PDA

View Full Version : Candidal infections-any herbal suggestions ??



anonymous
10-06-2010, 01:43 PM
:sl:

Do any of you (esp sisters) suffer from oral candidal infections ? (in the mouth) If so does anyone know if there is anything herbal a person could try ? I keep getting repeated infections, symptoms arent pleasant, & can be quite painful. over the counter meds dont help anymore. I was told a couple of years back, that it was just down to being run down, but now i aint 2 sure.

anyone else get this ? Im getting extremely frustrated, & just want a quick fix of some sort. this is annoying the crap out of me, cos i keep getting them every other month.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
have you seen a doc?
Reply

anonymous
10-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I saw one few years back when i first came to know what i was suffering from. the difflam oral rinse that i used at the time, worked so every episode i got after, i continued with the rinse, but the last few episodes the rinse doesnt seem 2 be working, so i wondered if i had become immune due to the continued usage. I always get it at the same time as flu symptoms, which makes it really unbearable. I have been on a course of antibiotics a few days earlier, 4 something else, so its quite common to get this after. just out of sheer desperation & cos of the pain,i went to a wlk in clinic ysday, the doc prescribed me daktorin which i now realise has a small percentage of alcohol in. she also suggested getting a swab done via the gp to see why i keep getting recurrent infections as its not normal.

I understand its immune, + i also have another immune condition, maybe theres a link ?? i dont know, but just wondered if there was anything herbal, im sick of taking meds. & feeling crap all the time.
Reply

Abdul Wahid
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
:wa: sister

I'm sorry to hear what your going through. InshaALLAH I'll keep you im my duas that ALLAH(SWT) gives you shifa.

I'm a bit busy but I'm not sure if this thread will help. It may not but worth a look InshaALLAH.

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...lonji-oil.html
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
piXie
10-07-2010, 09:39 PM
:sl:

I understand its immune, + i also have another immune condition, maybe theres a link ??
Not maybe. Definitely. :hmm: And stress. I cant stress this enough. :hmm: Its crucial you take the A-C-E vitamins daily, and also B vitamins. For your candida Try pau D' arco. Also probiotic supplements [restore good bacteria in gut] and raw garlic. I'd advise you to get a consultation with a herblist or nutritionist. I am not sure where u are based but usually at health stores they have nutritionists there, and u can get free over the counter advise. Avoid refined foods (e.g. white bread, white pasta, white rice, etc), Milk (goats milk is okay), yeast, sugar (the bad one). May Allaah give u shifaa. Aameen.
Reply

جوري
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
:sl:

If you have a candidal infection (especially in the mouth) and aren't asthmatic and taking inhaled steroids then you most definitely have to see a doctor as it can be a sign of an underlying SERIOUS disease, you shouldn't merely be concerned with finding a cure herbal or not, but finding out the cause. Vaginal yeast infections are quite common amongst women and for multiple reasons. Oral candidaisis has serious implications.

and Allah swt knows best

:w:
Reply

anonymous
10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
:wa: sister

I'm sorry to hear what your going through. InshaALLAH I'll keep you im my duas that ALLAH(SWT) gives you shifa.

I'm a bit busy but I'm not sure if this thread will help. It may not but worth a look InshaALLAH.

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...lonji-oil.html
It does thanks. I guess its similar to black seed.
Reply

anonymous
10-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by piXie
:sl:


Not maybe. Definitely. :hmm: And stress. I cant stress this enough. :hmm: Its crucial you take the A-C-E vitamins daily, and also B vitamins. For your candida Try pau D' arco. Also probiotic supplements [restore good bacteria in gut] and raw garlic. I'd advise you to get a consultation with a herblist or nutritionist. I am not sure where u are based but usually at health stores they have nutritionists there, and u can get free over the counter advise. Avoid refined foods (e.g. white bread, white pasta, white rice, etc), Milk (goats milk is okay), yeast, sugar (the bad one). May Allaah give u shifaa. Aameen.
I am stressed atm, but then its a difficult atm. but then so are other people stressed, some have way stressful jobs, and they never get anything like this ? those foods are what i live on, but im gona stick to healthy fruit and veg, till i can determine a cause for this.
Reply

anonymous
10-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
:sl:

If you have a candidal infection (especially in the mouth) and aren't asthmatic and taking inhaled steroids then you most definitely have to see a doctor as it can be a sign of an underlying SERIOUS disease, you shouldn't merely be concerned with finding a cure herbal or not, but finding out the cause. Vaginal yeast infections are quite common amongst women and for multiple reasons. Oral candidaisis has serious implications.

and Allah swt knows best

:w:
Oh ok, thats what the walk in doc sed, tbh i was that fed up and only went in on the off chance at lunch, and nearly ended up crying, just cos this gets a person so down, cos of the uncomfortableness. I didnt realise it could be anything that serious ? but serious in what way ? I remember getting this as far back as my teens, (29 now) but always thought it was symtoms of the flu..wen your that age you dont think of it being anything else. Its just annoying getting it as frequent as i do. apparently its common wen people go on diets and cut out the wrong foods at the wrong time ? I just got advised to get a swab done, so have to wait till its not active b4.
Reply

جوري
10-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by anonymous
Oh ok, thats what the walk in doc sed, tbh i was that fed up and only went in on the off chance at lunch, and nearly ended up crying, just cos this gets a person so down, cos of the uncomfortableness. I didnt realise it could be anything that serious ? but serious in what way ? I remember getting this as far back as my teens, (29 now) but always thought it was symtoms of the flu..wen your that age you dont think of it being anything else. Its just annoying getting it as frequent as i do. apparently its common wen people go on diets and cut out the wrong foods at the wrong time ? I just got advised to get a swab done, so have to wait till its not active b4.
:sl:

it means you are immune compromised. So think of underlying diseases or medications such as immune-suppressants (if you are an organ transplant receiver) that can lower or diminish your body's immune response and that would be an answer..

whatever the case being angry with the doctor and seeking herbal treatments isn't the answer.. the sooner you find out what it is, the faster to recovery insha'Allah.. and Allah swt knows best

:w:
Reply

anonymous
10-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

:sl:

it means you are immune compromised. So think of underlying diseases or medications such as immune-suppressants (if you are an organ transplant receiver) that can lower or diminish your body's immune response and that would be an answer..

whatever the case being angry with the doctor and seeking herbal treatments isn't the answer.. the sooner you find out what it is, the faster to recovery insha'Allah.. and Allah swt knows best

:w:
I aint angry with the doctor ? I was annoyed at myself for getting it yet again..thats wat i ment. As far as im aware im fit and healthy, & no other med conditions, and tbh, wasting a GP visit for something as small as oral candidosis isnt really a priority. I was told to go get a swab, which i will wen ive chance.

thanks
Reply

جوري
10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by anonymous
I aint angry with the doctor ? I was annoyed at myself for getting it yet again..thats wat i ment. As far as im aware im fit and healthy, & no other med conditions, and tbh, wasting a GP visit for something as small as oral candidosis isnt really a priority. I was told to go get a swab, which i will wen ive chance.

thanks
:sl:

other than Oral Leukoplakia which can't be scraped off as easily as candida, those would be the things that cause that whitish plaque in the mouth, so I am not sure what the swab is for unless your doctor wants to see if your candida is resistant to common anti-fungal. You can do a swish and swallow nystatin if all you want is to rid of the infection, but to reiterate the infection is caused by something else that maybe serious and needs attending to. Most of the time folks don't bring diseases upon themselves, so what is the need to be angry with self? It won't solve the problem...

When your doctor sees candida he or she is thinking HIV infection, organ transplant, endocrine disorder, serious viral infection, inhaled steroids for an asthmatic, cancer patient etc. they are not thinking resistant candida I need to simply treat let me get a swab as that would be negligence.

Please I urge you to get a complete workup!

and Allah swt knows best

May Allah swt grant you shifa'a

:w:
Reply

piXie
10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Don’t know about any serious illness here (I pray it’s nothing serious) but if we sum up what the sister has told us,

a) STRESS - which lowers immunity resulting in various illnesses (in this situation candida and flus)

b) IMMUNE PROBLEM - especially if someone is immune compromised. Very common cause for candida.


c) ANTIBIOTICS COURSE - which disrupts the natural balance of bacteria in the gut causing candida.

d) DIET - Feeding the candida, and giving it the optimum conditions to grow.

e) CERTAIN CANDIDA MEDICATIONS – making you more prone to reoccurring attacks.

Any one of these factors itself is enough to give someone candida so imagine a person who has all 5 of these factors! :hmm:

You need to see a nutritionist or herbalist as they will be able to restore the balance in your body and strengthen your immunity which will eliminate the root cause insha’ Allaah.



Originally Posted by piXie
:sl:


Not maybe. Definitely. :hmm: And stress. I cant stress this enough. :hmm: Its crucial you take the A-C-E vitamins daily, and also B vitamins. For your candida Try pau D' arco. Also probiotic supplements [restore good bacteria in gut] and raw garlic. I'd advise you to get a consultation with a herblist or nutritionist. I am not sure where u are based but usually at health stores they have nutritionists there, and u can get free over the counter advise. Avoid refined foods (e.g. white bread, white pasta, white rice, etc), Milk (goats milk is okay), yeast, sugar (the bad one). May Allaah give u shifaa. Aameen.
Add lots of Live Bio cultured yogurt and ZINC to the list.
Reply

Cabdullahi
10-08-2010, 08:43 PM
cinnamon works for candida! boil cinnamon sticks into a tea and drink it. dr jennifer
I am posting on behalf of someone else who cannot post on this particular thread
Reply

anonymous
10-09-2010, 07:12 PM
:sl:

I found this website EXTREMELY useful. Hope it helps.

http://www.detox-for-life.com/candida-cleanse.html


May Allah give you shifa.
Reply

Snowflake
10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Ameen to the duaas. InshaAllah follow sis Lily's advice to rule out anything serious. May Allah grant you a complete cure and good health. Ameen
Reply

anonymous
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

:sl:

other than Oral Leukoplakia which can't be scraped off as easily as candida, those would be the things that cause that whitish plaque in the mouth, so I am not sure what the swab is for unless your doctor wants to see if your candida is resistant to common anti-fungal. You can do a swish and swallow nystatin if all you want is to rid of the infection, but to reiterate the infection is caused by something else that maybe serious and needs attending to. Most of the time folks don't bring diseases upon themselves, so what is the need to be angry with self? It won't solve the problem...

When your doctor sees candida he or she is thinking HIV infection, organ transplant, endocrine disorder, serious viral infection, inhaled steroids for an asthmatic, cancer patient etc. they are not thinking resistant candida I need to simply treat let me get a swab as that would be negligence.

Please I urge you to get a complete workup!

and Allah swt knows best

May Allah swt grant you shifa'a

:w:


I went to see my GP today, had a chat with him, about the recurrance of candida i keep getting, he sed he couldnt say wat was wrong as my candida was inactive (wish the first doc had told me that) anyway, hes sent me for the usual bloods fbc, glucose etc, but basically sed most of them wud prob come back "ok" as im young, slim and generally healthy. oh and i have to wait for my candida to get active again, before i then hav 2 revist 4 him to look at. he basically sed if it was something oral then he wud just refer me on to the department that wud deal with that sort of stuff, at the hospital. so basically i got no further, and im still stuck not knowing wats wrong. think i mite just try the herbal remedies that every1 else has suggested.
Reply

Muhaba
10-20-2010, 02:44 PM
one thing that works to finish fungal infections is turmeric (known as haldi in urdu). it's a spice, so is commonly used in cooking. you try using it when frying an egg for example and eat it. it should help. however, do get the lab tests done. i heard oral candidal infections also were caused by amoebysis (sp?) which can be very harmful. talk to your doctor about that and get stool tests done for it.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!