/* */

PDA

View Full Version : twitter

Abdul-Raouf
10-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Do you have an account..? Why u have / why u dont?

So do you use it? and for what ?

Pros & Con....how good it is ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
10-10-2010, 02:58 AM
:sl:

Nope, don't have an account there. Don't want to sound like a twitty twit.

on a more serious note, its just not my thing to see what people are upto every minute of the day:hmm: they live their lives, I live mine.

And I always did wonder why theyre called tweets and not twits.

tigerkhan
10-10-2010, 06:12 AM
AHD i never use messenger/chatrooms/twitter etc etc...even facebook i had made accoount just a year b4 and only 5-6 friend and then i disable my account from last 3-4 months.... on skype i only add two persons....one my friend and other my nephew in australia....i strongly disrecommend using these sites......bczz......cant answer bcz my nephew is calling.... lol

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2010, 06:29 AM
abdulmājid : Hey, yo i am on twitter, follow me on twitter.com/*****
Abdul-Raouf : Why should I follow you, I have lot more important matters to address. I have to do more software testing these days.
abdulmājid : umm...you are a very busy person? Can I follow you?
Abdul-Raouf : *tsks* *walks away*

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
AHD i never use messenger/chatrooms/twitter etc etc...even facebook i had made accoount just a year b4 and only 5-6 friend and then i disable my account from last 3-4 months.... on skype i only add two persons....one my friend and other my nephew in australia....i strongly disrecommend using these sites......bczz......cant answer bcz my nephew is calling.... lol
:hmm: that means you don't use social networking sites and don't like socializing with new people but talk much on phones :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
10-10-2010, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
abdulmājid : Hey, yo i am on twitter, follow me on twitter.com/*****
Abdul-Raouf : Why should I follow you, I have lot more important matters to address. I have to do more software testing these days.
abdulmājid : umm...you are a very busy person? Can I follow you?
Abdul-Raouf : *tsks* *walks away*

:hmm: that means you don't use social networking sites and don't like socializing with new people but talk much on phones :X
:sl:

Or plainly because he doesn't want to be involved in the fitnah of facebook and rather spend his time with his family and in the path of Allaah.:)

:wa:

tigerkhan
10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
that means you don't use social networking sites and don't like socializing with new people but talk much on phones
wallah i dont have any call or msg package......hahaha....my 100 rp balance is sufficent for more than a week...amazing!!!!!
dear i like ppl...so i have strong friendship with our jamat ppl in masjid.....also on weekends we 4-5 idiots always gether in local market to make gup/shup...eating somasa, kubab...these 4-5 idiots...all v r classfellow form primary to matric...and since then v r close friends.....

islamaholicâ„¢
10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Twitter is probably just a site made by the CIA to follow your every activity.

And this is the reason i suspect why Bin Laden doesn't have an account.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I have a twitter account but I dont use it much because I dont feel like disclosing my activities...:p

Cabdullahi
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
8:55 am : hey guys i just woke up....i'm actually burping now

2:00 pm : just had a big meal...chicken, rice...lots of chilli sauce

2:10 pm : opps i think i've got a stomach upset...im going to the toilet....i think its doo doo :(

^
nah its uncool.....tweeter is ridiculous...we dont need anymore social networking sites

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-10-2010, 01:53 PM
^lol @ some replies

I dont have an account and nor do i plan on having one.

I dont know what happens on it either, but according to some replies on this thread its made it pretty clear what happens, so nope im not that sad.

lol im shocked you guys spoke of it i thought only the people who follow the west life style use it :-\ No offence seriously what benefit do you get from it? if there is, name some.
:-\

aadil77
10-10-2010, 03:41 PM
'twitter' sounds proper gay

even on facebook you get saddo's postin up every second what they're doing

Abdul-Raouf
10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
leaving out the "what im doing now" comments... to tell everyone wat ur doing..

i have seen news channels, sports websites, commercial consumer business websites... having their accounts.. and you can post ur comments directing to them ...and also have seen many news channels read ur comments on tv.... how abt using it as a tool of criticising, expressing ur views...etc,...?? anyone tried that.

Tyrion
10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
To me, Twitter is just a more annoying version of Facebook's status update feature... More annoying, and not nearly as useful as FB. :p

S.Belle
10-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I dont have an account and dont plan on getting one
ive always been sort of a nonconformist when it comes to social sites like myspace, facebook, mocospace, etc.
but i think i may consider getting a facebook to keep in touch with highschool friends now that were all out in the world....maybe

Neelofar
10-16-2010, 05:40 PM
It's jus punchat about who's doing what, where and when so i don't really have one and won't be getting one any day soon either! :p

[punchat in gujarati means gossiping for those who don't speak that language :p]

Cabdullahi
10-16-2010, 05:43 PM
roger milla! dont get facebook its for your own good sir

Dagless
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
leaving out the "what im doing now" comments... to tell everyone wat ur doing..

i have seen news channels, sports websites, commercial consumer business websites... having their accounts.. and you can post ur comments directing to them ...and also have seen many news channels read ur comments on tv.... how abt using it as a tool of criticising, expressing ur views...etc,...?? anyone tried that.
I agree, it's really good for news type feeds. I do have a few friends on there but they don't update often.
*Goes to tweet that he just posted on islamicboard.com.

serena77
10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Salaam
I do have an account on twiter.. but i think i've posted maybe 30times... normally as prayers to disasters areound the world. I use twitter for a couple of different things... one.. i follow my favorite author incase she were to announce a local booksigning... i follow about 20 different news sites around the world. because if there is breaking news i want to know whats going on... and also i follow some amazon kindle sites because free books are always good.. :)
Serena

S.Belle
10-16-2010, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
roger milla! dont get facebook its for your own good sir
Oh ok my decision is final if Bro. Abdullahii says its not good then so be it...:p LOL

P.S why do you still insist on calling me roger milla?....i dont get it..:hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!