/* */

PDA

View Full Version : buying a number that is islamic

burhanloey
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Salam'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Does buying a number (phone number, vehicle plate number etc.) that looks like islamic (eg. 12 for the birth of prophet muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wa salam), 99 for the asma' ul-husna, etc.) considered shirk or kufr? Let say I purchased those numbers at a higher price than usual...

Any reply would be appreciated...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
:sl:

One of my micro business is selling prepaid cellphone numbers.

Except usual numbers, there are numbers that classified as Special Numbers that shared into two categories.
- First. Pretty Numbers, or numbers that look good. In example xx101010.
- Second. Lucky Numbers, or number that can brings luck to anyone who hold that number.

The buyers have different motivation in buying those numbers. They buy Pretty Numbers because they like those numbers, and this is not Shirk. But other buyers buy Lucky Number because they expect those number would makes them lucky, and this is Shirk.

Now back to your question. What is your motivation in buying that number ?. If you buy just because you like that number, it's OK. But if you think that number would makes you lucky or protect you from evil, it's Shirk.

---------------------------

Edit : If you see "thumb down" in the up left, that is not from me.

burhanloey
10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
thanks for clearing things up..

jazakallahu khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!