/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't PM

Amoeba
10-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm trying to PM a member to ask them the location of a thread (can't find it in search), but I can't find out how to PM them.

How do I PM them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
10-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Left click on the user name in a thread and click on Private Message. It will open a compose message window with user name in the To address bar. You just put title / subject and type the body and send.

Alternately User CP -> send new message (at left side). Type in the user name (it will suggest you and you can select the intended one from list)

If still it does not work then check if your PMs are ON.
UserCP > General Settings (again on the left hand side under My Account setting) and see if PM is set to ON.

Hope this works for you.

Amoeba
10-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Thank you, but it doesn't work, the PM bit is missing.

Yes my PM is on.

AabiruSabeel
10-09-2010, 07:32 AM
:sl:

The member might have disabled their Private Messages. If you looking for a thread, you can post the name of the thread here: http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...d-locator.html and somebody will find it for you inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
10-09-2010, 07:33 AM
OK let the Admins come and check the setting of your account and fix it for you.

You should be able to send me a PM. Do it as mentioned in the first method. Send me title and OP(if known) of thread and I will try locating it for you. :)

Amoeba
10-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Rather not say, anyway I suspect it's switched off so never mind.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Amoeba
10-09-2010, 08:22 AM
As I said PM is probably off because there is no link to PM that user in their profile. So there is no error.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!