/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine commited suicide this morning

Alphadude
10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
:sl:

A friend of mine commited suicide this morning he was Schizophrenic and his mom and dad never let him out our let him out of there site but he got out of the house while every 1 was a sleep and and some 1 saw him running on the street and he knew him and then he called his dad they were looking for him every were but did not find him then they saw him on the bridge so then they knew something is wrong then he jumped of the bridge and died:'( this happened in london in hendon north circular road there is a bridge between cricklewood lane.

he was the only true friend i ever had and was like my big brother we were always together before he was ill
please pray for him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
10-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Very sorry to hear that. May Allah give sabr to you and all his family and friends.
the pen stops writing when a person becomes insane until he gets back to his senses. That's what I read in a hadith. so I don't think he'll be held responsible for his actions after becoming schizophrenic. If he was a good muslim before that, then insha-Allah Allah will have mercy on him.

tango92
10-10-2010, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alphadude

A friend of mine commited suicide this morning he was Schizophrenic and his mom and dad never let him out our let him out of there site but he got out of the house while every 1 was a sleep and and some 1 saw him running on the street and he knew him and then he called his dad they were looking for him every were but did not find him then they saw him on the bridge so then they knew something is wrong then he jumped of the bridge and died:'( this happened in london in north circular road near brent bross there is a bridge.

he was the only true friend i ever had and was like my big brother we were always together before he was ill
please pray for him.
what ?! ive not heard about this. im sorry about your loss bro, keep patient. alhumdulillah you should just think of this as a temporary parting, we will all meet in jannah inshallah

Woodrow
10-10-2010, 12:18 PM

May your friend now find the peace that did not come to him in life.

I doubt if your friend committed suicide. Based on what you said I am assuming he was paranoid schizophrenic. His intent and goal would not have been to die but to escape from what he saw as a danger. He was running in fear from something his tortured mind perceived as a very real threat to his life. I doubt if his intent was to die when he jumped from the bridge, but rather he saw himself as trapped and thought he could escape from what he thought was chasing him. In his mind he most likely did not realize that jumping could kill him, he probably saw it as an escape route. He may have even thought he could fly if he jumped.

Whatever his fear was I really doubt it was his intent to kill himself, he was running from panic, not a desire to die.

I am only basing this on past experiences I have had with people diagnosed with paranoid Schizophrenia. May I be correct and his death not to have been an intent for suicide.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alphadude
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

May your friend now find the peace that did not come to him in life.

I doubt if your friend committed suicide. Based on what you said I am assuming he was paranoid schizophrenic. His intent and goal would not have been to die but to escape from what he saw as a danger. He was running in fear from something his tortured mind perceived as a very real threat to his life. I doubt if his intent was to die when he jumped from the bridge, but rather he saw himself as trapped and thought he could escape from what he thought was chasing him. In his mind he most likely did not realize that jumping could kill him, he probably saw it as an escape route. He may have even thought he could fly if he jumped.

Whatever his fear was I really doubt it was his intent to kill himself, he was running from panic, not a desire to die.

I am only basing this on past experiences I have had with people diagnosed with paranoid Schizophrenia. May I be correct and his death not to have been an intent for suicide.
once some time ago he told me that i will give you everything to kill me he got married few years ago and he have a kid iswell the problem i think was his illness and his wife not being with him his wife is in back home and he couldnt work bcoz if illness Allah knows best what his intentions.

thanks all for replying

Ramadhan
10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi rooji'un.

May your friend be spared the fire of jahannam and may he be dierctly admitted to Jannah. and may Allah SWT gives you sabr. amiin.

Zafran
10-10-2010, 01:33 PM
salaam

May your friend find peace

Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

peace

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaayhi rajioon

Ameen to all the Duaas!

PouringRain
10-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. May God give you and his family comfort and peace through this.

aadil77
10-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

May he have died in a state of innocence and May Allah forgive his sins and grant him jannah

glo
10-10-2010, 05:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

His family and friends must be devastated! May God given them peace and comfort in this situation, and may they give each other support and help.
God knows your friend's heart, his struggles, fears, hopes and despair better than any of us, and he will judge him with mercy and grace.

Muslim Woman
10-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Salaam

I hope , it was an accident and not suicide. May Allah forgives him and grants him paradise , Ameen.

Alphadude
10-10-2010, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

I hope , it was an accident and not suicide. May Allah forgives him and grants him paradise , Ameen.
wsalam

no it was not an accident it was a suicide they said that he came out of the house and then when his family saw he wasnt at home they came out looking for him outside and some said that he saw the police outside and then he ran away from them bcoz he was scared from them allways bcoz of his illness Allah knows what he was thinking so he was running on smaller streets rather then main road to avoid the police and any 1 following him then he got near the bridge and jumped there was a witness there he saw him and he called the police i went to see his father many other relatives came for duaa his father wasnt on himself and i dont know what he will do when he is on himself and my cousin was his only son and my cousin was married and had a kid.

جوري
10-10-2010, 11:59 PM
inna lilla wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon..

Pickthal 24:61] No blame is there upon the blind nor any blame upon the lame nor any blame upon the sick

I have known of a schizophrenic guy who killed himself, he came from a very bright affluent family, his sibling and both parents were doctors, somehow they seemed relieved when he took his own life, like he shamed the family or something.. bottom line is when he wasn't taking medication, and he wasn't obviously because he had a very poor support system, the voices were telling him all kinds of things.. you need to know and believe that and make du3a for your friend because he was sick, believe me when I tell you that sickness in the head is the worse there is, as I myself have battled with depression for years.. it isn't as if you're just sick of your life and want out.. there really is something wrong there that can't be described in words.. darkness all around, above you, behind you, beneath you, plus strange sensations try to compound that in the case of a schizophrenic with voices telling him to kill himself or that he is worthless or that UFO creatures are after him.. they live in their own world akhi and they can't help it..

so offer him your du3a and insha'Allah, Allah swt will admit him into paradise' high meed and yakfena sharr al'maradd.

ameen ya rabb

Woodrow
10-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Read carefully the words Ukhti Lily just posted. they are very wise and very true.

S.Belle
10-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

Im truely sorry for you lost bro
May Allah forgive his sins and grant him Jannah

Amat Allah
10-11-2010, 01:23 AM
inna lellah wa inna ilayhi Rajioon...

May Allah send His Rahmah upon him his family and all the Ummah Ameeen

titus
10-11-2010, 04:02 AM
I had one of my dearest friends of over 20 years kill himself last year. To this day it is the only time my wife ever saw me cry. I feel for you and your loss.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!