/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jews used to prostrate during prayer and still does

Ibrahim_K
10-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Asalamu aleykum

I've read a lot of jewish history due to that I was about to convert to rabbinical judaism. However I soon disdcovered that rabbinical judaism came after qaraism. Qaraism is a old branch of judaism which owes its lineage to the sadducceees. During prayer the qaraim always prostrate like we muslimon do. Even rabbinical jews prostrate in shul at one yom tov eveming at rosh hashona.

Just wanted to inform you that prostrating also is a part of judaism.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
10-04-2010, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azrael
Asalamu aleykum

I've read a lot of jewish history due to that I was about to convert to rabbinical judaism. However I soon disdcovered that rabbinical judaism came after qaraism. Qaraism is a old branch of judaism which owes its lineage to the sadducceees. During prayer the qaraim always prostrate like we muslimon do. Even rabbinical jews prostrate in shul at one yom tov eveming at rosh hashona.

:wa:

we also know that Jesus pbuh prostrated during prayer. This was even -surprise suprise- still recorded in the bible:

“Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will’” (Matthew 26:39).

This proves that only Islam is the true religion from God.

GreyKode
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Asalamu aleykum

Indeed, this is a well known fact. I was listening to a talk by Nouman Ali Khan about tafseer of surat al baqara, you can look for it on youtube, it is very beneficial. He was explaining the verses that were revealed with regards to the jews, and one verse was saying "wa irka'o ma'a el rakie'ein" meaning "and prostrate with the ones who prostrate (i.e. the followers of prophet muhammad)", this confirms the fact that jews do prostrate when praying.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Asalamu aleykum

wa alaykum us-Salaam
it would be interesting to have a brief explanation of these sects (is that what they are called?).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
10-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Yeah, we prostrate on the high holidays. In the times of the temple, on Yom Kippur, the High Priest would say the name of God in the prayer and the Jews would prostrate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!