PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically...

Amoeba
10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
whhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
10-02-2010, 10:50 AM
A guy does not need the consent of his parents. Although it would be wise to have it.

Amoeba
10-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh, I thought both individuals needed parental consent? Just that everywhere I've read there was no differentiation made between the man and the woman where seeking parental consent was described. So, you're sure only the woman needs her parent's consent?

Alpha Dude
10-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Girl needs a wali. Guy doesn't.

At the end of the day, marriage would be valid if a guy marries without informing his parents. Although, wisdom would call for consultation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2010, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
Oh, I thought both individuals needed parental consent? Just that everywhere I've read there was no differentiation made between the man and the woman where seeking parental consent was described. So, you're sure only the woman needs her parent's consent?
yh a male doesn't need a wali (Guardian). But i do agree, it would be wise to consult them and not do anything behind their backs. it's just general consideration =)

im going to get out of this section, i cant stand it.

جوري
10-02-2010, 08:09 PM
a wali for the woman is meant to well be her wali not her decision maker, if she doesn't consent, then he wali has nothing to say on the matter, and if she does consent then well he can't deter her unless for a truly valid reason..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-02-2010, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Girl needs a wali. Guy doesn't.

At the end of the day, marriage would be valid if a guy marries without informing his parents. Although, wisdom would call for consultation.
Awesome i didnt know that, is it possible you can provide any Hadeeth or Quranic verse on that? Just curious

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!