/* */

PDA

View Full Version : List all the verses which has the word "say:" ?

Najm
10-09-2010, 12:14 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Does anyone know a website, or able to list all the verses which has the word "say:".....i.e the "4 Quls" and other verses throught out the quran, such as..

"And, behold, there are indeed among you such as would lag behind, and then, if calamity befalls you, say, "God has bestowed His favour upon me in that I did not accompany them." (4:72)

"Say:"Who is it that saves you from the dark dangers of land and sea [when] you call unto Him humbly, and in the secrecy of your hearts, `If He will but save us from this [distress], we shall most certainly be among the grateful'?" (6:63)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najm
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Bump!

FiAmaaniAllah

Insaanah
10-10-2010, 06:37 PM
:sl:

Go to this website: http://quran.com/

Type "qul" into the seach box.

It will bring up 234 occurences in the Qur'an.

Alternatively, you can type in "say", this will bring up 983 results, but they don't all equate to "qul" which is the command to say, it could be they say, they will say, etc.

EDIT: If you then put the Surah and ayah numbers that the results brought up, turn by turn into the search box, e.g. 114:1 for qul a'oothu bi Rabbin-Naas, it will bring up the translation too, and you can pick more translations from the left hand side. This will be time consuming though.

Najm
10-11-2010, 09:53 PM

SubhaanAllah, i have tried it. It works. However it is tiresome. Someone on the net must have complied these amazing verses!

P.s I also wanted the ones that start with "O those who believe!"

JazakiAllah Khair

FiAmaaniAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
10-12-2010, 05:42 PM

Last time I searched, I couldn't find anything like that on the net.

O those who believe i.e. yaa ayyuhallatheena aamanoo, will have loads of occurences.

I did a similar thing, but I wanted to see the "O Mankind" verses:

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...o-mankind.html

It wasn't on the net so I had to compile it myself.

EDIT: Also see the 3rd post in that thread Re: O you who believe:

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...ml#post1306239

ayesha.ansari
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
there are lots of verses in Google. for the book i think you might get it from ezine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!