/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Food

muslimsister1
10-08-2010, 10:34 AM
:sl:

Hope your all in good health by the grace of Almighty Allah SWT, i jst want to know if any1 can gve me a list of all the fish and seafood we can eat.

I look froward to your replies.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
5alim
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
W/s, Please PM me your E.Address so I can Send you a pdf haraam halal list. Inshallah. my 3Mail

Insaanah
10-09-2010, 09:20 PM
:sl: sister,

There isn't a "one answer that fits all" answer to this.

It will depend on which math'hab you follow.

For example as a rough (and I mean rough, not to be acted upon) guide, the position of the Hanafi math'hab is that only that which is considered to be fish is permitted from seafood. Everything else is prohibitively disliked. There is considerable difference of opinion about prawn, though. Some Hanafis gave the fatwa that it is permitted, as there is some evidence that Arabs considered it fish-like.

The Shaafi3i math'hab permits anything that lives exclusively in water (i.e. never comes out of the water), but with certain exceptions.

I cannot tell you about the Maaliki and Hanbali positions.

The best advice I can give you, is to find a scholar/learned person of the math'hab you follow, and ask them.

And Allah knows best.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!