/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Given a gift that is a symbol of idol worship

Amoeba
10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I was given an ornamental gift recently that is a symbol of idol worship. Should I have accepted it in the first place? It was given to me by a sister as a gift, I don't think she meant anything by it, she was just trying to be nice.

I am not sure what to do with it either. Burry it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amoeba
10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Wow, um... I seem to have accidentally lost it anyway. No joke. I don't lose things often either. Oh well, I guess that's that sorted.

I'm still curious about the question though, so could the mods please leave this open anyway?

Woodrow
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Just curious what about it makes you believe it was a symbol of idol worship? If it was a religious medal, or statue I would assume it was a gift from a Catholic. In that case it would have been best to graciously decline it with the explanation you are not Catholic and the gift has no religious meaning for you. catholics can be quite persistent about giving religious medals or statues etc as gift, but most are understanding that such can be offensive to non-Catholics.

Amoeba
10-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Lol, no, she is a muslim, but it is a symbol of Egyptian idol worship she gave to me. On top of that it's also got a face.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!