religion of Islamic Monotheism or Jihad, etc.).

inshallah salah will constitute part of your good deeds. also we often dont properly understand ayat at the first glance, it may be a different kind of evil it is talking about. so yh there are many good tafseer available and knowledgeable people you could ask.

salaam u alaycum

Yanal
10-06-2010, 01:36 AM
:sl:

What are you not benefiting of my brother?

:wa:

Laila-
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
It may be because you are still commiting sins while still praying which is why it is not hvaing any affect, Allah (sw) only accepts a believers good deed such as prayer when he does not commit sincerely turns to his lord. Therefore when praying, dont think about anything else, forget evrything except that you're gonna communicate with your lord and try avoiding sins and try doing more good deed. Also after pray sit on ur prayer mat for about 10 minutes, close you eyes and just think about you day (switching the light off helps, as it helps you to concentrate more)think about what you did wrong and what you did right, the right things that you did thank allah for it,the wrong things that you did ask allah for forgiveness, try talking to allah (sw), it helps a lot, try talking to him as if he is you friends who is sitting next to you litsening to you, you might be able to feel his closeness, the feeling of it is great

Laila-
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm new to this forum therefore I have no idea how to edit my mistakes for the other one! sorry for my typo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!