/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How does one repent from kufr or shirk?

Aishath
10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
How does one repent from shirk or kufr? Is there a ghusl that one needs to do? I was just wondering about this because I know these are the two biggest sins.

If one gets kufr wiswas in his head but does not actually say it out loud, does that mean one has not committed kufr?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aishath
10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't know what's happening to me. I think it's shaytan's waswas thats getting to me. A lot of times when I'm doing something or watching something, I repeat the words 'there is no god but Allah' under my breath. It's not out loud so no one else can hear it but it's just silently muttering them. However, sometimes by accident I mess up the words and end up saying something like 'there is no Allah' which I obviously don't mean at all. I was so angry with myself and I kept saying I hated ibilees (shaytan) and even then, I have messed up and said I have hated our god (subhaanallah). I really don't mean it and I also don't say these things out loud, just under my breath and it just seems to happen without me realising it. Hvae i committed kufr? Please help me. I can't stop muttering words because I think I have a bad case of OCD but if someone says something completely by accident, does that mean it is a kufr?

I am trying to stop this habbit and if I do mutter anything I make sure it is the shahaadat. I'm so scared though. Is there a ghusl one needs to do to repent to Allah? Have i committed kufr? Bear in mind that I never said these words out loud, they were either thoughts or said under my breath and silently.

Snowflake
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Asslamu alaykum,

You did not mean what you said, or say it deliberately. Allah knows that ukhti. Make astaghfaar as often as you can. What you also need to do when you get waswas is to read a 'udhu billahi mina shaytaan ir rajeem 3 x and spit dryly over your left shoulder. The shaytaan hates muslims sseeking refuge in Allah from Him. This really tortures him.

Secondly, recite ayatul Kursi. It is the greatest verse of al Quran.

Ubayy bin Ka’b [RA] reported:

The Messenger of Allah [SAWS] said, “Abu Mundhir (Ubayy bin Ka’b)! Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book is the greatest?

I said, “Allah and His messenger know best.”

He [SAWS] again said, “Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book, according to you, is the greatest?”

I (Abu Mundhir) replied, “It is ‘Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum’ [2:255]“.

Thereupon he [SAWS] patted me in the chest and said, “Rejoice by your knowledge, O Abu Mundhir! (i.e, may this knowledge be a source of respect, honour and benefit to you).”

[Muslim]

The Holy Quran 2:255

اللّهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاء وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَؤُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Translation
Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Footstool extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

Recite ayatul Kursi and the Surahs morning, noon, and night inshaAllah. Make as much dhikr as possible. InshaAllah you will be safe from waswas.

Surah al Falaq

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Qul a'uudhu birabbil falaq
Min sharri ma khalaq
Wa min sharri ghaasiqin idhaa waqab
Wa min sharrin naffaathaati fil 'uqad
Wa min sharri haasidin idhaa hasad In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Merciful.

Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn From the mischief of created things; From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads; From the mischief of those who practise secret arts; And from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy.

Surah an-Nas

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Qul a'uudhi bi rabbin naas
Malikin naas
Ilaahin naas
Min sharril wawaasil khannas
Alladhee yuwaswisu fee suduurin naas
Minal Jinnati wa naas

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Merciful
Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,
The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,
The god (or judge) of Mankind,-
From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper).
(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-
Among Jinns and among men.

Recite each 3 times with hands close to mouth, blow on your palms and wipe over yourself from head to as far as you can reach. Do this before you sleep inshaAllah. Sleep in wudhu. The shaytaan plays with the souls of people who go to sleep without seeking refuge in Allah. This is one of the main reasons people have nightmares/night frights.

:wa:

Aishath
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Thank you. Do you know if there is a ghusl wajib on me? I don't think I would need to since I have not deliberatly become a kaafir but just wondering about that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
How does one repent from shirk or kufr? Is there a ghusl that one needs to do? I was just wondering about this because I know these are the two biggest sins.

If one gets kufr wiswas in his head but does not actually say it out loud, does that mean one has not committed kufr?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Firstly my sister there is no ghusl for merely having thoughts which are said by the tongue and which are not accepted by the heart. In regards to your question Sheikh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari states:

It should also remember that one is not accountable for the evil thoughts that occur in the mind and heart as long as they remain thoughts.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“Verily Allah forgives my Ummah for the evil thoughts that occur in their hearts until they don’t say it verbally or act upon it”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

Therefore, one does not come out of the fold of Islam due to experiencing these evil thoughts, neither is there any sin., as long as one remains a believer with his heart, mouth and action.

What to do

When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:

1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: “Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.

2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy oneself with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task.

3) One should seek Allah’s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: “Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: “Who created your Lord?” When one experiences this, one should seek Allah’s refuge and stop the matter there”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

So sister it is clear from this that if your heart did'nt accept and believe it then it is not shirk. Shaythan is clearly just trying to mess with your head and confuse you by telling you to repeat these absurd things. He knows your weakness and so is playing on that.

Whenever you get these kinds of thoughts think to yourself "shaythan is just trying to mess with my head and confuse me and i won't let him" and then repeat the following: "A'udhu billaahi minashaythaanirajeem", Also: "La hawla Walaa Quwatha illah billah hil 'aliyyil adheem".

Then think of Almighty Allah and glorify him. You can repeat the third and fourth kalima and also "Subhanallah", "Alhamdulillah" and "Allahu Akbar".

Then everything will be fine sister. Its just shaythan trying to confuse you so block him out by remembering and glorifying Allah. Also recite as much of the Qur'an as you can along with its meaning so that you can understand the Qur'an and go along to talks and learn as much about Islam as you can because knowledge is extremely important.

If you ever need to ask anything at all then please never hesitate. Remember me in your dua's please.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Ummu Sufyaan
10-06-2010, 03:17 AM
:sl:
1. you don't do anything until and unless you are certain that you have done something to take you out of the fold of Islam (and to double check you ask a knowledgeable person/imam)

2. you dont waste water and get obsessive and worried over something you may not need to.

btw are you a new Muslim/new practicing? it maybe shaytaan trying to confuse you to deter you away from practicing.

Aishath
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
1. you don't do anything until and unless you are certain that you have done something to take you out of the fold of Islam (and to double check you ask a knowledgeable person/imam)
I can't help getting worried about this all the time. I don't actually even know who to ask cz there are no imams close by to me as far as i know. I have committted many sins in my life and some are very major sins. The thing is I have always been a muslim but when I was younger I only prayed when my mom told me to and so on. I then came abroad and prayed less and less and began committing sins. It was never because i thought there was another god but Allah. I always believed Islam was the true religion and that I needed to pray but i was just lazy and didn't take it too seriously. I continued to fast and always said the shahadat at night though cz i knew Islam was the true religion.

However, when I was 13, I did actually saw a word of kufr on purpose. I had lost something and was angry and cursed in the name of Allah. I do remember immediately feeling really bad about it and praying to Allah to forgive me. However, this was obviously a kufr I committed. What should I do about that?

Brother Hamza and Sister (scents of Jannah), thank you so much for all your help.

Can you please let me know what I need to do about the word of kufr I once said on purpose? And apart from that, based on what I have said above, have I done anything to gone out of the fold of Islam? :( Please please help me

Aishath
10-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Can someone please help me and tell me if I have committed kufr due to what I said when I was 13. I am at a loss as to what to do and I just feel so scared right now. If there is a ghusl i need to do then what intention do I need to make when doing the ghusl? please please help me in this matter

Ummu Sufyaan
10-08-2010, 09:10 AM
^im personally not sure ukhtee. cant you at-least write/phone an imam/s from somewhere outside your city?

all the best =) really.

Hamza Asadullah
10-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Can someone please help me and tell me if I have committed kufr due to what I said when I was 13. I am at a loss as to what to do and I just feel so scared right now. If there is a ghusl i need to do then what intention do I need to make when doing the ghusl? please please help me in this matter
Asalaamu Alaikum, My sister firstly it is only shirk if you meant it from your heart and not just by your tongue. You were angry so said it out of anger by using your tongue and from what you stated it does'nt seem like you accepted it from your heart when you said those words but said it out of mere anger without even thinking about it.

Secondly even if you meant it by heart if you feel remorseful which you clearly are and if you sincerely repent with the intention of never repeating such an act again which you also clearly have then inshallah you will be forgiven as Allah forgives any sin including shirk as long as one repented sincerely before death.

Allah Says : "Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief) their past will be forgiven. …" [8: 38].

Also, Allah says : "Say: 'O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins! Despair not of the mercy of Allaah; verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful'. [39:53].

Also there is no special ghusl. Please take the advice posted previously in regards to fighting waswas as you clearly suffer from it severely and shaythan knows your weakness in this matter and is using it against you.

So do not ever lose hope in the mercy of Allah for your past and present sins as long as you repent sincerely.

“Surely none but the disbelievers despair of Allah’s Mercy.” (Qur’an 12.57)

Aishath
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Thank you brother Hamza. I don't know what's happening to me really. Last night I actually had a dream that I committed kufr or maybe had a thought of kufr or something but when I woke up I was so scared and the dream was so valid that I thought I might have been semi awake and said something without even realising it. I don't really know what to do about any of this. I did even recite shahaadat and recite surat kurusi and three 'Gul' surats as well so I don't really know how shaytaan managed to spread his waswas. It is really affecting me though cz I woke up for Fajr prayer and was so shaken up by the dream that I ended up missing Fajr prayer completely and having to do it Qadha now. I'm taking all this as a sign that my iman is strong maybe but I've never had this happen in a dream before and it has just really really shaken me up now

Aishath
10-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Just a quick question

If someone intentionally has a thought of kufr but then does not say it out loud, what does that mean? I was in the middle of prayers and i had a thought of kufr and I don't know if it was waswas. I was thinking about it intentionally i think but I definitely did not think it because I meant it from my heart. The post below from Islamqa, makes me think that if someone says out loud something of kufr such as 'i am a kaafir' it does not mean what is in the heart cz he is judged to be out of the religion. What does it mean if someone thinks something like i hate our God (subhaanallah) but then does not say it out loud? Is one still judged to be a kaafir? I really don't know how or why I thought that but for some reason I'm wondering if it was shaytan really who did that. I think it was me although maybe I was remebering all the previous times or something. Please help me. May Allah bless all of you.

During a heated argument he said that he was a kaafir. What is the ruling? (article 3)
When I was having an argument with one of my relatives, I uttered the words, “I am a kaafir” and I slapped myself on the face. Please note that I regret what happened and I need direction and guidance. What is the religious ruling on this case? Do I have to offer any expiation?.

Praise be to Allaah.
Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return). We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter, and we ask Him for a good end and to cause us to die in faith.
You should realize that you have fallen into the worst and most abhorrent of sins, which is the sin of kufr (disbelief) and apostasy, Allaah forbid.
The words which you say that you said are a clear statement of kufr and apostasy. The scholars said: when a person utters the words of kufr, he is judged to be an apostate (if he knew the meaning of the words) and he need not be asked about his intention, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?”
[al-Tawbah 9:65]

Allaah stated that they disbelieved after having believed, even though they said, “We spoke the words without believing them, we were only talking idly and joking.”

Ibn Nujaym said: Whoever speaks the words of kufr, jokingly or otherwise, is a kaafir according to all the scholars, and it doesn’t matter what his real belief is.
End quote.
Al-Bahr al-Raa’iq (5/134). See also Nawaaqid al-Eemaan al-Qawliyyah wa’l-‘Amaliyyah (p. 95).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:
If he utters words that put him beyond the pale of Islam, such as saying that he is a Jew or a Christian or Magian or that he has nothing to do with Islam, or with the Qur’aan or the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then he is a kaafir and an apostate, and we take him at his word. End quote.
Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 6/279

Apostasy is an extremely serious matter. The scholars differed concerning one who apostatizes then repents: will any of the reward for his previous deeds remain, or is it all erased because of his apostasy?

Shaykh al-Fawzaan was asked the following question:
What is the ruling on one who apostatizes from Islam then returns to it? Should he repeat his previous deeds in accordance with the pillars of Islam, such as Hajj, fasting and prayer, or is it sufficient for him to repent and return to Islam?

He replied:
The correct scholarly view is that if the apostate returns to Islam and enters Islam anew, repenting to Allaah, then he does not need to repeat the deeds that he did before apostatizing, because Allaah has stipulated that in order for deeds to be cancelled out by apostasy, the person has to die as an apostate.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever”[al-Baqarah 2:217]

So in order for deeds to be lost, it is stipulated that a person persist in apostasy until he dies in that state. The verse indicates that if a person repents then the deeds that he did before apostatizing are still valid and will be rewarded in sha Allaah. End quote.
Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Fawzaan, 5/429

With regard to slapping the face, this is a deed of Jaahiliyyah which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against. It is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disavowed himself of the one who does that, as he said: “He is not one of us who slaps his cheeks, rends his garment and calls out with the cry of the Jaahiliyyah.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1294). This indicates that slapping the cheeks is a major sin.
As you regret what you did, we hope that Allaah will accept your repentance. You have to utter the Shahaadatayn (twin declaration of faith) in order to re-enter Islam after going out of it. You have to do good deeds and guard your tongue, for a person may say a word that angers Allaah but he regards it as insignificant, then he will be thrown into the Fire and will continue falling down into it for seventy years.
With regard to expiation, there is no expiation for what you have done apart from repentance, regret and resolve not to do it again.
We ask Allaah to accept your repentance and to enable you to adhere to His religion.
And Allaah knows best.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Thank you brother Hamza. I don't know what's happening to me really. Last night I actually had a dream that I committed kufr or maybe had a thought of kufr or something but when I woke up I was so scared and the dream was so valid that I thought I might have been semi awake and said something without even realising it. I don't really know what to do about any of this. I did even recite shahaadat and recite surat kurusi and three 'Gul' surats as well so I don't really know how shaytaan managed to spread his waswas. It is really affecting me though cz I woke up for Fajr prayer and was so shaken up by the dream that I ended up missing Fajr prayer completely and having to do it Qadha now. I'm taking all this as a sign that my iman is strong maybe but I've never had this happen in a dream before and it has just really really shaken me up now
its just a dream and im sure (no actually, im certain) that many other people have dreams like that aswell.

if you become more aware/knowledge, you begin to figure out shaytaans traps, and thats when you realize that he will leave you alone. ignorance isn't bliss so dont fall for these traps thinking that what you are doing is right. dont fall into the traps of distress and haste...get knowledgeable and know where shaytans enmity lies.

Aishath
10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
if you become more aware/knowledge, you begin to figure out shaytaans traps, and thats when you realize that he will leave you alone. ignorance isn't bliss so dont fall for these traps thinking that what you are doing is right. dont fall into the traps of distress and haste...get knowledgeable and know where shaytans enmity lies.

I agree with you so much there. I try and read as much as I can about Islam when I'm free. Being a paranoid person in general, I do tend to over react but I try my best not to. But like you can see from the post just under yours (and above the one about the dream), I still do get stressed out and panic. Thank you though for your help.

Do you know what the ruling would be about the other post? Is it only kufr if there is a connection between the heart and the mouth? I am so determined not to let shaytan win. I am ignoring all doubts and praying and doing good deeds as much as I can but he still manages to get to me sometimes and makes me think I have become a kaafir and wondeirng if some things are waswas or intentional and so on :(

Ummu Sufyaan
10-14-2010, 01:52 PM
^ no unfortunately, i dont. but it doesn't sound (speaking from experience) that it is mostly waswasah.

Aishath
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
^ no unfortunately, i dont. but it doesn't sound (speaking from experience) that it is mostly waswasah.
Can you please explain to me what you mean when you say 'it doesn't sound like it is mostly waswasah' :( ?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2010, 01:12 AM
^sorry, that was i typo. i was meant to say it DOES sound as if it is mostly waswasah.

Aishath
10-15-2010, 08:39 AM
^sorry, that was i typo. i was meant to say it DOES sound as if it is mostly waswasah.

haha thank you. I was getting worried there. Yeah I've spoken to someone and thought about it a lot and if it had been me intentionally thinking about things like this i would not care or feel bad afterwards after all.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
^ditto =)

Hamza Asadullah
10-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Just a quick question

If someone intentionally has a thought of kufr but then does not say it out loud, what does that mean? I was in the middle of prayers and i had a thought of kufr and I don't know if it was waswas. I was thinking about it intentionally i think but I definitely did not think it because I meant it from my heart. The post below from Islamqa, makes me think that if someone says out loud something of kufr such as 'i am a kaafir' it does not mean what is in the heart cz he is judged to be out of the religion. What does it mean if someone thinks something like i hate our God (subhaanallah) but then does not say it out loud? Is one still judged to be a kaafir? I really don't know how or why I thought that but for some reason I'm wondering if it was shaytan really who did that. I think it was me although maybe I was remebering all the previous times or something. Please help me. May Allah bless all of you.

During a heated argument he said that he was a kaafir. What is the ruling? (article 3)
When I was having an argument with one of my relatives, I uttered the words, “I am a kaafir” and I slapped myself on the face. Please note that I regret what happened and I need direction and guidance. What is the religious ruling on this case? Do I have to offer any expiation?.

Praise be to Allaah.
Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return). We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter, and we ask Him for a good end and to cause us to die in faith.
You should realize that you have fallen into the worst and most abhorrent of sins, which is the sin of kufr (disbelief) and apostasy, Allaah forbid.
The words which you say that you said are a clear statement of kufr and apostasy. The scholars said: when a person utters the words of kufr, he is judged to be an apostate (if he knew the meaning of the words) and he need not be asked about his intention, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?”
[al-Tawbah 9:65]

Allaah stated that they disbelieved after having believed, even though they said, “We spoke the words without believing them, we were only talking idly and joking.”

Ibn Nujaym said: Whoever speaks the words of kufr, jokingly or otherwise, is a kaafir according to all the scholars, and it doesn’t matter what his real belief is.
End quote.
Al-Bahr al-Raa’iq (5/134). See also Nawaaqid al-Eemaan al-Qawliyyah wa’l-‘Amaliyyah (p. 95).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:
If he utters words that put him beyond the pale of Islam, such as saying that he is a Jew or a Christian or Magian or that he has nothing to do with Islam, or with the Qur’aan or the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then he is a kaafir and an apostate, and we take him at his word. End quote.
Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 6/279

Apostasy is an extremely serious matter. The scholars differed concerning one who apostatizes then repents: will any of the reward for his previous deeds remain, or is it all erased because of his apostasy?

Shaykh al-Fawzaan was asked the following question:
What is the ruling on one who apostatizes from Islam then returns to it? Should he repeat his previous deeds in accordance with the pillars of Islam, such as Hajj, fasting and prayer, or is it sufficient for him to repent and return to Islam?

He replied:
The correct scholarly view is that if the apostate returns to Islam and enters Islam anew, repenting to Allaah, then he does not need to repeat the deeds that he did before apostatizing, because Allaah has stipulated that in order for deeds to be cancelled out by apostasy, the person has to die as an apostate.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever”[al-Baqarah 2:217]

So in order for deeds to be lost, it is stipulated that a person persist in apostasy until he dies in that state. The verse indicates that if a person repents then the deeds that he did before apostatizing are still valid and will be rewarded in sha Allaah. End quote.
Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Fawzaan, 5/429

With regard to slapping the face, this is a deed of Jaahiliyyah which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against. It is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disavowed himself of the one who does that, as he said: “He is not one of us who slaps his cheeks, rends his garment and calls out with the cry of the Jaahiliyyah.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1294). This indicates that slapping the cheeks is a major sin.
As you regret what you did, we hope that Allaah will accept your repentance. You have to utter the Shahaadatayn (twin declaration of faith) in order to re-enter Islam after going out of it. You have to do good deeds and guard your tongue, for a person may say a word that angers Allaah but he regards it as insignificant, then he will be thrown into the Fire and will continue falling down into it for seventy years.
With regard to expiation, there is no expiation for what you have done apart from repentance, regret and resolve not to do it again.
We ask Allaah to accept your repentance and to enable you to adhere to His religion.
And Allaah knows best.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, again my dear sisteer it is clear that this is waswas. Shaythan knows your weakness as in you are a paranoid person and would easily fall for his deceptions and so that is why he is continuously trying to fill your head with wrong thoughts and is trying to make you think that you have committed kufr when you have'nt done anything of the sort. He is trying to make you think about kufr words and thoughts and hating Allah and even swearing at him but again these are just thoughts that shaythan is trying to give you in your mind to try and make you think that you have thought them up. This is something that you need to keep on striving to eradicate from your life and you will win inshallah just keep doing what i advised you to do in my previous posts in this thread in regards to the dua's and seeking refuge in Allah.

Shaythan knows you are trying to get closer to Allah and so is trying to stop your progress by making you think you have committed kufr but disregard his evil and deception and continue to strive and do as many good deeds as possible and make the best use of every second in pleasing Allah and doing everything to earn his pleasure. Always repent and ask of Allah to help you and keep you strong against the evil whispers of your enemy shaythan and ask of Allah to bring you closer to him and to help you in every aspect of your life.

Aishath
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Asalaamu alaykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Whenever you get these kinds of thoughts think to yourself "shaythan is just trying to mess with my head and confuse me and i won't let him" and then repeat the following: "A'udhu billaahi minashaythaanirajeem", Also: "La hawla Walaa Quwatha illah billah hil 'aliyyil adheem".
Brother Hamza, would you be able to please send me the Arabic writings of these Dua's (the second one), since I find it easier to read it when written in Arabic. I am more sure of the pronunciations then.

Thank you. Insha Allah, may Allah bless you. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!