/* */

PDA

View Full Version : intro

serena77
10-15-2010, 03:08 AM
salaam & peace to all
i'm .. at times wondering what I'm thinking... but here's a short intro...
i'm 33... in the states.... in a very conservative, rural area... and i have to be related to casper (the friendly ghost) ...
i converted to catholocism about 6 years ago.. and i was raised atheistic... a few years ago... i read a few reversion storites... and fell in love w/ the peace they seemed to feel and that i got just from reading it.

i have since read the Quar'an and found how much I enjoy nasheeds.... i've become a member of a pen pal list ( not naming it.. not advertising it... ) and have made a few muslim friends ...
i have questions i don't know how to put into words... i'm frustrated over the location in which i live and its lack (total lack) of resources in the area.. and while i haven't decided yet what i'm doing... i decided a forum was the next best place to go while i think about thinking about reverting.

So much of what i've read.. makes sense.. and i'm kinda thankful that in other posts i've seen other catholics or were catholics or what have you...

anyway.. thats where i am in a very small nutshell.. i'm more thankful for the site than i can ever express.

Serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
10-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Hello Serena!

I apologize for the hassle and delays you had to experience during your registration process and moderation-waiting period.

At any rate, welcome to the forums! God willing, you'll benefit much from the forum.

Indeed, lack of resource etc may be a problem. Though, in this day and age, with the Internet so readily available at hand, information has been fairly accessible. As you indirectly mentioned, however, interaction and physical resource has a different impact.

We'll, hopefully, try to fill the void as much as possible. But at the end of the day, it's your decision and your eagerness that will eventually lead you to your destination. :)

PouringRain
10-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Have you looked at how far you are from the local Mosque or Islamic Center? Or have you looked for if there are any Muslims in your area? I know you said you live in a rural area, but you still may find some not too far off.

Tilmeez
10-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Ahaa! You can also relate me to Casper :p (the friendly Mod, I mean ghost :D)

You are on a nice place and you will find many reverts here with their own wonderful stories of reversion. Keep reading and posting around. We will pray for your guidance, Inshallah. For any questions you are free to ask. We have many nice sisters and brothers here who will be more than happy to help you.

Wish you a nice and beneficial stay here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tw009
10-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Welcome Serena!

I hope you have a beneficial stay here, may you find the right guidance, InshAllah.

Ramadhan
10-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Welcome to the forum, Serena

I hope you have enjoyable and beneficial stay, and may Allah SWT gives you guidance to the straight path and may you have the strength and conviction towards the straight path. amiin.

serena77
10-15-2010, 09:16 PM
peace to all -

thank you to everyone has replied. It means a great deal to me. I was ... am .. a little nervous to take this step... but i've gotten to the point where .. its gonna take some time for me to be able to revert..... if it happens... but i'm getting closer to the point of knowing thats what i should do. However, i need to have more knowledge before i can do that and i think this forum will help a great deal. when i joined the catholic church.... they require a year of classes and while i did well there.... i was able to show i understood .. A, B, and C. There has been some questions that no one ever even attempted to answer... It reminds me of all the ... and this is not limited to christians.... they go...so everyone knows the story of X, i won't rehash it but this is what i learned from it. the personal account is nice in itself... but if you don't know the story you don't get the full meaning.. hence why the research for me is important.... not to mention ... meeting others..... thats also important.

Thank you again everyone... i hope I'm able to learn and give guidance to anyone i'm able to as i continue to learn.
again thank you all
Salaam
Serena

marwen
10-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the forums sister.
Have a nice beneficial time.

serena77
10-19-2010, 01:00 AM
thank you to any who have welcome me and i haven't replied to.. Sadly my laptop went on the fritz saturday and then took a huge nosedive. i'm boring a laptop to even be here...... but please understand i'll reply to anything and everything that i can once i get bak... and sporadically i'll b n untl i get mine back.
Peace to all
Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!