/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English Defence League Protest in Leicester 9 October 2010

Muezzin
10-11-2010, 04:48 PM
A massive police presence on Saturday largely managed to control a protest by the English Defence League. Seventeen people were arrested as skirmishes broke out and one policeman was taken to hospital with an injured leg.

Windows were broken and fireworks and smoke bombs were thrown at the police. However, fears that the demonstrations would lead to widespread serious public disorder proved unfounded.

Source

The serious public disorder may not have been widespread, but it did exist - like when members of the EDL attacked a fast food restaurant with women and children inside (Warning: footage may be upsetting)

They didn't start a riot, but man, they were trying (Warning: footage consits of grown men beating the hell out of each other outside Benny's Chicken of all places)

They also lobbed fireworks and smoke grenades at police, broke a policeman's leg, smashed the second floor window of an art gallery, and trashed a Sky News van.

Do the EDL seriously think this is upstanding English behaviour to be proud of?

On the other hand, perhaps now the EDL's violent idiocy is more apparent to any would-be, well-meaning supporters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
10-11-2010, 06:59 PM
i watched the videos on youtube....and i came across a hilarious comment by some american guy

'Fight, men of England! The men of the USA are with you. Let all free men stand together against Muslime hordes.'

Neelofar
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Salaamz!:D

i live in Leicester and i live in the area which they tried to attack, but luckily the roads were blocked off so they couldn't get into the area which i live in.. it was very scary, all shops and roads were closed and helicopters were circulating all over the place, i've never seen anything like it in my enitre life. The shop Primark and food chain Big John's were attacked..it was pure madness! They tried to attack a mosque on Conduit street, buh alhumdulillah that did not happen :) there were also opposition groups called UAF (unite against facism) and MDL (muslim defence league) May Allah guide these 'EDL' people towards the right direction of Islam..

Muezzin
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelofar
May Allah guide these 'EDL' people towards the right direction of Islam..
Or to the nearest prison.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
During the day they couldn't get anywhere near highfields/evington, some brothers managed to escape police lines and battered a few of them

Some of the EDL cowards decided to stay till night when majority of brothers had gone home, they came and attacked some elderly brothers outside central masjid, luckily some brothers from inside the masjid overheard, they came out and absolutely battered them - Alhamdulillah

other than that; they terrorised a few muslim women and attacked a muslim restaurent

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!