/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How is Rep Power calculated or awarded?

sabr*
10-10-2010, 12:12 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Wanted to know how Rep Power is calculated or awarded? And what does is really mean or matter?

Couldn't locate the answer in the archives. Would appreciate if a admin, etc would answer.

Personal Rant

One of many reasons for the inquiry is that a forum member is always judged by their last post or thread that is or isn't in accordance with the spirit of the Islamic Board. I have observed so-called members with high Reputations (Provided by other members, buddy system, etc) and high Rep Power to be ultimately disabled.

A forum member is good as their last relevant thread or post that is in accordance with the forums views.

I strive to submit posts and threads that are in accordance with Quran and Sunna and leave the politics to the politicians.

Jazakumullahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-10-2010, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*
And what does is really mean or matter?
It doesn't matter.. sometimes members leave reps just to say salaam, console someone, or in show of support or even reprimand not simply because they love a post.. obviously the longer you've been here the higher your rep count, as such you'll see disagreeable christians, atheists or even known trolls with a high rep count..

:w:

Woodrow
10-10-2010, 03:08 AM
:sl:

Your reputation points are based upon the rep points you get from other members. Your rep power is the nymber of rep points you give each time you rep a member. the rep power is calculated by a somewhat complex formula based upon the number of months you have been a member and the number of posts you have made along with, to a lesser degree, the number of rep points you have.

The rep system is simply a tool to let members know how well their posts are received by other members.

PouringRain
10-10-2010, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

It doesn't matter.. sometimes members leave reps just to say salaam, console someone, or in show of support or even reprimand not simply because they love a post.. obviously the longer you've been here the higher your rep count, as such you'll see disagreeable christians, atheists or even known trolls with a high rep count..

:w:
I agree..... (although I hope I am not one of those "disagreeable christians" :D). To me, imo, an individual's rep level/ points doesn't mean a whole lot. I love the system simply because I enjoy being able to communicate with others without the need to send a PM or post in a thread. (I write too much in PM messages. :hmm: )

Sabr* I just wanted to comment that I haven't noticed so much the buddy system that you mention on this forum-- because this forum makes people "spread their rep" before re-repping someone. I have seen the abuse on forums that take that element away, or even on forums where you have full repaholic threads. This forum, at least in my observation, the members do not seem to be that way. But I could be wrong....... since I don't see what goes on behind the scenes. ^o) :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-10-2010, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
(although I hope I am not one of those "disagreeable christians" ).

Not at all..

cheers

Yanal
10-10-2010, 03:57 AM

Rep power is deermined by a few factors(if I am correct)
-Time joined
-Reps received
There may be other factors.

:wa:

PouringRain
10-10-2010, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Not at all..

cheers

Thanks.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2010, 04:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
the rep power is calculated by a somewhat complex formula
I'd like to know that formula.... :embarrass :embarrass

tigerkhan
10-10-2010, 05:21 AM
oh blv i think last week i see this...frist time i go to user cp to change password after joining brother section....i see these repu msgs....then tilmeez bahi told me what reputation is...(JZK talmeez bahi)...but dear i think it can harms our neya and akhlas.....
we should make thread or post just for the sake of Allah SWT whether some1 like it or not....but surely try no1 get hurts with our words...as i did in the tread about hoor, abu Yahya bahi sorry 4 bit vulgarty in that.....i was v.sad and thinking i will now post vvvv.less but thanks GOD abdul majid bahi encourage me to post....i happy atleast one person is benefited with my post...lol......

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Reputation power depends upon three things,
1. Reputation score
2. Duration of stay and
3. Post count.
Are you listening, zAk? :X

And I think for 1000 reputation score 1 rep power will be added....I not sure though.

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
abdul majid bahi encourage me to post
bhai, mai kab encourage kara aur kaise..:X lol

marwen
10-10-2010, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

E = m.c² , where E = rep power; m = your weight (you're not portly, so don't hope too much), and 'c' is the speed of your typing.

(oh I don't believe I just revealed the secret ::><: )

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2010, 06:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
E = m.c² , where E = rep power; m = your weight (you're not portly, so don't hope too much), and 'c' is the speed of your typing.

(oh I don't believe I just revealed the secret ::><: )
LOL...you reveled the secret...now, admins will come after you...lol

Where are the above said variables post count, duration of stay and rep score...:ermm:

marwen
10-10-2010, 06:24 AM
LOL...you reveled the secret...now, admins will come after you...lol
I don't care ! (just tell zAk to not hurt me :phew, I'm ready to surrender if they don't kill me)

Where are the above said variables post count, duration of stay and rep score...:ermm:
and you believe that ! the above variables are just to keep you away from the real formula. Focus man !

tigerkhan
10-10-2010, 09:26 AM
bhai, mai kab encourage kara aur kaise.. lol
OMG ek hi banda tha who said i like ur post and ab wo bi mukar ho gaya ha...lol

Insaanah
10-10-2010, 09:37 AM

As a rough guide, the formula used to go something like this:

Every two complete months on the forum = 1 rep power
+
Every 2000 reputation points received = 1 rep power
+
Every 1000 posts made = 1 rep power

Add up it up to get total rep power, which is how much reputation points you can give to others when you rep them.

This might have changed now though.

islamaholic™
10-10-2010, 12:19 PM
And all this time i was trying to bribe someone for rep points.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2010, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
^That's correct.
1 point for each, 60 days of stay, 1000 posts and 2000 reputation points.
So, I need to stay active here for 20.5 years to get 132 of rep power* :skeleton:

Asiyah3
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
^That's correct.
1 point for each, 60 days of stay, 1000 posts and 2000 reputation points.
I see. This explains it all.

Asiyah3
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
to get 132 of rep points :skeleton:
rep power*..

sabr*
10-11-2010, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
oh blv i think last week i see this...frist time i go to user cp to change password after joining brother section....i see these repu msgs....then tilmeez bahi told me what reputation is...(JZK talmeez bahi)...but dear i think it can harms our neya and akhlas.....
we should make thread or post just for the sake of Allah SWT whether some1 like it or not....but surely try no1 get hurts with our words...as i did in the tread about hoor, abu Yahya bahi sorry 4 bit vulgarty in that.....i was v.sad and thinking i will now post vvvv.less but thanks GOD abdul majid bahi encourage me to post....i happy atleast one person is benefited with my post...lol......

Did you get the question of this thread confused? I had no idea what you are saying. Lost in translation. Your message must be intended and understood by someone. Try to stay on topic.

There is definitely no need to reply.

sabr*
10-12-2010, 12:01 AM

Ukh Insaanah
Akhi Abu Ya7ya:

Appreciate the answer.

Jazakumullahu Khair

Muezzin
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM

I think it involves trained monkeys.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-12-2010, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think it involves trained monkeys.
Are monkeys employed to calculate it?

sabr*
10-12-2010, 07:20 PM

How can a thread based upon a substantive question be turned into a humor thread.

Thread needs to be closed. Request from originial poster.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!