/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music !

Farjana
10-01-2010, 07:22 PM
How would i help a sister thats addicted to music without pestering and being irritating ? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
10-02-2010, 02:58 AM
:sl:

If that person really is in love with music then you should try to emphasize of what music stands in Islam.

The Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him said : "There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah who will seek to make lawful fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments [ma'aazif]. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say : 'Return to us tomorrow'. Then Allaah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of Resurrection."

She does not want to be on the other side of the mountain. Insha'Allaah just try to keep here away from all musical instruments,perhaps listen to a Nasheed with her and just pray for the best that she stops.May Allaah ease your path and hers.

Tyrion
10-02-2010, 05:30 AM

Whether or not music is Haram is something I'm not totally sure about, as I know there is some discussion in scholarly circles... What I do know however is that there are bigger things you should be worried about, and spending too much time on this issue might not be the best idea. If you believe it to be Haram, explain your reasoning to your friend, but my advice would be to leave it at that and focus on other things that are more important.. (Like making sure she does Salat, stays away from shamelessness, etc...)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
are you friends with her? you should first seek to befriend her if you can. this way there is no awkwardness when trying to advise her. try to figure out why she likes to listen to music and advise her from that angle. for example if she likes to listen to music becuase she is sad, then you should advise her about ways to help with her sadness, etc.

does she realize what she is doing wrong? does she care that she is sinning. both these 2 are essential for change to take place so perhaps trying to make her realize the sin itself may also help as opposed ot just telling her it isn't permissible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
10-02-2010, 10:36 AM
does she believe that not being in control is healthy?....its an addiction meaning she cannot do without music...shes made music as a means of zoning out, leaving problems for a few minutes but then when she stops listening to music she's back to grim reality....she has to find other methods that will help her deal with life and its traumas 'halal methods'!

Farjana
10-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Im going to keep trying inshallah as this is my blood sister and not my friend jazakallah for your help
may allah bless you with a wonderful life and take you to jannah
ameen :statisfie

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
The Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him said : "There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah who will seek to make lawful fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments [ma'aazif]. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say : 'Return to us tomorrow'. Then Allaah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of Resurrection."
I did not get this hadeeth. :? Can anyone explain it to me, it's interpretation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!