/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there any christianboard or so?

Vigno
10-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Just a question, not criticising anyone. Is there anything as christianboard or jewishboard or any forum of such on the internet?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-12-2010, 03:06 PM
A quick google search should answer your question. Search under Christianboard and Jewishboard you should find several thousand hits.

PouringRain
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Is this a trick question? :)

Isn't promoting anything other than Islam forbidden here? :p So, if we reply with a link to one, then wouldn't we be in trouble?

If the mods do not mind I can give a link to a forum where I post on that is a Christian one. The members there can be quite hostile towards Muslims, so I would caution you to avoid the place if you are easily aroused to anger and impulsive in posting. I only say that, because as we all know, if someone comes and acts in such a manner, rather than being calm and patient/ controlled, then it only serves to feed into their negative impressions. (This happens with both of our religions.)

But there are some really good Muslim members there. :thumbs_up

LINK DELETED BY WOODROW---IF ANY MEMBER DESIRES TO FIND A NON-ISLAMIC FORUM, SO BE IT. BUT THEY CAN USE A SEARCH FOR FINDING ONE, NOT GET HAND FED ONE.

If the mods will not allow this, then feel free to delete the post.

Regarding Jewish forums...... There is not one that I would recommend, to be honest. Not that there aren't decent ones out there, just not one that I would recommend for various reasons.

Predator
10-16-2010, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
If the mods do not mind I can give a link to a forum where I post on that is a Christian one. The members there can be quite hostile towards Muslims, so I would caution you to avoid the place if you are easily aroused to anger and impulsive in posting. I only say that, because as we all know, if someone comes and acts in such a manner, rather than being calm and patient/ controlled, then it only serves to feed into their negative impressions. .
Not just Muslims. I have seen other Non-christian get banned for even questioning contradictions in the bible like these

The bible states
And the words of the LORD are flawless...." (Psalm 12:6)

Yet we see contradictions

2 Kings 24:8 - Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he began to reign.
2 Chronicles 36:9 - Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign

And the response he got from the members "why are you worried about his age " ? and that was pathetic .And mods naturally got cold feet and just banned him. So in short ,how are we to have any discussion with such losers and cowards ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ezekiel_B
10-16-2010, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
The members there can be quite hostile towards Muslims
Well, that seems to be rather the case here for Christians and atheists, does it not? I've even seen a buddhist abused in here.

As for promoting something other than Islam being forbidden, I have met one or two muslims in real life who feel quite respectful towards christianity and have even acknowedged Jesus as one of the prophets... it's just that mohamed is their 'main man', not Jesus. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

جوري
10-16-2010, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel_B
Well, that seems to be rather the case here for Christians and atheists, does it not? I've even seen a buddhist abused in here. As for promoting something other than Islam being forbidden, I have met one or two muslims in real life who feel quite respectful towards christianity and have even acknowedged Jesus as one of the prophets... it's just that mohamed is their 'main man', not Jesus. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

You can be hostile on your mother board all you want-- in fact it is quite welcomed apart from burying your head in the sand, chanting hate speech and mob mentality is quite common on christian and atheist board undoubtedly with govt. approval!

you are a guest here and if you don't like it here, you don't have to be a member here!

all the best

serena77
10-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Peace be to all on this beautiful day -
the hosility towards other religions has been a big reason that i started wondering if my spiritual path was incorrect. I have yet to revert... and the last guy i dated .... wanted to join the catholic church and went through the classes ... one thing he always said was.. that if a protestant asked him about the catholic church he wouldn't answer becaue he didnt think they deserved to know ... ( excuse me ?? ) ... sigh... then a lot of the people at my parish .... are very against certain groups, including muslims...... and again thats an issue for me.. a big issue..... and so the idea for me of even wanting to join a christian or jewish forum , would be - is - non existant... not because there aren't wonderful people of both groups but because of that closed minded minority.. sometimes its the minorities that are the loudest too. This is something that while i have seen as most unfortunate.. may also be what makes it much easier to revert if i get to the position where i feel i am knowledagable too.

Salaam
Serena

Insaanah
10-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I have met one or two muslims in real life who feel quite respectful towards christianity and have even acknowedged Jesus as one of the prophets
It sounds like you think they are in the minority acknowledging that Jesus (peace be upon him) is a prophet. That being the case, you have a lot to learn about Islam.

It is an article of faith of Islam to believe in Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). If a person calls himself a Muslim and doesn't believe in, respect, or love Jesus (peace be upon him) then he is NOT a Muslim.

We believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) was one of the mightiest messengers of God.
We believe that he was the messiah, translated as christ.
We believe he was born miraculously without any male intervention.
We believe that he gave life to the dead with Gods permission.
We believe he healed those born blind and lepers with Gods permission

However we do not believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) ever claimed divinity, or that he was God, son of God, or that he said "Worship me". We also do not believe that he was crucified, nor died for anyones' sins. In Islam, each person is accountable for their sins.

We believe in One God, who has no associates whatsoever in His Divinity, and we believe in all the Prophets that God sent whether we've heard of them or not. That includes the final Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). We don't pick and choose which ones to believe in while denying others. We believe in them as they were, the noblest of humanity chosen by God to guide and warn mankind. We neither reject some of them, nor exaggerate the status of others to something it wasn't, i.e. divine.

Peace.

Ezekiel_B
10-16-2010, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
It sounds like you think they are in the minority acknowledging that Jesus (peace be upon him) is a prophet. That being the case, you have a lot to learn about Islam.
I didn't say I thought they were in a minority. It is merely fact that I have spoken to 'one or two' muslims about this. They didn't say that they were in the minority.

However we do not believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) ever claimed divinity, or that he was God, son of God, or that he said "Worship me".
Well, at least we have something in common! :)

We also do not believe that he was crucified, nor died for anyones' sins. In Islam, each person is accountable for their sins.
I have no reason to doubt he died on a cross - the method of execution chosen by the Romans at the time, being 'crucifixion' but I wasn't there, so couldn't personally verify everything. I do not accept the man died for anyone's sins or rose again from the dead, either. Not because I am a muslim but because that notion simply doesn't hold any water in my way of thinking. I understand the concept of spiritual martyrdom, but I don't accept it.

Ezekiel_B
10-16-2010, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
and we believe in all the Prophets that God sent whether we've heard of them or not.
How do you go about believing in someone you've never heard of?

Ezekiel_B
10-16-2010, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
you are a guest here and if you don't like it here, you don't have to be a member here!
Oh, but I simply love it here! No, you're right. I don't have to be a member if I don't want to be, but I do. :)

Insaanah
10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Peace, Ezekiel,

Well, at least we have something in common! :)
Would you mind sharing what faith (if any) you belong to with us?

How do you go about believing in someone you've never heard of?
In the hadeeth (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]) we have been told that Allah sent 124,000 prophets. Of those, only 25 have been mentioned by name in the Qur'an. The rest haven't. We don't know what their names were, what places they were sent to, but we believe in them all. We believe in all the angels too, even though we've never seen them, and we only know some of their names.

And belief in the unseen is a characteristic of the believers:

"This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil).
Who believe in the Unseen, and establish prayer, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them;
And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter.
They are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful." (Qur'an 2:2-5)

Peace.

Yanal
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
:sl:

Google is your friend,insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!