/* */

PDA

View Full Version : French woman on trial for 'burqa assault'

FS123
10-15-2010, 03:07 PM
The retired English teacher, known only as Marlene, had told police she asked the woman from the United Arab Emirates in English to remove the veil. When the woman refused, she ripped it off. When the woman put it back on again, she punched, scratched and bit her, according to the police report.

"I knew I was going to crack one day," 63-year-old Marlene said, according to police. "This burqa story was beginning to annoy me."

The incident, for which she also faces a 750 euro ($1,000) fine, occurred in a luxury Paris boutique last February.

Marlene, who did not appear in court and had no legal representation, has defended her position in the media. Speaking to Le Parisien newspaper, she said it was unacceptable women wore the veil in what she called the birthplace of human rights. "I taught languages in Morocco and Saudi Arabia," she told the newspaper. "I have seen how in those countries women are treated ... walking three metres behind their husbands."

She denied any acts of violence in the newspaper.

France's five million-strong Muslim community is Western Europe's largest, but fewer than 2,000 women are believed to wear a full face veil. Many Muslim leaders have said they support neither the veil nor the law banning it.

The verdict is due on Nov. 4.

Source: http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...t_/Article.htm

What in the world? imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
almahdali
10-15-2010, 04:32 PM
How did she knows women in veil are oppressed? Sometimes Europeans or people around the world is so ignorant until they think that they are so civilized while the term civilization itself is abstract and may differ according to regions. It's like the world just evolve around themselves although they had been to different places. I had came accross the phrase brought by French colonialist in Cambodia, "White's Man Burden." It seems like they are no different to al-Qaeda terrorist organization, who claim to bear the burden from God to destroy "evil" America. Just my 2 cents.

islamaholic™
10-15-2010, 04:36 PM
The sister should've gone all Niqabi Ninja and kicked the french out of her.

S.Belle
10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
^ agreed reading this makes me upset *enhale* *exhale*
What this woman did to this sister is outrageous and so are the French for banning the hijab and niqab

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by almahdali
How did she knows women in veil are oppressed?
She oppressed a woman with a veil; maybe she imagined others following her own attitude towards women with veils.

:wa:

FS123
10-15-2010, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by almahdali
How did she knows women in veil are oppressed? Sometimes Europeans or people around the world is so ignorant until they think that they are so civilized while the term civilization itself is abstract and may differ according to regions. It's like the world just evolve around themselves although they had been to different places. I had came accross the phrase brought by French colonialist in Cambodia, "White's Man Burden." It seems like they are no different to al-Qaeda terrorist organization, who claim to bear the burden from God to destroy "evil" America. Just my 2 cents.
I know few people like that and they don't really care. They just use it at an excuse. One hand she claims women in veil are oppressed, on the other hand, she is assaulting (in a way oppressing herself). Genuine people I know respect the right for the women to wear what they want, they don't attack and assault.

FS123
10-15-2010, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamaholic™
She did the right thing, she didn't take the law in her own hands. But I hope she sue her to hell.

Muhaba
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
How low have the Muslims become?! The UAE government should respond by banning all french nonmuslims from entering UAE and deporting all french nonmuslim tourists.

format_quote Originally Posted by islamaholic™
Laughing my head off.

almahdali
10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
LOL, isn't that oppressing human-rights if the UAE doing so? When France trying to kick of women in veil or others who had been living there for ages just because of their religious practices claimed as not suitable to secularist principles, it is for liberté, égalité, et fraternité.

How oppression being defined in this world? It seems blurry. Is it only for women wearing the veil? How about others being oppressed to expose their private parts when they were pushed to be invloved in prostitution? My ex-auntie from North of Thailand too was forced to be a prostitute before she was married off by my grandparents to my late uncle for her dignity sake. Now I guess she turned to be a Buddhist again (they have special mantras to turn people back to the dharma) after she returned home and stucked there or simply shot dead by her family for being a Muslim. OTH, women or men who choose to show off their "pretty" parts voluntarily of course should be respected, but they too must respect others rights since some people are not suitable with that kind of "strange" behavior. Even Spaniards feel uncomfortable seeing natives in Philippines wear nothing until they invented Filipinos traditional dress called Barong Tagalog, LOL.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!