/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malformation of creation? Do I have any right to change it?

Amoeba
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I have impacted wisdom teeth, dentist says if they don't harm me he'd rather leave them alone but the moment I start feeling pain I need to get them removed (they're not all in yet, but x-rays show they're going to come in all wonky). The one I do have isn't bothering me but I did occasionally bite the inside of my cheek with it and it serves no useful purpose (can't chew with it). The others though could cause far more harm, one could grow into my jaw muscle and immobilize my jaw, the others could grow into my other teeth and break them open.

Thing is if this is how Allah created me, do I have any right to have His body that he gifted to me modified? This is a real dilemma, because if my jaw becomes immobilized that would be very serious. I understand that if you're injured and you become malformed through injury you can undergo surgery to be normalized again, because you weren't created injured. But if you're born with a malformation, what's the ruling on that?

What about purely cosmetic things too? Like skin tags... I have one and it caused irritation, alhamdulilah it has shrivelled up and gone black and is about to drop off. But I have one on my back also that I keep accidentally scratching and it hurts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
distressed
10-14-2010, 09:19 AM
:sl:

Sis its ok to get wisdom teeth removed. I had one done years ago, and the amount of pain was unbearable, & then only a few weeks ago, i had to have the other extracted. wisdom teeth removal is ok + if your gona get jaw problems after, and you can avoid it, then why would you sit and wait for your problems to devlop ? also removing skin tags, moles etc is ok as far as i know.

D

distressed
10-14-2010, 09:22 AM
have a look at this, it may help.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11334/moles

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/search2/teeth/AllWords/t,q,a

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!