/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taking my Shahada.

Luke90
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
ok, so today, I'm ready,I'm ready to submit myself to Allah, I know it's recommended to have at least 2 people to witness my Shahada but as I don't have anyone I'll probably take another infront of fellow Muslims at a later date, but today, I'm ready to submit myself, with you, my new Brothers and Sisters, as my witnesses.

I will post a text Shahada, but just so you all know I am saying it out loud (probably as you read this).

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

(lâ ilâha illallâh, Muḥammadur rasûlullâh)
There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Thank you for reading this and Welcoming me into Islam my Brothers and Sisters.:Crescent:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Allah Akbar!!
Welcome to Islam bro we are your bros/sis' anytime you need help we are all here for you
we support you and you support us
I am so happy for you may Allah bless you!

AabiruSabeel
10-12-2010, 06:38 PM
:salamext:

Allahu Akbar! :welcome: to Islam and the Welcome to the Muslim Ummah.

May Allah keep you firm on Guidance and increase your Iman. May Allah remove all the hurdles that you may face and ease all your affairs.

Insaanah
10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:salamext:

Allahu Akbar! :welcome: to Islam and the Welcome to the Muslim Ummah.

May Allah keep you firm on Guidance and increase your Iman. May Allah remove all the hurdles that you may face and ease all your affairs.
Assalaamu alaikum,

Ameen to all the du'as. Welcome back to Islam, brother. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. We're all here for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM
congrats,
wish you all the best.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-12-2010, 06:59 PM
:salamext: Brother

Welcome to Islaam to the perfect and only perfect way of life, the way of life that your Lord Allmighty has prescribed for you!
Congratulations and now you are like a New Born Baby, and have clean slate! :Alhumdill

May Allaah grant you happiness and ease in this life and the Akhirah Ameen

Please keep us all in your Prayers , remember we are always here to answer any of your Questions that you may have regarding Islaam as we are your Brothers and Sisters in Islaam, so feel free to ask!

May you have a beneficial and fun, loving journey whilst learning about Islaam!

:wasalamex

Misz_Muslimah
10-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Alhamdulilah Allah guided you to the straight path..
May Allah bless you and ease all your affairs ..ameen

syed_z
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Praise Be To Allah (swt)...

(Al Quran 24:35)....Allah guides to His Light whom He wills....

Welcome to Islam.

Abdul-Raouf
10-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Assalamu alaikkum wa rahmathullahi wa barakathuhu...Congrats brother.

Awsome feeling.. when i read your post brother....Allahu Akbar!!! Allahu Akbar!!!

Love ALLAH

marwen
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Alhamdulillah ! w Allahu Akbar !
That's a great news ! welcome to Islam, with a big imaan and zero sins ! :Alhumdill

Now gimme a big hug bro ! :happy: *hugs the laptop*

Luke90
10-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Thank you all for this Welcome! I'm really looking forward to my new life!, It will take me time to progress but today is the start!!!. :)

greenshirt
10-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Allahu akbar!!

Brother, congratulations. This is a major decision in your life but I think you will not regret it!

format_quote Originally Posted by Luke90
It will take me time to progress but today is the start!!!.
It's okay! Remember Islam came in stages. For example the issue of intoxication. At first it was only haram to be intoxicated during prayers. But other wise it was okay. But when liquor was scarce and it became easy to ban it fully, it was. And now alcohol and intoxication is haraam! But it happened over a period so that the people could adjust. So understand that this religion is made to be an easy-to-follow religion and a simple religion. Try your best to not sin but we understand if you do!

Luke90
10-12-2010, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenshirt
It's okay! Remember Islam came in stages. For example the issue of intoxication. At first it was only haram to be intoxicated during prayers. But other wise it was okay. But when liquor was scarce and it became easy to ban it fully, it was. And now alcohol and intoxication is haraam! But it happened over a period so that the people could adjust. So understand that this religion is made to be an easy-to-follow religion and a simple religion. Try your best to not sin but we understand if you do!
Thank you for this advice!, I will take things slow and allow myself to absorb as much information and teaching as possible.

Neelofar
10-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Salaam! :D

that was the first time I've witnessed a shahada :p such a wonderful act! Thank you for that :) and I would like to give you a warm welcome on behalf of all of the members here on this forum, may Allah keep you and everyone else steadfast in prayer, Ameen

جوري
10-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Takabir

Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar

al7mdlillah.. it does my poor heart good to see something to positive in world of doubt..

:welcome: to the ummah akhi

:w:

tw009
10-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Allahu'Akbar!!

Congratulations and Welcome to the ummah. May Allah bless you and keep you guided and firm in the deen. May He ease all your affairs. Ameen

YusufNoor
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
:sl:

Allahu Akbar!

Prayer is non negotiable. here's a link to a video on prayer:

http://www.kalamullah.com/new-muslims.html

until you learn how to pray, you can follow someone else [which makes it a good idea to find the nearest mosque] OR:

repeat in each position [as shown in the vid]:

Sub-han Allah, wa-Al-hum-du-lillah wa-La ilaha il lallah, wa-Allahu Akbar

Fajr is 2 rakah about 1.5 hours before sunrise
Duhr is 4 rakah about .5 to 1 hour after the sun is at it highest noon pos.
Asr is 4 rakah halfway from duhr to sunset
Mahgrib is 3 Rakah just past sunset
Isha is about 1.5 hours after Mahgrib

here's a link for prayer times:

http://www.islamicity.com/prayertimes/

here's a link for some great videos from Bilal Philips:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

here's some great audio by Mufti Ismail Menk:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

here's the homepage for Kalamullah:

http://www.kalamullah.com/index.html

May Allah guide you and strengthen you in the Faith!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!