/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abu Talib

Darth Ultor
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I recently watched "The Messenger", so like all movies, it was probably dramatized. From what I gather in the movie, Abu Talib seemed to care about Muhammad and the people of Mecca. Do you think he was secretly a believer or did he die believing in the religion of his forefathers: paganism?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
10-05-2010, 04:33 PM
there is a hadiths, which says

Saheeh al-Bukhari:

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 222:

Narrated Al-Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib:
That he said to the Prophet "You have not been of any avail to your uncle (Abu Talib) (though) by Allah, he used to protect you and used to become angry on your behalf." The Prophet said, "He is in a shallow fire, and had It not been for me, he would have been in the bottom of the (Hell) Fire."

and there are few other hadiths indicating that he didnt die accepting the shahada, nevertheless he was a great service to islam and RasoolAllah (saw)

Muslim Woman
10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Salaam /Peace

he never announced the Shahada . To be a Muslim , one needs to utter that I believe there is no deity except Allah and Muhammed pbuh is His slave and messenger.

Before his death , Prophet pbuh urged him to say at least the first line - there is no god but Allah but Abu talib denied . He said something like he fears that women of his tribe will make fun of him by singing and in other ways .

So , though he helped the Prophet pbuh in many ways and in his heart he knew the truth , he did not accept it.

And Allah knows Best.

Tawangar
12-28-2010, 07:08 AM
He died as a non Muslim. A sahih hadith states that the minimum level of punishment in the Fire will be for him where he will be made to wear boots of the Fire of Hell as a result of which his brain will keep boiling. WS.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tawangar
12-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Of course he was alive. He was the one who shielded the Prophet(saws) from the attacks of Al Quraysh and spent three years in Shab Abi Talib. When he was dying he was surrounded by the leaders of the Kuffar and the Prophet(saws) urged him to become Muslim so that he(saws) could pray for him. But he persisted in the religion of his forefathers and died a non Muslim.

Abdul Rafay
06-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Assalamoalaykum

There is no doubt in Sunni sources that he died as a non muslim and the Prophet exhorted him to recite the Shahadah.

jawad555
10-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Great article and nice comments. I like your post. JazakAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!