/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AVG or Avast!?

~Raindrop~
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
:sl:

It's probably not the brightest thing to do, but I've got both installed, so I need to get rid of one.

I haven't a clue about which one I should keep.

What say the techies?

I've disabled Avast atm so I can access LI :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
10-07-2010, 08:01 PM
AVG is fine if you have a complete version and you keep it updated, and it's also light.
But I prefer AVAST, it seems to be more able to catch viruses that can pass behind AVG, but AVAST is a little bit heavier.

just my opinion.

~Raindrop~
10-07-2010, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
AVG is fine if you have a complete version and you keep it updated, and it's also light.
But I prefer AVAST, it seems to be more able to catch viruses that can pass behind AVG, but AVAST is a little bit heavier.

just my opinion.
Light? Heavy? :muddlehea

أحمد
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials (free).

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Light? Heavy? :muddlehea
heavy means it meakes your pc slower.

~Raindrop~
10-07-2010, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials (free).

So i uninstall both of them and install this? :ermm:

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen

heavy means it meakes your pc slower.
My laptop must be super-slow then :-\

-Fallen Angel-
10-07-2010, 08:46 PM
To be honest, both suck. While they are pretty decent considering they are free, in most cases there are lots of false alarms. I've been using Eset smart security for a while (somebody i know has the business versions, gave me a free copy) and it's pretty awesome but i've reinstalled windows more times than i can count, so i just didn't bother installing.. running w/o anti-virus for months now.. if i get a virus i'll just reformat and reinstall. But back on topic i would say AVG is better, Avast sucks and i've tried both and found it to be one of the worst i've used by far, and the Microsoft one is also pretty decent.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!