/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Diploma in IATA

Insecured soul
10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Im planning to do this IATA course, is anyone here from tours and travel industry? who can give me some details like what kind of jobs i cant get after that??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insecured soul
10-17-2010, 11:02 PM
is it better if i just google ??? :)

ardianto
11-23-2010, 06:14 PM
:sl:

I have sold my travel bureau at 1997. It's a long time ago and makes me almost forget about travel business. Probably, today travel business is not really same with travel business in my era.

But, in my era, your job in tour and travel industry after you take IATA course is in ticketing division. Your duty is planning an air trip for traveler, choose the airlines that can be used in this trip (remember, in many trips travelers must transit in one or few cities than move to another plane). You also calculate airfare of a trip, especially for trip with Endorsable Ticket, and book it to the airline.

Actually, in IATA course you can also learn Cargo Handling. But, shipping/freight forwarding is not travel bureau business. :)

Tilmeez
11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Actually, in IATA course you can also learn Cargo Handling. But, shipping/freight forwarding is not travel bureau business.
For you will need many more things like a registered company and licences for shipping / forwarding or clearing etc :) Good money if you can market your abilities in market. Otherwise you know the bottom line.

Don't just keep asking and waiting. Just do any thing you want to do. You have time in your hands and once its lost you won't have any things in hands. This course might not take you somewhere but surly will add weight to your CV and can give you an edge somewhere you never expect.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!