/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help over this issue!!!

Huma*
10-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Assalamalykum.....

I am asking this on behalf of my friend...

My friends is willing to marry a person who lives in France, while she herself lives in a non eu country.

The person who is living in france doesn't hold a french nationality..he is tunisian, although he born in france but he holds a tunisian passport his family hails from Tunisia.

The situation is like this... now.. This guy was staying in france since his birth, but at the age of 11or 12 he left france. Then again at the age of 27 he entered france on student visa. For two years he was able to renew his resident card, in the third year he failed to renew his resident card.. he lodge appeal over n over maybe 3-4 times but his appeal dismissed. According to the French law he should have left france when his appeal dismissed. But this guy continue to stay in France. Now for almost 2 years he is living there wthout a resident card. Therefore his status is now illegal.

My friend wanted to travel to france on student visa to get marry with him. she wants to know, if she gets married with him in france, what would be the status of thier children.. will they get french nationality? n if their children get french nationality do they both also qualify for the same.

please post your reply, if anyone has experience this sort of thing before, or witnessed someone in thier friends or families going through this situation. or maybe some advise....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2010, 07:29 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
1. what do her family think? do they approve of this?

2. can she be absolutely certain that he isn't just using her.

Snowflake
10-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

I’m thinking if the man hasn’t got French nationality even though he was born there, then I can’t see how marrying a non EU citizen is going to make that happen. Does your friend know the reason why he doesn’t have French nationality? It also doesn’t guarantee their kids will get French nationality. After all he didn’t. I recently came to know of a couple who’d come to the UK illegally years ago, had 3-4 children and now the man has been deported back to Pakistan.

Also, Sis Ummu Sufyaan asked a very important question. Is the sister’s family involved in the marriage discussions? Having her wali involved is important as there is no marriage without a wali.

:wa:

Huma*
10-02-2010, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
wa alaykum us-Salaam
1. what do her family think? do they approve of this?

2. can she be absolutely certain that he isn't just using her.
Thanks for responding..

Yes her mother approve their marriage.

As far I have come to know ,I don't think he is using her..they r in touch with each other almost for 3 years. earlier this guy was quite sure that his appeal will be a success.. but unfortunately it wasn't. he is faithful toward her..

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Assalamu alaykum,

I’m thinking if the man hasn’t got French nationality even though he was born there, then I can’t see how marrying a non EU citizen is going to make that happen. Does your friend know the reason why he doesn’t have French nationality? It also doesn’t guarantee their kids will get French nationality. After all he didn’t. I recently came to know of a couple who’d come to the UK illegally years ago, had 3-4 children and now the man has been deported back to Pakistan.

I will put these question in front of her... n will post here back again...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
what about her father? his approval is more necessary =)

Snowflake
10-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I will put these question in front of her... n will post here back again...
inshaAllah sister

Huma*
10-11-2010, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmaturRahman
Assalamu alaykum,

Assalamalykum,

Her answer to this question is; Although this guy's parents were in france for 10-12 years but never applied for french citizenship. They hold tunisian passport during their stay in France. According to this guy, this is the reason why he didn't get french nationality even though he born in France.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
what about her father? his approval is more necessary =)
Assalamlaykum,

You are right sister father's approval is a must thing. But in this world there are all types of people, some with strange circumtances too. In my friend's case, her father never took interest in her marriage... I, canot state all the facts here.. but in short, she has taken a Fatwa from scholars, they have given such permission that, in her particular case her mother will act as her wali.

Huma*
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Assalamlaykum,

Its clear now, that he won't get french citizenship if he marry non eu. My friend wants to know, even though this guy status is illegal.. is it possible for him to get french nationality by marrying a french lady? what would be his position?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!