/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cracking backs

Beardo
10-03-2010, 03:46 AM
I'm not talking about "if you step on a crack, you'll break your mothers back."

How do you crack your back? If you know what I mean... Like people crack their fingers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
10-03-2010, 03:56 AM
:sl:

Sit on a chair,turn around,placing both your hands on the chair..

Dagless
10-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Jump from the second story of any building (of course you only get to crack it one time using this approach).

PouringRain
10-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Rashad, don't make such painful topics! :nervous:

I once saw an entire thread debate on cracking backs, fingers, necks, etc. apparently those who do it regularly claim they have pain if they do not do it. Yet those who never do it (and are not able to), such as myself, have extreme pain if it does happen. *shrug* Just hearing the popping is painful to me. I could never marry a man who cracks his joints. LOL

I am a non-cracker and couldn't if I tried. Yanal's chair suggestion would not work for me. LOL I do spinal twists and things like that in Yoga all the time and have never popped my back.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
10-03-2010, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Sit on a chair,turn around,placing both your hands on the chair..
Funny. That's what Tyrion suggested. I do it on the ground, cross legged. But I need something more effective.

Tyrion
10-03-2010, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Funny. That's what Tyrion suggested. I do it on the ground, cross legged. But I need something more effective.
Next time you babysit, just make the kids jump on your back... If you survive, I'm sure you'll feel great.

Beardo
10-03-2010, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Next time you babysit, just make the kids jump on your back... If you survive, I'm sure you'll feel great.
Actually, as shocking as it may be, I'm looking for a risk-free method.

tango92
10-03-2010, 07:08 AM
loq @dagless

get a halal massage rashad. theyve got these cool massage chairs at john lewis that you can "try b4 u buy" kinda thing. youll finish up feeling a bit violated, but relaxed

Life_Is_Short
10-03-2010, 10:28 AM
How To Crack Your Back-WikiHow

FS123
10-03-2010, 06:07 PM
you can go to a chiro.

FS123
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
but make sure chiro knows what he is doing, back is your spine and cracking wrongly can cause stroke.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
May i ask as i have a Q

Ok welll

Well here goes

My Q is . . . . . .

What benefit is there in Cracking your back?

Yanal
10-03-2010, 11:30 PM

Try the chair method,insha'Allaah. Any specific reason that you are attempting this? Or just to see how it feels?

:wa:

Woodrow
10-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Actually, as shocking as it may be, I'm looking for a risk-free method.
I guess that means you wont try my suggestion of falling out of a tall tree.

~Raindrop~
10-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Is this the same thing as I've seen some people do, they 'stretch' to 'fix' their back?

Ramadhan
10-05-2010, 03:57 AM
I crack my bones, or rather, joints, all the time.
It feels real good after that, they say the "cracking sound" is produced when the gas/air between joints is released.

abdussattar
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Sit on you legs(the type you sit down during salaah). Place you hands in front of the respective legs. Bend to your right. with for some time, then Give it a Jolt... should work.. repeat the same for left.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
^uGHHHH

Why wud you even do that :-\+o(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-05-2010, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I crack my bones, or rather, joints, all the time.
It feels real good after that, they say the "cracking sound" is produced when the gas/air between joints is released.
When i was little my teacher used to tell me how cracking your bones isnt good for you, it isnt good as you grow older those bones will start to hurt real bad :-\

Maybe a doctor can answer this Q if i havent said it right InshaAllaah

Life_Is_Short
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Hmm.. so many interesting comments. Since I am learning about the spine, I have to ask my anatomy lecturer about cracking ones back. It'll be interesting to know what he thinks. =D

Cabdullahi
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
what if you tried to crack your back and you fell on the ground and became paralyzed......what would you say to the paramedics....''how did this happen?''....''i tied myself against the door and told my smaller brother to smash''

CosmicPathos
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
right now i am trying to drill spondylolysis and and spondylolysthesis of pars interarticularis into my feeble brain. Who named these things?

abdussattar
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
drill spondylolysis and and spondylolysthesis of pars interarticularis into my feeble brain.
Please use english only :embarrass

CosmicPathos
10-06-2010, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar

Please use english only :embarrass
lol.

akhi, that is going to be my language from now on ... make dua.

abdussattar
10-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Inshallah :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-06-2010, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
right now i am trying to drill spondylolysis and and spondylolysthesis of pars interarticularis into my feeble brain. Who named these things?
I sense something....;D;D;D

CosmicPathos
10-06-2010, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

I sense something....;D;D;D
astute observer. Do not those crazy names somehow show my attitude towards them? :)

S.Belle
10-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Stand straight up and raise your hands high above your head, with your hands grasping the opposite arm at the elbow. Push your chest forward and lean backward. This helps release your entire back and also helps stretch out the muscles.
Sit in a chair and keep your lower body perfectly still. Keep your feet on the ground. Twist behind yourself and try to grab hold of the chair back. Twist around the opposite way to crack the rest of your back.
Stand up and cross your arms in front of your chest as if you are giving yourself a hug. Extend each arm to the opposite shoulder. Try to move your fingers closer to the shoulder blades until you can no longer do so. You should feel the top of your back crack.
Lie on the floor so your back is flat on the ground. Move your hands to behind your head. Stretch your leg muscles out and take a deep breath in, then out. Simply releasing your breath can pop your back

How to Crack Your Back Like a Chiropractor | eHow.co.uk http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6399250_cr...#ixzz11cneUzpJ

Beardo
10-15-2010, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
May i ask as i have a Q

Ok welll

Well here goes

My Q is . . . . . .

What benefit is there in Cracking your back?
Well, you feel good. I mean, don't you get that back cracking problem? I thought everyone stretches to crack their backs.

I love Grandpa Woodrow's suggestion: Fall out of a tree. (He did mention it may be fatally painful.)

Isn't he just the sweetest grandfather you'd ever know?

Beardo
10-15-2010, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
Stand straight up and raise your hands high above your head, with your hands grasping the opposite arm at the elbow. Push your chest forward and lean backward. This helps release your entire back and also helps stretch out the muscles.
Sit in a chair and keep your lower body perfectly still. Keep your feet on the ground. Twist behind yourself and try to grab hold of the chair back. Twist around the opposite way to crack the rest of your back.
Stand up and cross your arms in front of your chest as if you are giving yourself a hug. Extend each arm to the opposite shoulder. Try to move your fingers closer to the shoulder blades until you can no longer do so. You should feel the top of your back crack.
Lie on the floor so your back is flat on the ground. Move your hands to behind your head. Stretch your leg muscles out and take a deep breath in, then out. Simply releasing your breath can pop your back

This is a VERY effective method you've just mentioned.

Another method is putting on hand under behind your back and one hand over your shoulder behind your back and trying to reach it.

It was also a method we used in high school to figure out if you were fat or not. lol

PouringRain
10-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Well, you feel good. I mean, don't you get that back cracking problem? I thought everyone stretches to crack their backs.
For some people, like me, cracking any joint does not feel good. It hurts. There is no benefit. I stretch, but it does not crack any of my joints, and I am very flexible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!