/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Supplication

anonymous
10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Assalamu'alaikum,

Brothers and Sisters I have question in regards with supplication. I have met this girl that I am very interested and have expressed these feelings with my family. Both my mother and father have been supportive of me and said that I can propose to this girl with her family. The father wants someone whose finished school and has a job, which I understand. So hopefully, if Allah wills it after I finish my studies, which will be in a year this December (2011) I can make a proposal.

Now until then I have been praying to Allah (swt) to give me patience and also seeking his permission for allowing me to marry her. But when I do my supplication I'm not sure if I am doing it right. I know you have to make dua in a certain way but I 'm not too sure :hmm:

When I make dua I usually say "Ya Allah please allow me to marry x..., Ya Allah please give me patience..." I just wanted to know am I doing this right (the supplication)?

Assalamu'alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Assalamu'alaikum,

This is what I was worried about

To make Duaa with firm conviction (for e.g. he should not say: "O Allah! If you wish fulfil so and so task of mine." (All six major hadith collections)
I don't want my dua to fall under that category ^^
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?ID=1056

Alpha Dude
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

Should be ok, inshaAllah.

I make dua in a similar fashion.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
When I make dua I usually say "Ya Allah please allow me to marry x..., Ya Allah please give me patience..." I just wanted to know am I doing this right (the supplication)?
That should be okay and why not Allah can understand English. Even if you do not bring up your will to your mouth and pray in your heart He will accept it (if it's good for you) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!